Blackburn 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/02/12 - post-match reaction from page 64

Dave

Got lucky imo, very poor between the two goals. Having said that, we had half of our first-choice outfield players out, and still got an away Premier League win. Credit where it's due.

We had 4 players out who have played regularly so far.

Got lucky imo, very poor between the two goals. Having said that, we had half of our first-choice outfield players out, and still got an away Premier League win. Credit where it's due.

So you reckon Ameobi & Best are ahead of Cisse in the pecking order?

All 4 pretty bloody important though. If you just took RVP out of Arsenal they would struggle big time imo.

So you reckon Ameobi & Best are ahead of Cisse in the pecking order?

cisse hasn't played regularly.

All 4 pretty bloody important though. If you just took RVP out of Arsenal they would struggle big time imo.

Cabaye, Tiote and Ba are big misses, Taylor less so.

Taylor was brilliant before his injury tbf to the lad. Also adds something Colo and Williamson lack.

Cisse hasn't been first choice yet, I know that's slightly pedantic but we weren't missing half of our first choice outfield players tonight.

Cisse hasn't been first choice yet, I know that's slightly pedantic but we weren't missing half of our first choice outfield players tonight.

Might as well say Djibril Cisse wasn't ahead of Bothroyd, or Taiwo ahead of Clint Hill in the QPR pecking order. Pedantic to say the least. :lol:

Taylor was brilliant before his injury tbf to the lad. Also adds something Colo and Williamson lack.

We haven't missed Taylor too much, I agree that his form this season would make him currently an upgrade on Williamson.

Cabaye, Tiote and Ba are big misses, Taylor less so.

I for one think that is completely wrong. Williamsons agility is terrible, players twist and turn him all the time. Neither does he have the strength to handle bigger players either. Modeste was all over him today. My bet is steven would have won 90% of the battles with him today with the form he was in before his injury.

We haven't missed Taylor too much, I agree that his form this season would make him currently an upgrade on Williamson.

Agree here mind although Williamson is a more than capable back up. 4 in 6 clean-sheets since he's been back.

I for one think that is completely wrong. Williamsons agility is terrible, players twist and turn him all the time. Neither does he have the strength to handle bigger players either. Modeste was all over him today. My bet is steven would have won 90% of the battles with him today with the form he was in before his injury.

Steve Taylor could have won everything at the back tonight and still wouldn't have made a difference to the outcome of the game.

I don't see how it can be claimed that Cisse is first choice, the same as Santon wasn't until recently.

Ok then, 5 of our best 10 outfield players. Better? ;)

:lol:

I would probably agree with that.

Steve Taylor could have won everything at the back tonight and still wouldn't have made a difference to the outcome of the game.

Does that also mean we didn't miss Tiote?  Just because we won anyway doesn't mean we didn't miss a player who could have made it a much more comfortable game for us.

We've definitely missed Taylor, Norwich and West Brom especially, two games I don't think we'd have lost if Taylor had stayed fit.  Williamson coming back means we haven't missed him as much in other games of course, though I think Fulham is one of the exceptions, we missed him big time in that game IMO.

Really getting sick and tired of the liberal use of 'mong' in these threads.

Sorry, and I can well believe I'm just showing my age here, but at what point did this become a vaguely amusing or in any way acceptable term to refer to someone?