Players leaving in the Summer

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I've convinced myself Tiote is nailed on to leave.

The fact he has 5 years on his contract gives me hope. Plus if he does leave it will be a lot of money 25 mil at least he'll leave for so that can be used to good effect with our expert scout.

I'm not sure Spurs do need a keeper.

Up to Brad Freidel I guess

They certainly could do with a better third choice because they one they lend to Shamrock Rovers is awful. Lost 5-1 to our local rivals fiday night we did and he was at fault for at least 3 goals. I got to know a sample of how the mackems felt on that glorious day in 2010.

i'd let williamson go for a decent price, we should be bringing in a good CB so that'd be new guy, colo, saylor and perch looking the part for 4th choice

if we could make a bit of profit from willi's strong showing at the end of the season i'd be tempted to cash in like, be a shame for the lad mind

i'd let williamson go for a decent price, we should be bringing in a good CB so that'd be new guy, colo, saylor and perch looking the part for 4th choice

if we could make a bit of profit from willi's strong showing at the end of the season i'd be tempted to cash in like, be a shame for the lad mind

We wouldn't get enough for him to make it worthwhile imo.

Guest VaVaVoom

I think the two most likely are Ba and Tiote.

Should we qualify for europe however i dont see any key players wanting to leave nor would we want to sell anything other than "stupid money" i.e £30mil for Tiote.

Smith, Guthrie and Lovenkrands will leave on free's. I'd let Simpson go and release Ranger and thats about it.

Players like Perch, Williamson, Gosling, Raylor, Shola and Best will be good squad players.

I think if there was any real concern about a low release clause for Ba we would have been negotiating a new contract by now.

As far as I am aware there haven't been any talks of a new contract and despite us being hush hush about transfers contract negotiations are regularly reported on.

I would not be surprised if the days of the stupidly big transfer fee and salaries are no more.

We may be able to keep some of our players as long as Ashley isnt tempted to sell too cheaply. I wouldnt put it past him though.

I would not be surprised if the days of the stupidly big transfer fee and salaries are no more.

We may be able to keep some of our players as long as Ashley isnt tempted to sell too cheaply. I wouldnt put it past him though.

You wouldn't put it past Ashley to sell players too cheaply?

MIKE Ashley?

I've got it my head that it depends entirely on Europe. He has absolutely no reason to leave as things stand - he's on a long, fat, juicy contract - he's in the eleven every week - he's at a terrific club who are playing incredibly well - he's still a regular in his national side. With Europe on top of that, he'd be greedy to want more.

Guest VaVaVoom

I've got it my head that it depends entirely on Europe. He has absolutely no reason to leave as things stand - he's on a long, fat, juicy contract - he's in the eleven every week - he's at a terrific club who are playing incredibly well - he's still a regular in his national side. With Europe on top of that, he'd be greedy to want more.

Spot on but would he turn down 100k a week at somewhere like Chelsea or Man City? Both teams have fellow Ivorians there too.

As I don't believe the big money is out there so much now, lets see how the Ashley lovers respond when he starts selling players anyway.

Why is he going to start selling players for the sake of it? :lol:

Why did he bothered signing Cisse in January or give Colo such a long contract?

Guest VaVaVoom

As I don't believe the big money is out there so much now, lets see how the Ashley lovers respond when he starts selling players anyway.

Fwiw i think FMA has turned a corner and is enjoying owning us now.

Guest dogbeak

aye i can't wait me like

That's exactly what fans were saying just a couple of weeks before Hughton was sacked and there was outrage on tyneside. You just never know with Mike Ashley every time he "turns a corner" he does something controversial.

Guest VaVaVoom

That's exactly what fans were saying just a couple of weeks before Hughton was sacked and there was outrage on tyneside. You just never know with Mike Ashley every time he "turns a corner" he does something controversial.

I know what your saying but we werent in this situation with Hughton, not even close, not even a thought of europe.

We have come on a LONG way since then mate. On the pitch and financially.

I agree he has a knack of doing something controversial but more often than not it has done us good. Stadium naming is the one massive wrong-doing in the last couple of years.

• 1 month later...

Following on from Pardew's BBC Radio Newcastle interview it now looks highly likely that Guthrie is leaving and probably Simpson too.

Based on that: -

Alan Smith - Contract ending and definitely leaving.

Peter Lovenkrands - Contract ending and extremely unlikely to be offered a new contract.

Leon Best - One year to go on current contract and rumoured that he will be sold.

Danny Guthrie - Contract ending. Rumoured to have been offered a new contract but wants first team football. Highly likely he'll leave.

Danny Simpson - One year to go on current contract. Has been offered a new contract but hasn't signed it. Likely to be sold.

Nile Ranger - Likely to be sold.

Fraser Forster - Stalling on signing full time with Celtic. Likely to be sold or loaned out again as he wants first team football.

Steve Harper - One year to go on contract. Has had injury problems this season. Doing his coaching badges.

Xisco - One year to go on contract. Likely to be loaned out again as no other club would pay the wages he's supposedly on.

This list obviously doesn't include any 'shock' sales of our top players.

Following on from Pardew's BBC Radio Newcastle interview it now looks highly likely that Guthrie is leaving and probably Simpson too.

Peter Lovenkrands - Contract ending and extremely unlikely to be offered a new contract.

Leon Best - One year to go on current contract and rumoured that he will be sold.

Danny Guthrie - Contract ending. Rumoured to have been offered a new contract but wants first team football. Highly likely he'll leave.

Danny Simpson - One year to go on current contract. Has been offered a new contract but hasn't signed it. Likely to be sold.

Fraser Forster - Stalling on signing full time with Celtic. Likely to be sold or loaned out again as he wants first team football.

Steve Harper - One year to go on contract. Has had injury problems this season. Doing his coaching badges.

Xisco - One year to go on contract. Likely to be loaned out again as no other club would pay the wages he's supposedly on.

Fuck me, he just needs to go away.

Imagine the amount of our wage budget that would be freed up by those players leaving.

Harper wil be on a decent wage, Xisco and Smith are on mega wages, probably 100k per week between them two.

Losing Smith and Xisco (if he managed to go) would probably pay for 3-4 squad players.

Out of our starting 11, I can only see Simpson and Ba leaving. Still a great chance Ba will stay though, but can't see anyone else wanting to leave. Tiote/Cabaye to Man United is the only one I can see making sense since their midfield is weak, but just can't see it happening.