NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I don't think it means a thing, really. If they were after players they'd hardly go running to the media with it.

That said, I don't expect much more than 2 decent-good players arriving for low prices.

Ferguson is almost 22 and Sammy is 21 and they've started 9 league games between them. We'd be doing them a favour by releasing them.

It really annoys me for some reason that players can get to that age and have barely no experience. A footballers career is far too short to be wasting years of it.

You'd do well to find a club who uses the loan system as poor as us.

Not particularly arsed about that article, after we spent big (by our standards) in January there was never going to be a big outlay this summer as well. One or two first teamers and possibly replacements for any that leave, but nothing flamboyant. The summer will be as boring as fuck.

They've already told us, the target is top half. Something we could have achieved on the final day last season. Why gamble more than the absolute minimum required?

I'm going to try and shut down my brain from football this summer for the first time since i was about 6 years old.

Can't be arsed dealing with the shitstorm of a summer, much better things to do than hope we might do something positive to brighten my day. :lol:

If the report is correct we won't even get top 10 i'm certain of that.

They've already told us, the target is top half. Something we could have achieved on the final day last season. Why gamble more than the absolute minimum required?

In this league, you have to invest just to stand still. I hope they realise that buying nobody will not even keep us where we are, and where we are is bloody sixteenth in the table.

Glad the fraud is only limited to a pair of 6ft 4" beanpoles before he gets the push.

One Carroll type striker and another lanky Williamson lookalike incoming. 

Zero service

:fwap:

Except Pardew doesn't have control over signings. Which you already know I suppose.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/06/03/61634-33419183/

Quality assured is United policy

NEWCASTLE United’s summer recruitment drive is likely to be limited to a striker and a central defender as the club takes a conscious decision to add quality rather than quantity this close season.

United are yet to make an offer for any player – either in contract or out of contract – and believe their January business has given them some of the strength in depth that was missing earlier in the season. But a striker is the club’s top priority, along with a centre-back – even if they manage to keep hold of skipper Fabricio Coloccini.

Like most Premier League clubs, Newcastle are in no rush to do business early and many senior figures at the club are currently away.

There has been a flurry of speculation about the future of some of the club’s key men but there have been no enquiries from any interested suitors yet. Newcastle are prepared for enquiries for Hatem Ben Arfa, Yohan Cabaye and Papiss Cissé (pictured below) but are not in the mood to sell any of them unless they receive “game-changing offers” as they look for a vast improvement on last season’s 16th place.

United are monitoring a number of other younger players, including Derby County’s Will Hughes, but any further movement is likely to depend on outgoings once again.

There is no interest in Blackpool’s Tom Ince or Braga striker Eder, who is still injured.

Departures are likely, but it is more likely to be fringe squad men who are following Danny Simpson and Steve Harper through the exit door with Newcastle prepared to listen for offers for the likes of Mike Williamson and midfielder Dan Gosling. They will also use pre-season to judge whether Sammy Ameobi, Shane Ferguson, James Tavernier and the returning Haris Vuckic have made enough progress to give them a chance of playing any part in the first-team squad.

Middlesbrough are interested in taking Ameobi on loan again next season.

It appears increasingly unlikely that Newcastle will move for St Etienne’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, once considered their number one summer striker target.

They are ready to look elsewhere now, however, and Aubameyang did not mention Newcastle when he talked about the clubs that have opened discussions with him. Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia Dortmund and Swansea City were all name-checked by the Gabon international, but Newcastle’s interest – which mushroomed into two separate bids in January – has not been followed up this summer.

“I have met with Rudi Völler (sporting director of Bayer Leverkusen) twice, but whether or not St Etienne accept the (Leverkusen’s) offer is a different matter,” he said.

“Dortmund have been following me for more than a year now. I have met with Michael Laudrup and they (Swansea) have a good project, but I need Champions League (football) to progress.”

It just sounds like something any of us could have written based on the existing rumours. No sign of inside knowledge at all.

Sounds great. Obviously we haven't got Europa League this time round but surely we must have learnt something off the sheer amount of injuries last season?

Having said that, I'm willing to ignore that article for my own peace of mind. :D

Guest icemanblue

6ft2.  Not tall enough.

I will never get bored of this joke. Top, top drawer patter.