NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

We have to thank him for them saves at West Ham though. Arguably kept us in the league.

Granted - and then got sent off at QPR

With a bad decision, hardly his fault like. By the way i'm not sticking up for him, just in that instance. He is far from being good enough at all. Rather like his manager, league one is his level.

He made a bad decision too imo.  Gave the ref one to make.  Might be misremembering mind as I was watching through me fingers by that time...

Guest bimpy474

We have to thank him for them saves at West Ham though. Arguably kept us in the league.

Granted - and then got sent off at QPR

With a bad decision, hardly his fault like. By the way i'm not sticking up for him, just in that instance. He is far from being good enough at all. Rather like his manager, league one is his level.

He made a bad decision too imo.  Gave the ref one to make.  Might be misremembering mind as I was watching through me fingers by that time...

I don't get that reasoning, he didn't take the ball out of the area. The rules isn't that the ball needs to be a yard inside, on the line is in, he didn't carry it out and it was a poor decision by the officials.

Not good enough and a mistake waiting to happen mind.

Don't see Krul going anywhere tbh, not for a long time. Having said that, it's puzzling that Zoet would come here to be back up when he has a good chance of being PSV #1. Positive stuff though :thup:

Considering Krul dislocated his shoulder last year it is probably a sensible move. I'm not up to date on medical advances but in previous years dislocations used to weaken the joints and were prone to happening again over time.

guess the dutch make good goalies as they so used to having to stick their fingers in all those dykes.

:lol:

Cant stop laughing at this. WTF does it mean.

(Didnt realise it was Womble - it now makes perfect sense)

guess the dutch make good goalies as they so used to having to stick their fingers in all those dykes.

:lol:

Cant stop laughing at this. WTF does it mean.

(Didnt realise it was Womble - it now makes perfect sense)

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/l/little_dutch_boy.html

all those leaky dykes to plug up...means the dutch are very dextrous.

krul certainly plugs a leaky defense.....

Here we go....

Newcastle set to buy Jeroen Zoet from PSV Eindhoven to be keeper Krul's understudy

9 Jul 2013 22:30     

Holland U21 international will presented to manager Alan Pardew as a done deal by Joe Kinnear and Mike Ashley

Newcastle are swooping for PSV Eindhoven keeper Jeroen Zoet in a deal set up by new supremo Joe Kinnear.

Holland Under-21 international Zoet, who has spent the last two seasons out on loan at PSV's Dutch rivals RKC Waalwijk, is heading for Tyneside after the clubs thrashed out a £2.5 million fee.

The 22-year-old will be understudy for fellow Dutchman Tim Krul, but his arrival may increase the chances of the Geordies' highly-rated number one being sold.

The transfer is the idea of Kinnear and owner Mike Ashley - manager Alan Pardew is being handed the shot-stopper as a done deal.

Zoet’s imminent capture will raise doubts about the future of Rob Eliot, who stood in for the injured Krul over the final weeks of last season.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-jeroen-zoet-psv-2041364#ixzz2YaSLTArO

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Never heard of him!

:shifty:

never heard of him, but being U21 dutch goalie sounds good. Sounds like a really good plan. I hoped we would sign a young promising goalkeeper for little money who would step up when krul leaves. Krul will be a perfect "mentor" for the little younger Zoet. Zoet know his time will come in 1 or 2 years time.

We are actually doing something very smart for once :aww:

Just confirms what many on here are already saying. He's a quality striker, but doesn't contribute much other than goals, so playing him and Cisse together would require a  pretty astute manager.

Pardew is not quite in that category...!