Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Don't blame Lille for hanging in there tbh.  As long as the player is still under contract they are under absolutely no obligation to sell him unless their valuation of the player is met.  Hopefully when he meets with the president something will be resolved, but looks like this one's going to rumble on into its 1,573,934th week.

Yeah we have upped it to only 25% less than they asked for now.

Its an improved one but they value him higher so they rest.

I just dont get why they should let him go for that much less.

If we quote suitors 15 mill for Tiote and they come offering 11 million, will people here argue its a decent offer as well  :rolleyes:

Try seeing it from their angle. FWIW I think their valuation is spot on, £6.2 million is a bargain for what we are getting and upgrading from.

They value him at €10m/£8m not €8m... We are quite far apart with our latest offer...

Best part:

Lille have already completed a deal for Troyes defender Djibril Sidibe, a similar type of player to Debuchy.

Debuchy wants to follow in the footsteps of Cabaye, who moved to the north-east from Lyon last summer.

:lol: :lol:

I think nothing will happen with this for another week or more and then it'll suddenly come out that a fee is agreed. From that point things will move very quickly.

I'm not so sure how and why the French media knew we were about to bid again before we actually did, but I bet we weren't happy about that.

Not sure if I feel anymore positive this morning on this one although it looks like it might rumble on a bit longer than I feared.

Matty seems set on a move so that's still a positive I guess.

Just really hope this doesn't go right to the wire on deadline day and we miss out over a £1 million quid or such like.

Given we'd probably get £2.5/£3 million for Simpson, even at the asking price it'll still represent a terrific deal for a substantial upgrade.

Really hope we can do this.