NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

If we can get £35m for the two off Monaco then deal.

Fuck that, seems a bit pointless building up a good squad only to sell it again so we can build up again and again.

We have some quality players in this squad that have needed time to settle in.

I agree, but if we can take advantage of the money in Monaco & also the rivalry with PSG and their money then we need to take full advantage. HBA £25m, Cabaye £25m, Debuchy £10m, Mbiwa £18m, Obertan 50p, these are the figures we should sell at, its daft money we won't get anywhere else.

It would just feel like we are going back to square one again. Another season where we are bedding in players and may potentially challenge for something the next.

I am not adverse to selling the odd underperformer but when we start talking about half our starting back 4 or any of the players we only signed a few months back it seems utterly pointless.

I'm getting old man! We can't keep doing stuff which might eventually win us something a few seasons down the line.

This squad is 2-3 players away from a team and bench full of players I don't think "ah fuck! he's playing/on the bench", we shouldn't need to sell players to get there.

Colo doesn't go, we sign 3 players and we set up like -

Krul

Debuchy    MYM      Colo    Santon

Anita      Sissoko

Cabaye

Ben Arfa                        Remy

Cisse

and a bench of -

Elliot, Saylor, Haidara, Gouffran, Tiote, a quality winger/forward, Marveaux

:fwap:

We SHOULDN'T have to sell for that.

That's all well and good, but who do we then put on the pitch? :lol:

Replacements. We are allowed to sign replacements, we haven't got a transfer embargo on us last time I checked.  :lol:

If you pay £100k for a house and 6 months later someone offers £150k for it you don't refuse, you start looking for a new house. They are going to be many nutters around who'll offer that again, and that's what the Monaco scenario is; a nutter with money to burn, lets fleece them.

That's all well and good, but who do we then put on the pitch? :lol:

Replacements. We are allowed to sign replacements, we haven't got a transfer embargo on us last time I checked.  :lol:

GLWT

Yeah like:

Nolan with Cabaye

Carroll with Ba

Enrique with Santon

Or us bringing in Sissoko, Debuchy, Goof, Haidara & Mbiwa in one window.

It's like we've never sold and replaced or bought players when needed. If we sell key players this summer we will replace, its absolutely stupid to say we won't.

Guest hydeous

If you pay £100k for a house and 6 months later someone offers £150k for it you don't refuse, you start looking for a new house. They are going to be many nutters around who'll offer that again, and that's what the Monaco scenario is; a nutter with money to burn, lets fleece them.

What if you really like the house? What if the house nutmegs defenders for fun and makes defense splitting passes and kisses the badge a lot? What then? Will you keep selling your houses just because someone waves some cash in your face?

I like my house. I'm not selling.

I understand the whole 'every player has his price' thing but I will never ever understand the willingness that a seemingly increasing number of our fans have to sell players that other good clubs would want.

I understand the whole 'every player has his price' thing but I will never ever understand the willingness that a seemingly increasing number of our fans have to sell players that other good clubs would want.

:thup:

It's madness.

Guest neesy111

I think it's the fact that if players want to leave, then we are better off without them which I think is correct.

In a completely one-off situation for a ridiculous sum of money for a single player who has arguably overperformed for us (ie Carroll, who at the time I didn't want to sell even for £35m) then maybe. The hope is that money would mean you didn't have to do it again any time soon.

For two players who've barely settled in and are fundamental to our next few years? Fuck off. We probably scouted them for longer than six months.

I don't know where this willingness to continually sell our best players is coming from. I don't care about the money, I care about the players on the pitch. As Disco alludes to we're probably already at the ceiling of what we can buy anyway, including wages we are prepared to offer.

In a completely one-off situation for a ridiculous sum of money for a single player who has arguably overperformed for us (ie Carroll, who at the time I didn't want to sell even for £35m) then maybe. The hope is that money would mean you didn't have to do it again any time soon.

For two players who've barely settled in and are fundamental to our next few years? Fuck off. We probably scouted them for longer than six months.

I don't know where this willingness to continually sell our best players is coming from. I don't care about the money, I care about the players on the pitch. As Disco alludes to we're probably already at the ceiling of what we can buy anyway, including wages we are prepared to offer.

Nailed it.

Even if you are supporting the bank balance the club are already pretty much sustainable without selling and are going to have massive increase in revenue from the TV deal too.

Guest icemanblue

I think it's the fact that if players want to leave, then we are better off without them which I think is correct.

Who, other than Cabaye, has even hinted that they want to leave? TT is advocating selling four of our best players on the basis that we could get decent money for them. We're then expected to go out and replace them, in two months, with players of an equally high standard. They're all internationals, playing for a club that has just finished 16th. Do you really think we're going to be able replace them that easily? It's complete madness.

Guest neesy111

Who, other than Cabaye, has even hinted that they want to leave? TT is advocating selling four of our best players on the basis that we could get decent money for them. We're then expected to go out and replace them, in two months, with players of an equally high standard. They're all internationals, playing for a club that has just finished 16th. Do you really think we're going to be able replace them that easily? It's complete madness.

I haven't seen TT's post.  If it's about selling some of the players we bought in January, then that is madness.

They had about 8 good games between them last season.

high standard? Debuchy wasn't anything better than the guy were letting go on a free, Mbiwa was ok nowt special, certainly not a sure starter for next season, I'm sure it won't be hard to pick up a stroppy petulant areshole who goes missing even when as captain and and complete crock of an attacking midfielder.

Bar is set so high there.  :lol:

Guest icemanblue

So fuck man, that doesn't make them bad players. Two of them only joined six months ago. Are you really, honestly that confident we can do better than them all?

EDIT: The bits you've added since my reply are daft. I can't understand how you can view these players in such a negative light. Especially those who've only recently joined.

So fuck man, that doesn't make them bad players. Two of them only joined six months ago. Are you really, honestly that confident we can do better than them all?

i'm confident we can find a better RB than Debuchy for £10m. Im confident we'd get two CB for £18m that would replace what Mbiwa has brought to the table and £25m for either Cabaye or HBA is sensational money and we could replace for half that for each.

If we are talking £5m for debuchy, £7m for Mbiwa, £10m for Cabaye or HBa then no fucking way, its all about the fees for me and how we can invest again.

Look i'd rather Pardew be sacked and not having this conversation, but the reality is he's here to stay and this is the future. Ashley will want to take advantage of the French money scenario and if it arrives at our door asking for players then its up to us to fleece them. Same goes for Russia, if they want Tiote or Cisse for daft money, take it.

Guest bimpy474

So Colo, Saylor, Debuchy, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cisse and Sissoko are all off for about a gazillion quid. Well fuck me, happy days.

You lot are fecking mental tbh :lol:

Edit:  and Mapou as well, wahey :lol:

high standard?Debuchy wasn't anything better than the guy were letting go on a free , Mbiwa was ok nowt special, certainly not a sure starter for next season, I'm sure it won't be hard to pick up a stroppy petulant areshole who goes missing even when as captain and and complete crock of an attacking midfielder.

Get the fuck out! Debuchy is much better than Simpson, positionally, physically, in the air, with the ball, creatively... Mbiwa has played half a season and looked pretty decent, he is a young foreign player, needs time, Coloccini is a great pro, has never hidden on the field, has never been stroppy in any way, name me one example??? And the complete crock of an attacking midfielder, guessing you mean ben arfa, he has been unlucky with injuries. crackpot

high standard?Debuchy wasn't anything better than the guy were letting go on a free , Mbiwa was ok nowt special, certainly not a sure starter for next season, I'm sure it won't be hard to pick up a stroppy petulant areshole who goes missing even when as captain and and complete crock of an attacking midfielder.

Get the fuck out! Debuchy is much better than Simpson, positionally, physically, in the air, with the ball, creatively... Mbiwa has played half a season and looked pretty decent, he is a young foreign player, needs time, Coloccini is a great pro, has never hidden on the field, has never been stroppy in any way, name me one example??? And the complete crock of an attacking midfielder, guessing you mean ben arfa, he has been unlucky with injuries. crackpot

Never mentioned Colo, for all his dramas this year i hope he stays. crackpot

You must be kidding me with these posts.

We don't need to sell. We have a great team. We only need to buy two or three players and our first team will be as good as Spurs and Liverpool.

It will be cheaper replacing the manager, anyway. He is the one who needs replacing, not the players.

You must be kidding me with these posts.

We don't need to sell. We have a great team. We only need to buy two or three players and our first team will be as good as Spurs and Liverpool.

It will be cheaper replacing the manager, anyway. He is the one who needs replacing, not the players.

And i'm the crackpot  :lol: