Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest sicko2ndbest

Lille chairman says it needs to take into account Mathieus feelings due to the service he has given and then shits all over him

Debuchy exclusive in Lequipe tomorrow

I hope he's kicking off big time

Would you be saying similar if Cabaye decided he was homesick and French clubs were trying to get him for what we paid Lille / a little bit more?

Any aggro towards the selling club is severely misplaced imo, frustrating as it is.

Only care about NUFC so yeah I'd probably be p*ssed.

They have every right to ask for whatever price they see fit, but I don't see MA going higher for a 27 yo using our policy, therefore stopping Mathieu fulfilling his dream

So if Barca want Cisse but only want to pay £8m for him you think we should sell because it's Cisse's dream to play for Barca?

:lol: No, he'll slag Cisse and Barcelona off because he only cares about NUFC.

We all love NUFC mate, doesn't mean we've all got our heads up our arses.

Just the 2 of us then?

Dekka's just trying to make it easy to draft his post-window statement:

A statement from Newcastle United Managing Director Derek Llambias

Now that the transfer window has closed, we have had some time to reflect on the business we have conducted over the summer.

Our aim was to secure young players who represented value for money and could add real strength to the squad. The majority of our transfer dealings were completed in the early part of the window and we feel we have signed some players of exceptional quality. Yohan Cabaye, Sylvain Marveaux, Mehdi Abeid, Demba Ba and Gabriel ObertanRomain Amalfitano, Gael Bigirimana, and Curtis Good were all brought in early and we have seen these players settle quickly into the squad and perform well on the pitch.

Earlier this week we were delighted to sign Davide Santon from Inter Milan to fill our left-back position after the departure of Jose Enrique. Davide is an excellent young prospect and we're sure he'll be another superb addition to the squad. We also welcomed young goalkeeper Rob Elliot from Charlton Athletic who will help us retain healthy competition for that position after loaning out Fraser Forster to Celtic.[Reserve for last minute surprise signing of quality player, panic buy of mediocre player, or short-term signing of some old guy who just won't retire.]

Of course we had also hoped to secure a further right back and striker in the window, in addition to Demba Ba. Work to bring a right back and a striker into the club began early in the summer. Negotiations were complex and protracted and unfortunately it was disappointing that ultimately we could not secure our priority targets.

Whilst we did turn our attention to alternative prospects in the latter stages of the window, we have a very clear transfer policy and will not make knee-jerk decisions at the last-minute which are not in the best interests of the club. We understand that supporters will feel frustrated that we did not sign another right back or striker during the window, but it was not for lack of trying that we did not bring our final target in.

Its hardly a coincidence that offers for Douglas, Debuchy and De Jong have all been described as derisory at one time or another.

Teams have pegged on to what we're trying to do, I.e, bring in quality players on the cheap and therefore to avoid being made a mug of are raising the price.... only in this instance the price they were holding out for was allegedly only about a million more, why not just pay the f***er, bring in a quality fullback and get 2-3 million for Simpson to make up for any extra paid.

I simply can't understand this, there's playing hardball and then there's just being plain naive and stupid.

Theres no way we can get a RB as good as Debuchy for under the 8 million euros they apparently want, therefore we will end up with Simpson IMO. And hes f***ing s***, don't care what any opta stat's or fanboys say.

Absolutely spot on.

Not read the details of this but my initial and only real thought is that the offer's considerably too low. Not sure why they'd want to get rid for such a cheap price, considering he's seemingly a very good right back? I know full backs don't tend to go for massive prices but, what, £5m? Seems a fair bit short.

Its hardly a coincidence that offers for Douglas, Debuchy and De Jong have all been described as derisory at one time or another.

Teams have pegged on to what we're trying to do, I.e, bring in quality players on the cheap and therefore to avoid being made a mug of are raising the price.... only in this instance the price they were holding out for was allegedly only about a million more, why not just pay the f***er, bring in a quality fullback and get 2-3 million for Simpson to make up for any extra paid.

I simply can't understand this, there's playing hardball and then there's just being plain naive and stupid.

Theres no way we can get a RB as good as Debuchy for under the 8 million euros they apparently want, therefore we will end up with Simpson IMO. And hes f***ing s***, don't care what any opta stat's or fanboys say.

Absolutely spot on.

x2

the bold bit is exactly why i think we've fucked up if it doesnt happen

just sillyness

Don't get it at all. How can Pardew not stress enough how this signing would make us progress?

We've even sold players for £5m this summer. And we're bidding £13m for Carroll? Get real.

People are just making things up now. :lol: How do you know he isn't doing this?

I'v said it before, all our transfers last season excluding Cisse had some sort of catch or advantage to us that made securing the deal slightly less difficult.

Cabaye - Clause activated

Santon - Frozen out

Obertan - Not Wanted

Ben Arfa - Decent fee, but nursing serious injury and not welcome back at previous club

Ba - No fee involved

Marveaux - No fee involved

The season before that Tiote was a fine buy, but his talent was not well documented as Debuchy's is now.

Debuchy involves none of this, it's just a flat out transfer fee for an established and class player. The Cisse deal was promising but we seem to be getting nowhere with our policy at the mo. It's going to be a long summer if we keep trying to fleece clubs.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Absolutely spot on.

x2

the bold bit is exactly why i think we've f***ed up if it doesnt happen

just sillyness

Guest Realist

Don't get it at all. How can Pardew not stress enough how this signing would make us progress?

We've even sold players for £5m this summer. And we're bidding £13m for Carroll? Get real.

People are just making things up now. :lol: How do you know he isn't doing this?

Because we haven't signed him.  Q.E.D. :lol:

If the money is there, I think he has the power to convince the board that he is the most important signing.

Still, I know reactions after today's events aren't the most thought through at times. I'll be back with a new approach to this tomorrow.

Good night all.

Absolutely spot on.

x2

just sillyness

Again, where's the bids from Chelsea, Inter, etc. if it makes so much common sense just to put an extra €1-2m for such a quality player? Why isn't the whole of Europe lapping up such a bargain?

I'v said it before, all our transfers last season excluding Cisse had some sort of catch or advantage to us that made securing the deal slightly less difficult.

Santon - Frozen out

Obertan - Not Wanted

Ben Arfa - Decent fee, but nursing serious injury and not welcome back at previous club

Ba - No fee involved

Marveuax - No fee involved

The season before that Tiote was a fine buy, but his talent was not well documented as Debuchy's is now.

Debuchy involves none of this, it's just a flat out transfer fee for an established and class player. The Cisse deal was promising but we seem to be getting nowhere with our policy at the mo. It's going to be a long summer if we keep trying to fleece clubs.

Then if we do sign Debuchy the list will probably read;

Santon - Frozen out

Obertan - Not Wanted

Ba - No fee involved

Marveuax - No fee involved

Debuchy - Desperately wanted to come, tapped up by Cabaye

With so and so it won't be as straight forward.

If the money is there, I think he has the power to convince the board that he is the most important signing.

Still, I know reactions after today's events aren't the most thought through at times. I'll be back with a new approach to this tomorrow.

Good night all.

I'll ask the question again: how do you know he isn't doing this?

Absolutely spot on.

x2

just sillyness

Again, where's the bids from Chelsea, Inter, etc. if it makes so much common sense just to put an extra €1-2m for such a quality player? Why isn't the whole of Europe lapping up such a bargain?

aren't chelsea after a different right back? aren't inter actually after debuchy(allegedly)? why did no-one get cabaye/cisse/ben arfa? why are only sunderland and us (apparently) in for anita?

just because he's a good player doesnt instantly mean the whole of europe want/need him

Absolutely spot on.

x2

just sillyness

It is odd why Inter & Chelsea are not bidding but bear in mind as current and former Champions League winners their market is bigger than ours, not to mention the money they have available. Not to belittle us like but to get Debuchy at the price Lille are quoting would be exceptional business.

Why are Chelsea bothering going for Azpilicueta or whatever when they could have Debuchy on the cheap? Inter have been interested in him, why aren't they bidding if they can get him so cheap?

Azpilicueta is younger and the price quoted isn't a great deal of difference, 8m pounds i heard. Also maybe they just prefer him.

Quite frankly if Debuchy didn't happen i'd love if we could get someone like that in how ever unlikely it may seem. Plus it sounds like Debuchy wants to join us so maybe that's why they looked at other targets.

Guest Shaun

Some people have a hard time grasping the concept of negotiating. Even going so far as to call the owner a cunt for not paying Lille what they ask for.

:anguish: x 100

Why are Chelsea bothering going for Azpilicueta or whatever when they could have Debuchy on the cheap? Inter have been interested in him, why aren't they bidding if they can get him so cheap?

for all i know they could want him because he's far superior to debuchy? (i've never seen azpilicueta play)

pretty sure i've read a couple of times that inter have bid for debuchy