Another Chelsea ex

Nobby

Babayaro, Parker, Duff, Bridge, SWP, Diarra...

Marseille and Newcastle are reportedly interested in landing the services of Chelsea's defensive midfielder Lassana Diarra.

The French Under-21 international is rated highly, but he is struggling to make the breakthrough at Stamford Bridge.

Marseille director of sport Jose Anigo is reported to have met with the player's agent and proposed a move for Diarra in the January transfer window could materialise.

Chelsea could allow the player to go on loan until the end of the season in order to gain regular first team football.

Marseille are said to be favourites to snap up Diarra but they face stiff competition not only from Premiership outfit Newcastle but also from Lille.

Meanwhile, Marseille coach Albert Emon has been impressed by DC United's Brian Carroll, who has been on trial with the club since Sunday.

Emon is currently searching for a defensive midfielder to replace the recently departed Sabri Lamouchi.

"He has technical skills, seems comfortable and understands well what I ask him to do," Emon told the club's website.

"This player has been recommended to us and has attracted interest already from a number of clubs.

"We are going to take our time to decide and watch his game.

"We will decide after 10 days."

Injured striker Djibril Cisse took part in a match for the first time this season during a Marseille training session on Tuesday.

However, Emon confirmed he will not resume playing for several weeks.

"We will continue to follow the deadline we set. I will ask him what he felt," the coach said.

"We will see how things will evolve during the next few training sessions."

Cisse will meet with a doctor in December to assess his progress.

Diarra is a good prospect, in fact he is a clone of Makalele, but quite simply, we have no need for him. We have Parker & Butt who can play the same role, so getting Diarra in would be just like bringing in Rossi, a player that isnt going to feature. The priority must be defenders.

Guest jackmisfit

I'd rather that they signed a few more Sibierski type role players to fill out the squad a bit. Team oriented, hard working, inexpensive players. Instead of dropping all of the transfer money on 1 or 2 players, get a handful of decent ones.

:lol:

I'd take him (Diarra), I think we could do with a bit more athletisism in the middle, Butt is decent but is a tad immobile due to his years, Parker spends a good percentage on his arse or out of position and Emre simply isn't that sort of player.

As long as he doesn't cost too much mind. :thup:

But Diarra...? Isn't he a centre-midfielder? Why? Just why???

To add depth to the squad. We only really have 3 true central midfielders Emre, Parker and Butt and although the wingers can be used as cover it's always good to have cover.

Geremi would be a great buy in January if Milner goes... especially with our need for a right-back aswell.

But Diarra...? Isn't he a centre-midfielder? Why? Just why???

Because Parker isn't really a defensive-midfielder and Butt is getting on.

Guest geordie01

diarra -- IN

parker -- OUT

might same hasty but diarra (defensive midfilder) would work along side emre or dyer faaaar better than parker imo

diarra -- IN

parker -- OUT

might same hasty but diarra (defensive midfilder) would work along side emre or dyer faaaar better than parker imo

Can't for the life of me see why people want Parker gone. People say Butt balances Emre better but my opinion is that Emre could well leave this coming summer and with Butt getting on imagine he will be moved on as well.

Pretty sure he's mates with N'Zogbia as well. Is this the lad they got from Le Havre too?

Yep...

From the Chelsea site:

Date of Birth: 10/03/1985

Height: 5' 8" (173cm)

Weight: 10st 10lbs (68.0kg)

Spotted by former Chelsea scout Gwyn Williams playing in an Under 20 international tournament, Lassana was offered a Chelsea trial and impressed sufficiently to become the quiet £1 million addition to the squad in the summer of 2005.

The Paris-born 20 year-old was signed from French second division club Le Havre where he had been named their Young Player of the Year in 2004.

Guest Village Idiot

Yes, that's probably why he has started all games at RB in front of Ferreira and Bowlofrice lately.

Though Ferreira had left? :S

No, not playing much, but still there.