Newcastle United 1 - 0 Norwich - 18/3/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

As a performance, it was slightly better than our 1-0 win over QPR. We started excellently and looked lively but we slowed the tempo down and that helped them massively. Despite our lacklustre performance in the Second Half, we were only really troubled when Krul had to pull off the quick pair of saves. Felt Jonas was excellent, Cabaye looked better going forward and Perch did a decent job in the holding role.

Up front Cisse was excellent, and would have had a hat-rick if not for Ruddy. Ba had a quieter game but linked play well at times. The back four had the odd the shaky moment but were solid overall. Ben Arfa had his moments but the changes Pardew made worked as we looked a lot more composed when Santon and Shola came on.

Overall we were far from out best, but it was three points and a clean sheet. Can't ask for more, especially when we could have been 3 or 4 up by Half Time if not for the Keeper.

Wouldn't mind seeing the formation we deployed used again. While Perch had a good game it would certainly work better with Tiote in there as again we appeared to lose too many 50/50s, though Guthrie was slightly more culpable than Perch or Cabaye in that respect.

Guest neesy111

Krul 8

Simpson 7

Wilo 7

Colo 8

Jonas 8

Ben Arfa 7

Guthrie 7

Perch 9

Cabaye 8

Ba 7

Cisse 8

Santon 7

Gosling 7

Ameobi 8

Hilarious ratings, starting to think you're a complete and utter WUM.

Did you consider that I watched the game detached from the comically negative atmosphere on this board?  Most level headed football fans would say that all of our players played well today.  Not one had a bad game.

:spit:

Is that you Alan?

Guest neesy111

Krul 8

Simpson 7

Wilo 7

Colo 8

Jonas 8

Ben Arfa 7

Guthrie 7

Perch 9

Cabaye 8

Ba 7

Cisse 8

Santon 7

Gosling 7

Ameobi 8

Did you consider that I watched the game detached from the comically negative atmosphere on this board?  Most level headed football fans would say that all of our players played well today.  Not one had a bad game.

Funny you should say that since I've been sat chatting to 4 or 5 mates on Facebook who were at the game and have no connection to this board.  They'd think you were a fucking fruitloop or a bad WUM.

If anyone thought that was good football from us who were SJP then I would seriously like to meet them and then check them in at the local mental hospital.

Krul 8

Simpson 7

Wilo 7

Colo 8

Jonas 8

Ben Arfa 7

Guthrie 7

Perch 9

Cabaye 8

Ba 7

Cisse 8

Santon 7

Gosling 7

Ameobi 8

Funny you should say that since I've been sat chatting to 4 or 5 mates on Facebook who were at the game and have no connection to this board.  They'd think you were a f***ing fruitloop or a bad WUM.

So this negative attitude extends to fans at the ground?  A real shame this.

Guest neesy111

Perch won most of his tackles, if I remember the stats correctly.  Guthrie and Cabaye put in a few uncharacteristically sloppy passes, but I think it was the unfamiliar formation.

Perch won just about everything from what I recall, was getting stuck in as well. Fair play to the lad.

Here's my take.

I think we tried to play carpet football for a period today. But Norwich's pressing game put us under pressure after we took the lead. There were a lot of triangles happening in tight spaces, but Norwich got in Guthrie and especially Cabaye's face and got a lot of joy. This is the kind of game we should be looking for Cabaye to dictate but lately he seems to be struggling with the intensity of the games. I'd rest him if we had any other viable option. As our midfield ceded more and more possession and territory we went longer and longer. I was delighted to see Ameobi which says it all.

Having two guys at the back who treat the ball like a grenade is killing us as well.

Also, Norwich are not a bad side and we are not as far ahead of them squad-wise as we'd like to think.

Its very easy to blame everything on Pardew but I think our players look knackered an low on confidence at the moment.

Yeah, that's a good summary. Absurdly, for a team in sixth place, we lack confidence. Norwich's pressing game was miles better than ours, and they were more assured in possession too.

I liked the 4-3-3 formation, but there wasn't enough movement there and the midfield lost touch with the attack. I'm still not convinced about Ba in deeper positions.

I'm not sure if it's already been covered, but who else noticed the horrific grammatical error on the electronic advertising hoardings during the minutes applause for Muamba?

Me. :hmm:

NUFC are a shambles sometimes. The Muamba support on the electronic boards said 'your' instead of 'you're' :facepalm:

Along the lines of 'Your in our thoughts'.

I couldn't f***ing believe that :facepalm:

Thought of Dave straight away :lol:

:lol:

Guest neesy111

Ameobi :clap:

Wish the crowd would get off his back. Morons.

Eh, crowd was very supportive of him when he came on.

Krul 8

Simpson 7

Wilo 7

Colo 8

Jonas 8

Ben Arfa 7

Guthrie 7

Perch 9

Cabaye 8

Ba 7

Cisse 8

Santon 7

Gosling 7

Ameobi 8

Funny you should say that since I've been sat chatting to 4 or 5 mates on Facebook who were at the game and have no connection to this board.  They'd think you were a f***ing fruitloop or a bad WUM.

:lol: You're getting no more from me.

Krul 8

Simpson 7

Wilo 7

Colo 8

Jonas 8

Ben Arfa 7

Guthrie 7

Perch 9

Cabaye 8

Ba 7

Cisse 8

Santon 7

Gosling 7

Ameobi 8

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g262/everwi/chaostanseriouseao3.jpg

Are we incapable of playing more than 45mins? Thanks to Krul we won in the end, or it was another Wolves result.

Thought several players but in sub-par performances, with Cabaye again amongst them. Still, 3pts is 3pts, hope we follow it up now, as the next 2 games are massive for us.

Guest neesy111

Krul 8

Simpson 7

Wilo 7

Colo 8

Jonas 8

Ben Arfa 7

Guthrie 7

Perch 9

Cabaye 8

Ba 7

Cisse 8

Santon 7

Gosling 7

Ameobi 8

You'd be arguing with most of the 47k there today if the feeling at the back of the gallowgate was the same across the ground.

The fact that the atmosphere was that of a morgue today tells it own story about what happened on the pitch.

Perch had a very good game by his standards today. Stood out in midfield and looks more of a natural there than in defense. Gutted for Ba having that chance saved in the first half as well. Guthrie kind of lost it in the last 10 minutes or so and needs to be more careful.

Guest neesy111

Despite the result, everyone seemed pretty deflated at the end.

Well the football on the pitch wasn't inspiring stuff :lol: