sunderland

JH

"He's got Passion"

Just on SSN... that seems to be all anyone can say about him... be it Swindon fans, and Mackems alike. No mention of Experience, tactical knowledge, or owt... just 'Passion'.

If 'boyhood Sunderland fan' Martin O'Neill didn't have the passion required to inspire the players, then what makes them think DiCanio will?

You keep saying it makes people feel superior lecturing others etc.. but as far as I can see YOU started the whole argument :lol:

By having a marginally different viewpoint ?

Then the usual suspect piled in, and I defended it.

What would you have done then ? Just agree ?

You haven't in past, have you ?

But it's different when it's me you say ?  :rolleyes:

Second best poem on this page.

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Why are we Geordie's arguing about this? :lol:

PRE-CISELY

Maybe it makes some feel "superior" in some ways to lecture others. In a quite (ahem) fascist manner !

As I said in the beginning. So what ? Let's have fun with the makems over this, not goosestep around pontificating about you aren't allowed to think THAT ! Think as I do or we'll flame you !

And Bimpy474 - you should have had a yo-yo dangling from Adolf's fingers. He's a fantastic Banjo player. Loved entertaining the troops http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr166/PhilK001/hitler_11_zpscba17412.gif

Like I've said a few times, there's nothing personal at all. You haven't argued against any of my points, just tried to belittle my opinion by saying I'm lecturing or trying to feel superior. It's a forum for conversation and debate. If I was looking to inflate my ego, I wouldn't openly engage in conversation where my opinions are so open to scrutiny.

You have the option to disagree with me, but have chosen to refer to me in replies to other people and belittle my opinion rather than respond to it directly. It's bad form.

Guest Haris Vuckic

You keep saying it makes people feel superior lecturing others etc.. but as far as I can see YOU started the whole argument :lol:

By having a marginally different viewpoint ?

Then the usual suspect piled in, and I defended it.

What would you have done then ? Just agree ?

You haven't in past, have you ?

But it's different when it's me you say ?  :rolleyes:

Second best poem on this page.

Beat poetry.

For men who've been beat.

Guest bimpy474

He was doing a Nazi salute - what kind of fascism do people think he's referring to?

It wasnt a Nazi salute, you have to sniff your fingers for that.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01504/salute_1504842c.jpg

The Nazi's used that but it came well before the Nazi's came to be. That's my only accurate knowledge on this subject.

I'm sure the Jewish fans he was doing it to feel that way...

Personally i think facism is abhorrent but i was just pointing out you were technically wrong, as the salute started out not as a Nazi salute.

Anyway Sunderland eh hahaha :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I know everyone wants to get back onto Sunderland and it's a football thread on a football forum, but I do think it's a sad day when the main concern for some people is to use the fascism as a stick to beat a rival football team with, yet have no personal concern for it outside of that. Even when it's publicly on our doorstep. I'm not particularly political and I love football, but it still irks me.

Guest Haris Vuckic

He was doing a Nazi salute - what kind of fascism do people think he's referring to?

It wasnt a Nazi salute, you have to sniff your fingers for that.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01504/salute_1504842c.jpg

The Nazi's used that but it came well before the Nazi's came to be. That's my only accurate knowledge on this subject.

I'm sure the Jewish fans he was doing it to feel that way...

Personally i think facism is abhorrent but i was just pointing out you were technically wrong, as the salute started out not as a Nazi salute.

Anyway Sunderland eh hahaha :lol:

Haha Sunlaan! Soonlan! :lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

I know everyone wants to get back onto Sunderland and it's a football thread on a football forum, but I do think it's a sad day when the main concern for some people is to use the fascism as a stick to beat a rival football team with, yet have no personal care for it outside of that. I'm not particularly political and I love football, but it still irks me.

Yeh people don't generally get offended by fascist groups like the BNP, UKIP & the EDL. People are fine with that.

GET OUT.

Guest Phil K

As I You have the option to disagree with me, but have chosen to refer to me in replies to other people and belittle my opinion rather than respond to it directly. It's bad form.

Actually, I have avoided having a go at you for any of your posts, as its YOUR opinion and nothing to do with me. (Not noticed ?)

Doesn't seem to be your attitude. You didn't even see the point I was making, others have had the same view, and have not get the usual flaming from the usual types.

Whats wrong with just disagreeing ?

Guest firetotheworks

I know everyone wants to get back onto Sunderland and it's a football thread on a football forum, but I do think it's a sad day when the main concern for some people is to use the fascism as a stick to beat a rival football team with, yet have no personal care for it outside of that. I'm not particularly political and I love football, but it still irks me.

Yeh people don't generally get offended by fascist groups like the BNP, UKIP & the EDL. People are fine with that.

GET OUT.

Not more than football. That was my point, if you read it.

Guest Phil K

Never knew Adolf played the banjo, not exactly George Formby like.

He had the lads dancing in step though, didn't he ?

Guest Haris Vuckic

GET OUT.

I'm fairly sure you were implying people don't care for fascism outside of football.

Err pretty wrong...

I know everyone wants to get back onto Sunderland and it's a football thread on a football forum, but I do think it's a sad day when the main concern for some people is to use the fascism as a stick to beat a rival football team with, yet have no personal concern for it outside of that. Even when it's publicly on our doorstep. I'm not particularly political and I love football, but it still irks me.

I hate fascism but can still understand why people have the attitude you've mentioned because of the way the mackems have gone on about being class.

Don't think a new manager will make that much difference to their chances of staying up to be honest - they still have the significant handicap of most of their players being utter shite.

Guest firetotheworks

As I You have the option to disagree with me, but have chosen to refer to me in replies to other people and belittle my opinion rather than respond to it directly. It's bad form.

Actually, I have avoided having a go at you for any of your posts, as its YOUR opinion and nothing to do with me. (Not noticed ?)

Doesn't seem to be your attitude. You didn't even see the point I was making, others have had the same view, and have not get the usual flaming from the usual types.

Honestly, I give up. You're like trying to figure out an M.C Escher painting.

Guest firetotheworks

GET OUT.

I'm fairly sure you were implying people don't care for fascism outside of football.

Err pretty wrong...

No. Read the highlighted bit.

Guest firetotheworks

Facism doesn't come up regularly in everday life, though. A bit silly to condemn us for not actively engaging in anti-fascist activities.

I think everyone has thought that I mean everyone.

Honestly, I give up. You're like trying to figure out an M.C Escher painting.

Phil K's had a 'mare in here. I think he needs to go and lie down in a dark room.