NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Silly me. I should be totally ignorant of the facts presented to me in both the media and by the manager himself, and i should pretend everything is going to be OK.  :iamatwat:

Facts in the media? :o  Are you for real? :lol:  I've never heard Pardew say there's a £7m release clause (some media outlets reckon its £10m BTW), its seems pretty clear there's some kind of release clause but who knows exactly how much it is or what its based on.

Pardew accepted there was a clause, whilst wide spread reporting at both local and national level means... Nothing?

You didn't read my post properly did you?

The £7m bit...  :)

Guest andrew

The old 'the media knows nothing and lies all of the time' game. Well what on earth are you doing in this thread.  :lol:

You do not have to subscribe to thei train of thought to read or analyse the connotations of the piece :)

Guest johnson293

Silly me. I should be totally ignorant of the facts presented to me in both the media and by the manager himself, and i should pretend everything is going to be OK.  :iamatwat:

Facts in the media? :o :lol:  I've never heard Pardew say there's a £7m release clause (some media outlets reckon its £10m BTW), its seems pretty clear there's some kind of release clause but who knows exactly how much it is or what its based on.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/02/13/article-1356576-0D27AC1D000005DC-750_634x404.jpg

EDIT: More apt image used.

I'm here to read rumours, I'm not here to believe anything I'm told no matter what.  I might ask you what you're doing on a discussion forum if you're incapable of reading posts properly by the way.  That's twice now you've managed to either completely miss my point or misinterpret it.

The old 'the media knows nothing and lies all of the time' game. Well what on earth are you doing in this thread.  :lol:

You do not have to subscribe to the train of thought to read or analyse the connotations of the piece :)

But if you were of the view that all information attained through the media was was falsified, i fail to see what motive you would have to post in this thread.

Facts in the media? :o  Are you for real? :lol:  I've never heard Pardew say there's a £7m release clause (some media outlets reckon its £10m BTW), its seems pretty clear there's some kind of release clause but who knows exactly how much it is or what its based on.

Pardew accepted there was a clause, whilst wide spread reporting at both local and national level means... Nothing?

You didn't read my post properly did you?

The £7m bit...  :)

Oh please...  Like I said not all media outlets say its £7m and that says nothing about what the clause is exactly.  You clearly hadn't read my post properly.

I'm here to read rumours, I'm not here to believe anything I'm told no matter what.  I might ask you what you're doing on a discussion forum if you're incapable of reading posts properly by the way.  That's twice now you've managed to either completely miss my point or misinterpret it.

But surely people should be allowed to interpret information as they see fit. Not to adhere to your dictation of what constitutes fact.

The clause might be he gets to leave for £7m unless we are green with envy. No one knows what it is, taking the medias opinion as fact is stupid though.

It is a best estimate, not a stone cold fact.

You do not have to subscribe to the train of thought to read or analyse the connotations of the piece :)

But if you were of the view that all information attained through the media was was falsified, i fail to see what motive you would have to post in this thread.

Everything the media says is false?, who said that then?  I'm going to assume you're not even serious soon and stop responding to you :lol:

But surely people should be allowed to interpret information as they see fit. Not to adhere to your dictation of what constitutes fact.

Yeah you're free to believe anything you read, and I'm free to tell you its not actually a fact just because you believe it.

Facts in the media? :o :lol:  I've never heard Pardew say there's a £7m release clause (some media outlets reckon its £10m BTW), its seems pretty clear there's some kind of release clause but who knows exactly how much it is or what its based on.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/02/13/article-1356576-0D27AC1D000005DC-750_634x404.jpg

EDIT: More apt image used.

King Shola??

Everything the media says is false?, who said that then?  I'm going to assume you're not even serious soon and stop responding to you :lol:

It is an interpretation of your posts.

Guest MrSundlofer

Because he has performed fantastically well this season and has a £7m release clause?

Sorry. I didn't know you had copies of his contract.

where have you been the last few months?

He's probably been on earth, where "facts" in the media should shouldn't be taken at face value.

He asked why we are talking about losing Ba  :lol:

It's pretty obvious isn't it?

Guest andrew

Could have missed something but I doubt anyone said the media is entirely false. I'm sure you can gain an insight into situations through the media even if certain elements of its reporting seem to be manipulated etc.

You mean misinterpretation.

Could have missed something but I doubt anyone said the media is entirely false. I'm sure you can gain an insight into situations through the media even if certain elements of its reporting seem to be manipulated etc.

Perhaps it was a incorrect interpretation on my behalf of this. I apologize for that.

Facts in the media? :o :lol:

Because he has performed fantastically well this season and has a £7m release clause?

Sorry. I didn't know you had copies of his contract.

where have you been the last few months?

He's probably been on earth, where "facts" in the media should shouldn't be taken at face value.

He asked why we are talking about losing Ba  :lol:

It's pretty obvious isn't it?

Ok, I assumed you were responding to his his comment about the specifics of Ba's contract.

You mean misinterpretation.

In the above post i have stated how i read it. I could argue you made a generalisation that the notion of factual media reporting was laughable. But this has gone too far and we should probably get back on topic.