Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest firetotheworks

Gouffran gives us a good balance on the wing with his work rate, i'd like to see him stop out there, he's probably unlucky in the sense this is preventing his chances from having a run through the middle but he offers so much defensively that's what is seeing him selected. Cisse is being given more than enough time to turn things around and although his general play on Saturday was much better, he doesn't seem any closer to scoring a goal, confidence in front of goal has completely diminished.

Gouffran shouldn't be starting ahead of Remy or Ben Arfa. If he is starting then it should be ahead of Cisse. Otherwise, if you're just going to have him competing with Remy and Ben Arfa, then he should be on the bench. It goes without saying, really.

13 league games without a goal, is it now a crisis for him?

Very much so. Anyone know what his goal record was for Freiberg prior to the New Year? Is it a case where he comes on stronger as season progresses?

he'd scored 9.

Gouffran gives us a good balance on the wing with his work rate, i'd like to see him stop out there, he's probably unlucky in the sense this is preventing his chances from having a run through the middle but he offers so much defensively that's what is seeing him selected. Cisse is being given more than enough time to turn things around and although his general play on Saturday was much better, he doesn't seem any closer to scoring a goal, confidence in front of goal has completely diminished.

Gouffran shouldn't be starting ahead of Remy or Ben Arfa. If he is starting then it should be ahead of Cisse. Otherwise, if you're just going to have him competing with Remy and Ben Arfa, then he should be on the bench. It goes without saying, really.

Most definitely but i can't see that happening for a while after Saturday's performance, especially with the run of fixtures coming up, think Ben Arfa has a fight on his hands now and is going to need to knuckle down if we wants back in the side.

13 league games without a goal, is it now a crisis for him?

Very much so. Anyone know what his goal record was for Freiberg prior to the New Year? Is it a case where he comes on stronger as season progresses?

he'd scored 9.

Well that doesn't hold any weight if he banged them in for them. Guess it's just a case of us creating as many chances as we can for him but it's only down to himself to get his own confidence back.

Guest firetotheworks

Most definitely but i can't see that happening for a while after Saturday's performance, especially with the run of fixtures coming up, think Ben Arfa has a fight on his hands now and is going to need to knuckle down if we wants back in the side.

He has a fight with Pardew's intelligence, not with Gouffran. Don't get me wrong, I like Gouffran, but there's absolutely no need for Ben Arfa to 'knuckle down' after one match in which everyone bar Remy and Anita were rubbish, and then another match when he was played out of position. Prior to that he'd been wide right and been excellent. Changing that was typical Pardew, fucking moronic.

He's a lot more than just running about and working hard too. I think he's got genuine ability.

All I can see that he lacks is composure. He's got himself into great positions and fluffed it on several occasions. Unfortunately, that's massive for a striker - but aside from that I think he's extremely well-rounded. Pace, movement, tenacity, instinct and a touch of real quality - if that Leeds goal is anything to go by. If he had that composure he would be top, top draw.

Sorry but are you having a laugh or something? "Well-rounded"? He's a poacher, a finisher, and that's it. He can't hold the ball up, he can't bring others into play, he can't worry defences with pace or skill.

If he's banging in goals all over the place then that makes up for the deficiencies in the rest of his game (to some degree) but to call him well-rounded is a joke.

Edit: thought you were talking about Cisse!!! That'll teach me to post after a few beers.  :blush:

It's a shit post even if it was about Cisse. He's not a great target man, but he's not bad at link up play at all. People exaggerate this poacher stuff far too much.

We've hamstrung ourselves for the last 5 years by starting a player out wide who creates very little. You'd think folk would learn. Gouffran should be in the middle or on the bench with everyone fit.

Yep, also Remy is much more suited to the wide role anyway.

Agree, most logical solution. Hatem would need to help out defending again, he went through a phase where although he didn't put the tackle in, he covered very well and tracked back to help out a lot...

He has a fight with Pardew's intelligence, not with Gouffran. Don't get me wrong, I like Gouffran, but there's absolutely no need for Ben Arfa to 'knuckle down' after one match in which everyone bar Remy and Anita were rubbish, and then another match when he was played out of position. Prior to that he'd been wide right and been excellent. Changing that was typical Pardew, f***ing moronic.

:thup:

Agreed.

Guest neesy111

Cisse isn't good enough at anything else to have goal droughts.

This. A million times this.

Cisse has scored 8 goals in 50 Premiership matches.

Nice made up stat that like.

He's been shit much longer than he's been good.

Aye he's running out of excuses now, unlike his manager. Had a fair few good chances so we can't point the finger at others not creating.

Really don't know where this lads head is at, he's got it in him to be a cracking striker.