NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

By my understanding his contract is up this summer but the club retain the right to renew for one more year, so i guess that would involve us paying up based on a year left? I think with the confusion it's being spoken of as a free transfer in some places but would involves us paying a small fee.

Fair play then.

By my understanding his contract is up this summer but the club retain the right to renew for one more year, so i guess that would involve us paying up based on a year left? I think with the confusion it's being spoken of as a free transfer in some places but would involves us paying a small fee.

Could'nt he reject the one-year extension and sign for a club for free? or is this a contract obligation ?

Could'nt he reject the one-year extension and sign for a club for free? or is this a contract obligation ?

The couple of things I've read about it have stated 'the club' retain the option so it sounds like its in their hands (i'm not sure though).

The couple of things I've read about it have stated 'the club' retain the option so it sounds like its in their hands (i'm not sure though).

That's my understanding of it. Seems likely that he'll get an extra year on his contract if only to allow Twente to get a fee for him.

Don't get me wrong, Debuchy would be a great signing but I would prefer us to sign a LB. Unless we're expecting/anticipating one of Ferguson or Santon to make the grade at LB within the next season or so, Debuchy signing would seem a bit unnecessary (as some people have pointed out, €11m is a bit too much too).

I would like to see Santon getting an extended runout at RB too before we think about signing a new RB.

Don't get me wrong, Debuchy would be a great signing but I would prefer us to sign a LB. Unless we're expecting/anticipating one of Ferguson or Santon to make the grade at LB within the next season or so, then Debuchy signing would seem a bit unnecessary (as some people have pointed out, €11m is a bit too much too).

I would like to see Santon getting an extended runout at RB too before we think about signing a new RB.

This..

Have we been linked with Giroud at some point? Clause in his contract is £13m apparently, so that's out of the question.

Yeah think someone mentioned that the other day but I am sure it was 10m euros :lol:

Have we been linked with Giroud at some point? Clause in his contract is £13m apparently, so that's out of the question.

Yeah think someone mentioned that the other day but I am sure it was 10m euros :lol:

Been upped according to Philippe Auclair.

I thought we were only linked with him before we signed Cissé. Could be wrong, mind.

We were and we probably were interested then but since the Cisse signing i think the interest went away.

Personally the media is just bringing up old news for £.

Been upped according to Philippe Auclair.

:thup:

Not to sound all arrogant and that but IF we keep the Dembas I don't think we need to invest so heavily in a striker.

I thought we were only linked with him before we signed Cissé. Could be wrong, mind.

We were and we probably were interested then but since the Cisse signing i think the interest went away.

Personally the media is just bringing up old news for £.

I brought it up. :lol:

Was just saying.

We are probably still following him and if Ba is sold in the summer i can see us coming back in for him again.

Would'nt make sense because Giroud is a target man so it would be back to 4-4-2 and hoofball lol if Ba leaves then i would look into a Versatile forward that can play upfront but wide also like Ba.

:lol: Dave i missed that part  :iamatwat:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/244855/Newcastle-set-to-tie-up-double-deal/?

NEWCASTLE SET TO TIE UP DOUBLE DEAL

NEWCASTLE are set to tie up deals for Brazil-born Douglas and French midfielder Romain Amalfitano.

Defender Douglas, 24 – full name Douglas Franco Teixeira – has told FC Twente boss Steve McClaren he wants to play in the Premier League and Toon want to sign him.

Reims ace Amalfitano, 22, a free agent, has been watched by the Magpies, who have signed Hatem Ben Arfa, Yohan Cabaye, Sylvain Marveaux and Mehdi Abeid from French sides in the last 18 months.

Guest bimpy474

http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=162865

"FC Twente is five million euros for popular Douglas

Monday, April 9, 2012 at 21:00

Douglas continued his career after this season possible in England. Newcastle United , the number five of the Premier League, was last winter already in the market for the 24-year-old center defender of FC Twente and has now again his interest expressed, as reported Football International .

According to the magazine, the employer of Orange-player Tim Krul about five million euros for Douglas. The Dutch Brazilian wants his career in England like to continue, but will make the move until late August. Then he played five seasons in the Netherlands and is entitled to play for Orange.

Douglas has a contract expires in Enschede, but FC Twente has a unilateral option to the contractual collaboration with an extended season. Douglas played 123 Premier League matches and scored ten times. Last week would Manchester United and Internazionale in Enschede have knocked.