West Brom 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 03/25/12 - Post match reaction from page 46

Mike

I should explain what i meant.........

IMO Messi is the player he is today because of the La Masia footballing upbringing and having such a fantastic enviroment to support his talents from a very very young age.

It's not the talent that makes him the best its the talent combined with Workrate, decision marking, great attitude and understanding from coaches at La Masia learning from the best at a young age and all i mentioned above......

On a pure technical level i dont think he's leagues above everyone else and i include Ben Arfa in this its all these key things combined together that makes him the player he is.

When i said not half the player i meant without La Masia and the upbringing it gave him he wouldnt be half the player he is, not half the Ben Arfa is iam not that stupid :lol:

I completely disagree here, his technical ability is what makes him the best in the world by a considerable distance.

La Masia is also a mute point, unless you believe technical ability is purely nature as opposed to a mix of nature and nurture, which I don't

Guest Tyson

Methodical performance where we looked in control of the game, at least until Collo's forced departure - where we lost the back-4's organiser & chief ball-player. The realistic supporter isn't expecting champagne attacking football, akin to what Barca and Arsenal consistently deliver. The level of ball-playing & instinctive attacking talent, from goal-to-goal, isn't available to make that sort of dream a reality. We certainly have enough ball-players to suggest that we can play a more refined pass & move game for much longer periods, than previously seen amidst Pardew's mostly seen hoof-and-hope gameplan. Hopefully this was a sign of him finally adapting to the tools available to him, and not a false dawn. 

A very nice preview of what Ba, Cisse and HBA (the latter when given license to roam inside) offer as an attacking unit. It's up to Pardew to digest what was shown on Sunday. And when Obertan is available again i bloody well hope there isn't a re-emergence of the attacking status quo seen for most of the season, with alot favour & faith formerly handed to Obertan (with HBA mostly used as an impact sub). Hoping this time, that Obertan has permanently lost his spot in the pecking order.

Been away, so only just seen a recording.

Cabaye seemed to be playing further forward, which gave us a better shape and helped us to hit the opposition on the break. It's a long while since we've had that weapon in our armoury and it was great to see.

Ben Arfa looks more at home in English football with each game. When he gets the ball in the right situation, it's a question of damage limitation for his opponents. His judgement is still at fault but the benefits of the risks that he takes in possession are now far outweighing the costs.

Overall though, I didn't think our performance quite matched up to the post-match media hype, and we shouldn't get carried away. We had the class in the final third to make the difference, but we still don't look as comfortable in possession as I'd like. All very promising though.

I should explain what i meant.........

IMO Messi is the player he is today because of the La Masia footballing upbringing and having such a fantastic enviroment to support his talents from a very very young age.

It's not the talent that makes him the best its the talent combined with Workrate, decision marking, great attitude and understanding from coaches at La Masia learning from the best at a young age and all i mentioned above......

On a pure technical level i dont think he's leagues above everyone else and i include Ben Arfa in this its all these key things combined together that makes him the player he is.

When i said not half the player i meant without La Masia and the upbringing it gave him he wouldnt be half the player he is, not half the Ben Arfa is iam not that stupid :lol:

I completely disagree here, his technical ability is what makes him the best in the world by a considerable distance.

La Masia is also a mute point, unless you believe technical ability is purely nature as opposed to a mix of nature and nurture, which I don't

I agree with mole, some players have great technical ability, great skill, some have great work rate ect, but what makes Messi a step above is that he has everything.  Messi is legion and Ben Arfa's the skill/flair/acceleration part of him without the rest :lol: