NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Even if giroud was on the radar I think he's now beyond our price range, mind you I said the same about cider who got cheaper.

I reckon we'd pay the €10m needed personally, wouldn't class it as out of our price range.

Yep , read this morning the release clause was 10 Million Euros which could increase if Montpellier get into the CL.

Which they will, anyway now we have signed Cisse i dont understand the Giroud link he's a #9 but we have Cisse.

If we buy a forward id expect to someone who is less of a name and can play outwide like Ba really.

Personally i think the media are bringing up Giroud stories from before we signed Cisse for £.....

For this reason i like Hoilett, his contract is up he can play left, right and probably could even play in the centre at a stretch.

Is Giroud a CF? We don't even need one - can't see that happening.

Wouldn't mind us getting a couple striker equivalents of Abeid/Vuckic, seeing as Nile ain't worked out. Do we have any decent strikers at all in the reserves? Shola's not got ages left and i dare say Best will move on sooner rather than later. Lovenkrands is a non-entity nowadays, obviously. A cheap striker in the next year or so wouldn't be a bad idea, but i don't think we need to splash more big money on one...

Kevin Davies said he was the most skilful player he has ever played with, albeit looking at his glittering career that means very little.

You are kidding right?

Youri Djorkaeff, Martin Petrov, Vladimír Weiss, El Hadji Diouf, Nicolas Anelka, Stelios Giannakopoulos, Jay-Jay Okocha, Hidetoshi Nakata and Jared Borgetti.

Some of those are dubious... But i appreciate the sentiment.  :frantic:

If we lose Ba definately get a new forward, but still wouldn't bother splashing the cash so much, trust Carr to find us some up and coming talent who we don't have to up our cash competing with Totenham and co to buy.

If we buy forwards either adaptable ones or prospects, no point spunking loads of money on Giroud.

Even if we lose Ba?

If we lose Ba id try and buy a forward that is adaptable and can play CF and outwide just like Ba to fit the 4-3-3 if we replaced Ba with Giroud it would be back to 4-4-2 and hoof ball all over again.

Guest Shaun

Because he has performed fantastically well this season and has a £7m release clause?

Sorry. I didn't know you had copies of his contract. My mistake.

Or, maybe we have been fortunate with his knee and should cash in while we still can?

Wouldn't be best pleased about this, but could see the rationale behind it.

Guest MrSundlofer

Because he has performed fantastically well this season and has a £7m release clause?

Sorry. I didn't know you had copies of his contract.

where have you been the last few months?

Silly me. I should be totally ignorant of the facts presented to me in both the media and by the manager himself, and i should pretend everything is going to be OK.  :iamatwat:

Facts in the media? :o :lol:  I've never heard Pardew say there's a £7m release clause (some media outlets reckon its £10m BTW), its seems pretty clear there's some kind of release clause but who knows exactly how much it is or what its based on.

Guest Shaun

Unless I missed something. The club said they don't discuss the details of their players’ contracts.

Sorry. I didn't know you had copies of his contract.

where have you been the last few months?

He's probably been on earth, where "facts" in the media should shouldn't be taken at face value.

Silly me. I should be totally ignorant of the facts presented to me in both the media and by the manager himself, and i should pretend everything is going to be OK.  :iamatwat:

Facts in the media? :o  Are you for real? :lol:  I've never heard Pardew say there's a £7m release clause (some media outlets reckon its £10m BTW), its seems pretty clear there's some kind of release clause but who knows exactly how much it is or what its based on.

Pardew accepted there was a clause, whilst wide spread reporting at both local and national level means... Nothing?

Facts in the media? :o  Are you for real? :lol:  I've never heard Pardew say there's a £7m release clause (some media outlets reckon its £10m BTW), its seems pretty clear there's some kind of release clause but who knows exactly how much it is or what its based on.

Pardew accepted there was a clause, whilst wide spread reporting at both local and national level means... Nothing?

You didn't read my post properly did you?