NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

George Caulkin ‏ @CaulkinTheTimes 

Yohan Cabaye says he can fulfill ambitions at #Nufc - & that former Lille team-mate Mathieu Debuchy wants to join. http://thetim.es/HZI0uC (£)

and in the Journal at http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/04/06/yohan-cabaye-reaches-out-to-a-friend-61634-30704994/

Mentioned here a couple of days ago too...

http://www.footmercato.net/premier-league/transferts/newcastle-entre-dans-la-danse-pour-debuchy_82843

Says he's valued at €11m like.

Guest MrSundlofer

If Simpson's going, we probably need one.

It wouldn't surprise me if we sign a right back, a left back, Simpson being sold and we send Santon out on loan to an Italian club.

do we? Santon, Perch, Raylor and Saylor can all play there, Tavernier may even get a new contract?

Aye and Jonas can play left back so we dont need a new left back either.

do we? Santon, Perch, Raylor and Saylor can all play there, Tavernier may even get a new contract?

Aye and Jonas can play left back so we dont need a new left back either.

I see what you did there, look at it from the perspective of the people that actually make the decisions, do we NEED a new right back if Simpson leaves and we bring in a left back? (which by all accounts has been the plan all along)

Guest MrSundlofer

It wouldn't surprise me if we sign a right back, a left back, Simpson being sold and we send Santon out on loan to an Italian club.

Why would we send Santon out on loan? to Italy no less?

:lol:

First of all, I wasn't very serious.

And why Italy? For being homesick maybe? Happens to a lot of players.

Why would we send Santon out on loan? to Italy no less?

:lol:

First of all, I wasn't very serious.

And why Italy? For being homesick maybe? Happens to a lot of players.

:no:

Quality player and would be a fantastic signing i realise he's a RB but most of our fullbacks can play both sides equally well so i dont see the problem.

Debuchy Douglas Colo Santon......... looks good to me although i would still be suprised if we splashed out that much on a RB.

Would be delighted if we did sign him tho, would have 3 possible starters for France lol.

In terms of first team players we'll probably only get 3 in. If the talk of the centre-back being a Free is right, I could maybe seeing us paying a bit extra for a player of quality in our weakest position.

?

By my understanding his contract is up this summer but the club retain the right to renew for one more year, so i guess that would involve us paying up based on a year left? I think with the confusion it's being spoken of as a free transfer in some places but would involves us paying a small fee.