Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Cisse isn't good enough to take us any higher than we currently are.

He operates solely in the penalty area and misses too many chances to be viable for us

What?

Exactly what I wrote.

He's only good enough for a team fighting relegation

He's forced some decent saves but everything is too central, he doesn't seem to want to hammer them towards the corners anymore.

A sign of a player low on confidence. He's not taking risks, he just wants to get it in target.

Personally I think there's a great striker in there, the poor fucker has been Pardewed.

He operates solely in the penalty area and misses too many chances to be viable for us

What?

Exactly what I wrote.

He looked quite handy the year we finished fifth, like.

And hasn't look anything like that since.

We all watch him and his limitations are pretty clear no?

What?

Exactly what I wrote.

Even if we keep Remy and bring in another, which isn't going to happen, we still need other strikers on out books. And no matter which way anyone wants to paint it Cisse isn't a horrific forward, not by any stretch of the imagination. We need a new manager and we need some new additions to the squad, we don't need to be getting rid of our 2nd best striker, 3rd perhaps if including Gouffran, although that one is obviously highly debatable.

"He's only good enough for a team fighting relegation" is something I'd expect to hear an East Anglian born Barcelona fan to say in a snooker club, it just shows a complete lack of understanding.

What?

Exactly what I wrote.

Even if we keep Remy and bring in another, which isn't going to happen, we still need other strikers on out books. And no matter which way anyone wants to paint it Cisse isn't a horrific forward, not by any stretch of the imagination. We need a new manager and we need some new additions to the squad, we don't need to be getting rid of our 2nd best striker, 3rd perhaps if including Gouffran, although that one is obviously highly debatable.

"He's only good enough for a team fighting relegation" is something I'd expect to hear an East Anglian born Barcelona fan to say in a snooker club, it just shows a complete lack of understanding.

Which lack of understanding is that?

He's a poacher who can't create anything for himself he's weak as piss and also lacks pace.

When he isn't scoring he isn't contributing hence why he isn't good enough to play for us.

How is he not good enough to play for us? Who is good enough to play for us? Are they already on our books or will we have to buy them? How muh will they cost? Will we be better off spending the money on improvements elsewhere? ect

I'm the first to admit that I do like Cisse, I don't think he's a poor forward and even when he's not scoring goals he's decent up top when motivated, which he currently seems to be. He needs to regain some goalscoring form, and without it he's not worth his starting role but I'm really uneasy with fans being willing to just flog him when he's arguably the best striker that we actually own. Bring in a new manager, keep Remy, bring in another forward for him to work alongside and we're still a far better outfit across 3 competitions with Cisse in the squad.

How is he not good enough to play for us? Who is good enough to play for us? Are they already on our books or will we have to buy them? How muh will they cost? Will we be better off spending the money on improvements elsewhere? ect

I'm the first to admit that I do like Cisse, I don't think he's a poor forward and even when he's not scoring goals he's decent up top when motivated, which he currently seems to be. He needs to regain some goalscoring form, and without it he's not worth his starting role but I'm really uneasy with fans being willing to just flog him when he's arguably the best striker that we actually own. Bring in a new manager, keep Remy, bring in another forward for him to work alongside and we're still a far better outfit across 3 competitions with Cisse in the squad.

I'm not advocating we buy any of these players just to be clear but I think they are preferable to Cisse;

Carroll, Benteke, Long, Jelavic, Lambert, Rodriguez etc.

We will probly end up having to keep him due to how poorly our club is ran

But all things being equal I don't personally I don't feel he has the required attributes to take us forward

I'm not advocating we buy any of these players just to be clear but I think they are preferable to Cisse;

But all things being equal I don't personally I don't feel he has the required attributes to take us forward

This argument about "can't create anything for himself" is just irksome. Surely you would want a well-functioning TEAM effort to get the service to the striker(s) whomever they may be. If Cisse was slightly capable of creating something for himself, and scored one or two goals in the last few games, it would just paper over massive gaping cracks (Loic Remy does, and we're still a shit team with him on the pitch).

This argument about "can't create anything for himself" is just irksome. Surely you would want a well-functioning TEAM effort to get the service to the striker(s) whomever they may be. If Cisse was slightly capable of creating something for himself, and scored one or two goals in the last few games, it would just paper over massive gaping cracks (Loic Remy does, and we're still a s*** team with him on the pitch).

The pont is simple he can't do a lot of things.

He can't hold it up well

He can't run in behind

He can't link play well

Its not about him creating chances for himself its about fitting in to a overall structure.

Tactically if you select Cisse you are limiting yourself as you have to make him the focal point of the team and IMO he's not good enough to fill this roll.

This argument about "can't create anything for himself" is just irksome. Surely you would want a well-functioning TEAM effort to get the service to the striker(s) whomever they may be. If Cisse was slightly capable of creating something for himself, and scored one or two goals in the last few games, it would just paper over massive gaping cracks (Loic Remy does, and we're still a s*** team with him on the pitch).

He can't hold it up well

He can't run in behind

He can't link play well

Its not about him creating chances for himself its about fitting in to a overall structure.

Tactically if you select Cisse you are limiting yourself as you have to make him the focal point of the team and IMO he's not good enough to fill this roll.

Cisse in our current shambolic set up doesn't do any of the above things you mention. That is true. But even if he could, it would paper over some massive gaping cracks.

He can't hold it up well

He can't run in behind

He can't link play well

Cisse in our current shambolic set up doesn't do any of the above things you mention. That is true. But even if he could, it would paper over some massive gaping cracks.

Couldn't agree more it would as Remy and Cabaye have done already this season

He can't hold it up well

He can't run in behind

He can't link play well

Agree with this, I've been saying the same for a while now. He's not great at anything, when he's not scoring(his whole time here bar the first 4 months) he's pointless.

I think he can score goals but our team is always set up to stop the other side first...we create very little and most of our goals from forwards like Remy or Ba who can create things themselves.  Cisse Needs service and lots of it.

He isn't a forward who can play right or left, it has to be centre and we have to have a supply to him.  A really stupid purchase for a manager like Pardew who clearly pays no attention to the attacking side of the game.

When we were 3 - 0 down yesterday we still didn't get any support into the box. At times it was literally Cisse versus 5 Man U players in their half of the pitch. The problem for Cisse at the moment is even when he gets a shot away on target the keepers keep pulling off good saves. That must mean he is either very unlucky or he keeps putting his shots too close to the keeper.

When we were 3 - 0 down yesterday we still didn't get any support into the box. At times it was literally Cisse versus 5 Man U players in their half of the pitch. The problem for Cisse at the moment is even when he gets a shot away on target the keepers keep pulling off good saves. That must mean he is either very unlucky or he keeps putting his shots too close to the keeper.

This happens for most of our games, home or away, top team or shite. The lack of bodies in the box if/when a cross comes in is absurd. No midfielder ever breaks past the striker, there's usually one to aim for and at least 4 or 5 opposition players. The lack of movement is staggeringly bad and we must be the easiest team to play against in the league.

No creativity, no invention, no spontaneity just the standard 'keep it away from our half and wait for Remy to pull a rabbit out of the hat or take advantage of a defensive rick'. Pardew's tactics are retarded.

Wouldn't be quite as bad if we were actually tight at the back but we've got one of the worst defences in the league. Can't score/create and can't stop conceding - that's a shocking combination and it's one that Pardew is 100% responsible for - this is his team, he's responsible for results and performances.

His attitude and performances have been decent. Some good efforts on goal and I think when Cabaye comes back from injury he will get better service and start scoring again.

His attitude and performances have been decent. Some good efforts on goal and I think when Cabaye comes back from injury he will get better service and start scoring again.

Cabaye back from injury ???