sunderland

JH

My GCSE C in math that I haven't put to use in 6 years can work out that they've calculated it per month. :lol: 'Tard.

What grade did you get in English? It's fucking maths! :dave:

Why is it plural?

Probably the same reason mathematics is.

My GCSE C in math that I haven't put to use in 6 years can work out that they've calculated it per month. :lol: 'Tard.

Why is it plural?

Mathematics isn't plural, it's a collective noun, so it's singular.

Why is it plural?

http://i.imgur.com/1a0sA.jpg

Suck my bell, bitches. I'm fucking Shakespeare in this bitch.

It's called Mathematics, regardless of whether it's plural.

That's why the yanks get it wrong when they call it Math because Math isn't the singular version of Mathematics.

Ultimately, math(s) is just a abbreviation for mathematics, which means it makes more sense for math to be the chosen abbreviation. In reality, you're abbreviating a word, and it has an s in, therefore you can probably abbreviate it to whatever the heck you want. I might go with MateMats.

It's called Mathematics, regardless of whether it's Plural.

That's why the yanks get it wrong when they call it Math because Math isn't the singular version of Mathematics.

It's an abbreviation, not an attempt to make it singular.

Why is it plural?

'Mathematics' a collective noun?

No. Collective nouns are nouns that refer to a group but are (sometimes) treated as a single unit, like family, committee and team.

Subjects like mathematics, economics, statistics are among the invariable singular nouns that happen to end in '-s'. Another in this subgrooup is news.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In that case you are correct, you can turn it into whatever you want.

However, it's widely accepted in England as "Maths". If in America, which is where i believe the phrase "math" came from, they want to abbreviate it like that then they can suck my balls.

I've never met a human who calls it "Math" by the way ;)

However, it's widely accepted in England as "Maths". If in America, which is where i believe the phrase "math" came from, they want to abbreviate it like that then they can suck my balls.

Mike calls it math. You've basically met Mike.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/322350?

STEVE Bruce is expected to end his managerial exile by taking charge at Hull. The 51-year-old, out of the game since being shown the door by Sunderland six months ago, is set to be named as successor to Nicky Barmby in the next 48 hours.

Barmby was axed for his outspoken comments about the club’s transfer policy – and yesterday failed in his appeal against his sacking.

:drool:

It’s approaching that time of year on RTG, when the mack-tracking reaches its annual climax, and your average RTG Classy has 3 standard responses to any tidbit of NUFC transfer news:

No. 1: the ‘Big name’ signing, aka the ‘Cisse’

Before: “No way he’ll sign for them, aye whatever, third season syndrome".

After: “Whee’s he like? Nivvor heard of him tbh. NETD 9-1 FTM”

No 2: The unsuccessful bid, aka the ‘Gervinho’

Before: “Over-rated tosser, how much?!? Lyon/Munich/Whoever/ saw the mags coming there like".

After: “Stepped aside again mags? Shame like, would’ve been a good signing for them. NETD 9-1 FTM”

No 3: Player leaving: aka the ‘Nolan’

Before: “Lucky/over-rated/shinned it/what does he do exactly?"

After: “Shame like, he was their best player. The exodus starts heeya (Worth a punt?) NET....oh, right. Erm, 9-1 FTM?”

It's American s**** which is slowly creeping in to our language.

Others that really irritate me are counter being used instead of un- as in counter-productive or unproductive, two times instead of twice and marquee signing. I mean wtf is a marquee signing? It has no equivalent in British English. Wankers

Guest Geordiesned

@Masterplan_1978 (AKA Wireside): 3 years ago today Alan Shearer relegated the mags.What a fucking day and night that was. I doubt anything will ever top that day. #safc #FTM

The last line sums him up. His greatest day as a Sunderland supporter didn't even involve his own club.