Newcastle United 1 - 0 Norwich - 18/3/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

He went over and acknowledged it at the end of the game. First time I've seen it, actually.

Saw a big NUFC flag with "Italian Magpies" on it at the mackem game, not surprisingly with a lot of Italian people surrounding it. Possibly the same bunch ?

Never heard a peep out of the Norwich fans. Decent numbers but quiet as anything we've hosted in recent years.

I could hear them loud and clear a lot near the halfway line of Level 7 Milburn for most of the game.

They actually gave ironic cheers when the level 7 student corner belted out a song at one point and am sure they were singing something about our famous atmosphere as well.

"We'll sing on our own, we'll sing on our own, we're Norwich City, we'll sing on our own".

"Where's your famous atmosphere?"

"We forgot that you were here".

Etc, etc.

Didn't hear them sing about their team once.

Same craic as every set of supporters that come to SJP.

that was what i used to like about being up in level 7 last season...it was constantly singing, opposition sang so we sang louder (seemed that way from up there anyway) ..... shame everyone got kicked out because i'm pretty sure it kept their fans quiet

enjoyed being up there for the man u game doing the poznan :lol: chanting 'duh duh duhhh duh! yaya toure!' .... the look on their faces and lack of response was classic :D

I used to think we made a lot of noise up in Level 7, however, having moved to the corner this year I would imagine we didn't sound that impressive to the rest of the ground. I can honestly say I barely heard anything come from either set of fans in level 7 on Sunday and haven't really all season.