NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

After Rolando from Portugal in the Daily Star although I guess JFK probably thinks its Ronaldo from Portugal.

Lets face it there is no other explanation for it.

To be fair to Pards, he's hardly gonna come out and say "you know what, we were shit today because i haven't got a clue". "when i swapped Goofy for Shola on 65 minutes it was because i hadn't the foggyest idea what to do and it's easy to swap a new boy for a senior player"

There's a difference between saying 'our performances in the FA cup haven't been anywhere near good enough and that's something we're trying to turn around' and 'I've been really, really unlucky in the FA cup'.

One is the words of a manager who constantly bluffs and gives nothing but excuses. He could have said many different things on many occasions that would sound like him taking responsibility for the team he manages without saying 'I'm a shit manager'. He never does it because he's a bullshitter.

We've been in the bottom half or the Championship 7 of the last 9 seasons since SBR was sacked from his position.

A good point. The way some people talk, you'd have thought we were a successful club until Ashley came along and messed it all up.

We've been in the bottom half or the Championship 7 of the last 9 seasons since SBR was sacked from his position.

A good point. The way some people talk, you'd have thought we were a successful club until Ashley came along and messed it all up.

We were doing much better.  The seven years since ashley took over we've finished in the top half once.  The seven years prior we finished in the top half 4 times (including twice in the top 4).  Our worst finish was 14th and second worst was 11th.  Since Ashley we've finished below 11th 6 out of 7 years (obviously including the year in the championship).

Basically it's been a total fuckup.

When it comes to the point that 52,000 fans can see how clueless he is and are freely talk about it, I would say it is worth admitting that he made mistakes and has to change and improve himself.  Of course he has to keep control and has to inspire confidence in himself for players and fans. However it is at the point where he has basically lost the fans and needs to win them back, showing some honesty and humility would be a good start. 

The Ashley master plan of lowering expectations and creating apathy among fans has succeeded, which is prolonging Pardews tenure. Whether the gamble of keeping Pardew pays off or not remains to be seen.. whether anyone around cares by that point is a bigger question.

Ashley has NOT succeeded in creating low expectations and apathy among all fans - I am certainly not satisfied with either his running of the club apart from keeping the club debt free by his loan, or his selection of staff to run the playing side. I suspect that the majority of younger fans have fallen for his plan because they have not seen much better from the club and they are the ones prepared to turn a blind eye to what is happening because they are blindly loyal to the club.

Ashley will reap the whirlwind of what he has sown if the club have another bad season ; you will see ST sales drop dramatically next summer if this happens again because those middle-aged and older fans will lose patience and only go to selected matches.

Don't think it couldn't happen - ST sales were down to 20,000 before SJH and KK took over.....

We've been in the bottom half or the Championship 7 of the last 9 seasons since SBR was sacked from his position. Newcastle as a lower tier club is nothing new to anyone. Season ticket sales will drop if the team is poor, but can you really see people leaving en masse if the team is still in the Premiership? A few seasons in the lower divisions would probably half it though.

Were you following the club in the 80s or early 90s ? What about 15 years ago ?

The history of NUFC did not begin after SBR was sacked.

Didn't you read my comment about younger fans propping the club up ?

The reason NUFC has so many fans is BECAUSE it used to be a club playing attractive football and has a great history. Had the club always been as big a joke as it is now, we would probably be getting around 25,000 at best.

Sheffield Weds and Wolves were once great clubs and well supported......

http://www.lexpressiondz.com/sports/177526-une-offre-de-newcastle-pour-djebbour.html

Offer made for Djebbour according to that. Out of contract.

Just saw this on his Wikipedia site:

At January transfer window Rafik Djebbour renew his contract with Olympiacos until 2016 and make the following statement: "After what happened the last few days on my own initiative, I met with the president of Olympiakos, Mr. Marinakis told him of my intention to stay in the team, because the money was never my priority and agreed to be here for the next three years.I want all of the Olympic family to know that he never wanted to leave from Piraeus and would do anything to be our fans happy and to celebrate with me and my teammates victories and titles ..." .

2016 according to this too:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/rafik-djebbour/profil/spieler_20903.html

Ryder's piece on Ben Arfa today is the least interesting thing I've ever read in my life.

He just rambles about the history of life, saying nothing yet using so many words. Probably been away from the window for too long.