NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Roland

Sure this has been discussed loads, but is Douglas good? What's his style?

I have not seen him that much, but from what i read here, and other rapports he sounds like the perfect partner to Colo.

Have to be good if he thinks he can make the Holland squad if he gets the papers so he can play for them.

Dutch reporting:

Defensively he is a very good player: strong, quick, good in the air. But his passng is a weakness (unlike Vertonghen) and he is too emotional and get into truble with that. Last year suspended because after a redcard he wanted to attack the referee (teammates guided him of the pitch) and a few weeks ago he get a stupid red card against PSV (with 4-0 up).

Don't think Newcastle has a chance to sign Vertonghen, then he is a good alternative (looking at the players in the Eredivisie).

I have more doubts about Pieters.

Would probably rather keep Perch than Williamson in all honesty.

We'll be playing Europe next season. We'll need both of them. Seriously. Perch is great because of the fact that he can be used in almost every (defensive) position and Williamson because he's a decent cover for CB.

Sure this has been discussed loads, but is Douglas good? What's his style?

I have not seen him that much, but from what i read here, and other rapports he sounds like the perfect partner to Colo.

Have to be good if he thinks he can make the Holland squad if he gets the papers so he can play for them.

Dutch reporting:

Defensively he is a very good player: strong, quick, good in the air. But his passng is a weakness (unlike Vertonghen) and he is too emotional and get into truble with that. Last year suspended because after a redcard he wanted to attack the referee (teammates guided him of the pitch) and a few weeks ago he get a stupid red card against PSV (with 4-0 up).

Don't think Newcastle has a chance to sign Vertonghen, then he is a good alternative (looking at the players in the Eredivisie).

I have more doubts about Pieters.

Yep, agree with all of that. Weren't you a NAC Breda supporter Roland?

Guest andrew

Kevin Davies said he was the most skilful player he has ever played with, albeit looking at his glittering career that means very little.

Okocha, Anelka were far more so

Woudn't mind M Davies for cheap but don't think he's particularly good. Maybe a decent replacement for Guthrie (think hes going to Villa)

Guest MrSundlofer

Kevin Davies said he was the most skilful player he has ever played with, albeit looking at his glittering career that means very little.

You are kidding right?

Youri Djorkaeff, Martin Petrov, Vladimír Weiss, El Hadji Diouf, Nicolas Anelka, Stelios Giannakopoulos, Jay-Jay Okocha, Hidetoshi Nakata and Jared Borgetti.

Guest andrew

You are kidding right?

Youri Djorkaeff, Martin Petrov, Vladimír Weiss, El Hadji Diouf, Nicolas Anelka, Stelios Giannakopoulos, Jay-Jay Okocha, Hidetoshi Nakata and Jared Borgetti.

:lol:

forgot about some of them.

Diouf although a cunt I always thought was pretty nifty with the ball. Stelios is another one I forgot, good little player.

A lot there better in terms of skill than Davies

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Absolutely refuse to believe Mark fucking Davies is more skilful than Okocha was :lol:

Okocha was brilliant.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Okocha was a very MotD type player, great in highlights but far too often didn't do enough in a game.

Agree. Think in terms of pure skill though he could be brilliant.