NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

How anyone can defend our recruitment policy is beyond me. Oh good, we got this one cheap: we'll finish 16th with no debts.

Quality.

And what would you like?  7th place and debts? 

Fk all wrong with debt as long as its manageable

Guest neesy111

I'm sick of talking about profits, wage structures etc.  I just see no ambition from this club where we should have a good sized transfer budget considering the crowds we pull in and the new tv deal.

Would the extra money on Gomis put us in dent? erm no

How do you know?

The margins are fine and we apparently spent our summer bounty in January, and from our business so far that sounds pretty accurate.

So yes, it easily could.

Edit: The club were probably expecting one of Cabaye, Tiote, HBA or Cisse to leave and get them some funds in.

Debt is fine as long as it's sustainable and not growing too quickly.

TBH I think we're moving into the era where even borrowing won't be enough to get proper success. You'll need infinite wealth in the form of an oligarch or sheik etc.

He wants rid of the club so why would he put money in it or take a loan?

He can make a couple cheap signings and finish 13th or 15th. If in January it looks like we're in relegation battle then he invests. It's a risk worth taking from his point of view. Spend as little as possible to stay in the Premiership.

For us the only thing to do is accept that this is what its going to be until he manages to sell the club. No ambition, nothing to look forward to in mid or long term. Just the next match and the possibility of a win.

Debt in football is acceptable if you're earning bucket loads of revenue to pay it back in doses. Man U, Chelsea are in heaps of it but the banks are quite happy to let them get on with it as they know the money is coming back and with interest.

We are debt free but that's basically it, our revenue is bleak. The money is there, it's just all Ashleys.

What will happen to the likes oh Citeh, Chelski, Man Ure and the rest when these owners decide they had their fun and want out.

Its fine clubs being play toys for the uber rich but owning a club that you love is different to it being a play thing.

If these owners decide they want to be out abs recipe some of their investment then what will be left behind after that.

Debt in football is nothing new and at one time was in no way frowned upon, but when clubs like say Leeds speculated to accumulate and blew it in a big way it started to be looked at more.

If the aim of owning a club is not to have glory then what is ? but once these stupid rich fkers started buying clubs they left the have nots miles behind, there can be calculated risk in spending out of the clubs finances it does not have to lead to huge debts. Ashley is way way way to frugal, its caused a real problem in transfer dealings and really limits our scouting to bargain buys only, we have seen so many good players going to other clubs without breaking the bank.

Swansea got Bony for £12m, we were interested until we seen the fee, I mean its not a crazy buy in footballing terms, how much did we think we could get him for ? Wold £12m spiral us into debt ? I very much doubt it.