Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Same thing applies to Darren Bent but somehow Bent is a massive step down.

Same thing applies to any good finisher, but the difference is Cisse can also score some goals without help (unlike Bent) and is 1 and a half years younger.

Same thing applies to Darren Bent but somehow Bent is a massive step down.

Same thing applies to any good finisher, but the difference is Cisse can also score some goals without help (unlike Bent) and is 1 and a half years younger.

Bent's pace and strength compared to Cisse makes it easier to create chances for him. Swings and roundabouts imo.

I prefer Cisse but that's almost entirely down to the ridiculous goals Cisse can occaisionally score, Bent has strengths over Cisse but there is no need to have both.

If Bent could hold the ball up at all I'd have him like a shot, that's what we need.

Guest bimpy474

Any chance of a 'goals for the upcoming season' prediction poll again?

Along with average offsides per match too.

Cisse is very much a Tony Yeboah-type figure. An instinctive goal scorer who has worked his way up the leagues abroad, scoring at every level before coming to the Premier League. He's capable of spectacular finishing when his confidence is up.

If you look at Yeboah's start to his Leeds career the spectacular stuff didn't come until he'd knocked in a few scrappy goals and gained that belief.  Cisse needs that too. Once he has ground out a few tap-ins in our current side then I'm confident we'll see those 25-yard yolleys again.