Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

we can live without a new RB, as we've got perch, Simpson, raylor and santon who could play there.

:anguish:

Yes, not an appetizing bunch indeed. But I'm just saying that, on paper, our RB position seems to be the best covered if we get hit with injury or suspension there. Better there than in the CB or forward positions imo.

I think this deal's still in with a shout, Debuchy seemed really set on going and it shows with those quotes. If not, the fallback seems to be Anita with Santon moving to RB.

Guest Tyson

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

Debuchy deal seems to have fallen by the Tyne Side now! My spotters at Newc Int Airport have been alerted, but they remain on standby just in case the transfer is resurrected. #The Chronicle reeders will be thirst to know!

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

Debuchy deal seems to have fallen by the Tyne Side now! My spotters at Newc Int Airport have been alerted, but they remain on standby just in case the transfer is resurrected. #The Chronicle reeders will be thirst to know!

He's jinxed this like.

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

Worse than NUFCFans imo.

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan

#debuchy in l'equipe: "one day they won't let me go as they've not found my replacement, the next because they say #nufc offer insufficient"

#debuchy: "i spoke to Yohan and saw his season. I've the opportunity to play in the best league in the world."

#debuchy #nufc #losc: "i still want to move and have a new experience. I want to speak with the president to make things clear."

Just hope it can be sorted out soon. I am pretty sure we will get this over the line during this window.

We need to sit down with Lille, and have some constructive negotiations.

I understand Lille, they want to maximize the profit, and i understand NUFC wanting to get the best deal as possible.

But its best for all parties, including Debuchy to have a on going dialog.

We are obviously pretty close in valuation as things stands now, with a little goodwill, i am sure am sure a agreement will be reached, that both parties is content with.

But i am afraid it will take some time.

Two pretty stubborn sides in this  :lol:

Many English based journalists says we were very confident of getting him. Might have just tried another really low bid to see if we could spark something like this. Very unlikely that we'll give this up.

You never know with Mike and Dekka though, no room for sentiment, ever.

He'll still sign. It's just Lilles bargaining tactic again.

We know the player has his heart set on joining us, so we have offered low... They reject. He kicks up a fuss. We offer again sometime down the line, eventually it'll be accepted.

I never understand people getting frustrated about this kind of thing and just saying "throw another million or two at it". First of all, no one knows the ins and outs of what we have offered, and secondly, I'd hate to see how you'd run a business if you wouldn't mind throwing money away if you know that there is a chance you can get something cheaper.

It's all part of the negotiation.

He will sign. 99% of the time the player gets their wish.

I have felt all of the way through that we'll get him and nothing has changed for me except that we're probably closer to the end.  I think he's probably worth £6 million and we might end up paying that to get him but I don't have a problem with trying to get him on the cheap if at all possible.

In the past we've paid too much in an attempt to get who the manager wanted and it's done us no good and took a relegation to sort out our finances.  We're not going to do what some people on here want and just bid high so people might as well accept it and relax.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Thread title change as it's Friday? Cheer people up.

Debuchy: I still want move

Debuchy: I want to talk to the president and the coach, they are both liars

Debuchy: my position has not changed, I still want to move