Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

all the flights seem to have gone up astronomoically over night, anyone know of any cheap ones?

Fly to Faro.  3 hour train from there.

Guest insanzada

all the flights seem to have gone up astronomoically over night, anyone know of any cheap ones?

wich airport?

Another Benfica fan here. I wish you all the best in Premier League but I hope we'll win in Europa League !

When Benfica lost 4-1 to Liverpool I got so pissed that no one in my house had dinner, no one, and we all went to bed in our outdoor clothes.

When Benfica lost to Braga I felt like shaving my balls.

If Benfica doesn't win this year, I guess I will drink 3 ltrs of vodka in a row or something like that.

:lol:

Fly to Faro.  3 hour train from there.

wich airport?

Faro seems like the best option now, was going to go manchester - lisbon but the cheapest skyscanner comes up with now for the wednesday - saturday direct is £394, while leeds- faro is £151.

Guest Nick Valensi

If you come to Lisbon don't go to colombo... Otherwise paulo parreira will give you a brand new teeth plaque :bluf:

Would love to back to Lisbon, I went over when we lost to Sporting and despite the result had a great couple of days.

Did the tour of Estadio da Luz, would be great to see us play there.

Don't know if it's been posted, but one of the chaps on their forum made a prediction:

Chelsea - Rubin (Rubin believe can make a surprise, despite Chelsea being the favorite)

Tottenham - Basel (Tottenham passes without bones)

Fenerbahçe - Lazio (round and balanced camera)

Benfica - Newcastle (seems to me that we are favorites but beware ...)

Gotta love Google translate  :iamatwat:

Guest The Legendary Tiger Man

If Jotenko threatens to drink his own p*ss, we might have a clue ;D

Don't tease him or he'll put up a live broadcast of him doing such thing  :idiot2:

Would love to back to Lisbon, I went over when we lost to Sporting and despite the result had a great couple of days.

Do it

Guest rdr10

Today at the airport I was checking the prices for you guys, the best option now (if you still don't have the ticket) is to go to Faro. The train only costs 28€ so you could save a lot for beer and food !

Today at the airport I was checking the prices for you guys, the best option now (if you still don't have the ticket) is to go to Faro. The train only costs 28€ so you could save a lot for beer and food !

That's how I'm going. Drive down to Derby. East Midlands Airport to Faro, then the train up to Lisbon.

About 230 Euros for the whole journey.  :D

Guest aimar10

Did you enjoy visiting our stadium? If you get the chance come to the 1st leg, it's likely it won't be full because of our economic situation, but still it's always a beautiful sight in game days.

A curiosity some of you may not know... besides it's official name, Estádio da Luz (Stadium of Light), the supporters often refer to it as Cathedral in reference to the way we live our games and our team, the whole atmosphere is like having a religious experience, so to speak, as for us Benfica is our religion  :D

Guest rdr10

That's how I'm going. Drive down to Derby. East Midlands Airport to Faro, then the train up to Lisbon.

About 230 Euros for the whole journey.  :D

You should stay 1\2 days in Faro, I don't know you have been there but it'sa paradise for English people  :D

Guest rdr10

Paradise for english people? Whatever do you mean?

You know that they wanted to change the name to Allgarve(All garve)  ;D You can go there any time of the year and I bet that you'll hear more english than portuguese!

In the late '90s I lived in Lisbon for the best part of a year, putting together a guide book. I really like the city and the people, and the mayor gave me an award for my book. When it came to football, though, I favoured Sporting. It's partly because all the foreigners and expats I met seemed to go for Benfica, so I wanted to be contrary, partly because Benfica play in red and white, and I generally don't like teams who play in red and white, and partly because the first Sporting match I went to was really funny -- it was against Porto, whose manager had just insulted Sporting's honour by declaring that they were the worst Sporting team ever, and Sporting tonked them.

That said, I went to as many Benfica games, although they were crap at the time (Souness era), and I was always treated well there. I was even introduced to the guy who looks after the eagle, or did then, standing by the Eusebio statue.

I was planning to visit Lisbon in May, to accompany some friends and visit some others and wander about a bit. Might have to move my trip forward now.

Guest insanzada

In the late '90s I lived in Lisbon for the best part of a year, putting together a guide book. I really like the city and the people, and the mayor gave me an award for my book. When it came to football, though, I favoured Sporting. It's partly because all the foreigners and expats I met seemed to go for Benfica, so I wanted to be contrary, partly because Benfica play in red and white, and I generally don't like teams who play in red and white, and partly because the first Sporting match I went to was really funny -- it was against Porto, whose manager had just insulted Sporting's honour by declaring that they were the worst Sporting team ever, and Sporting tonked them.

That said, I went to as many Benfica games, although they were crap at the time (Souness era), and I was always treated well there. I was even introduced to the guy who looks after the eagle, or did then, standing by the Eusebio statue.

I was planning to visit Lisbon in May, to accompany some friends and visit some others and wander about a bit. Might have to move my trip forward now.

Congrats you're the first person in this forum that I don't like  ;D

http://24.media.tumblr.com/2254ed0a8b18ac2dd61d7ed9cd0e12aa/tumblr_mjoqchxLIy1rjdfzto1_400.gif