Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Think we should move on now, spending to much time on this now, not ideal but there must be alternatives that we can get that are better than Simpson and will improve us (Although maybe not as good as Debuchy)

Btw, been very impressed with Tav in pre-season and against Gateshead the other day at CB - looks very composed and disciplined. Good range of passing also. Good option on Right or Centre this season maybe, certainly looks better than Simpson already and doesn't back off.

Guest Archie

Its always going to end up with toys-out-of-pram with us unless there is a buyout clause, isnt it.

How many points is it gonna cost us that he joins up 3 days before PL kickoff as opposed to having the entire summer to train with the boys.

1 point? 3 points? 1 league position or 2?  ;)

Dons tin-hat  :laugh:

Its always going to end up with toys-out-of-pram with us unless there is a buyout clause, isnt it.

How many points is it gonna cost us that he joins up 3 days before PL kickoff as opposed to having the entire summer to train with the boys.

Probably not many, fitting in wouldn't be a problem due to amount of Frenchies we have currently. He could have one leg and be ten times better than Simpson

How will it cost us any points?  If he does sign late it will not make any difference as he'll have Cabaye and Ben Afra playing on the same side of the pitch as him and he knows those two well.

He'll be fine as all he has to do at the minute is gain fitness and sharpness which he can do with his current club.

Guest Archie

Right back is one thing but are people aware of the fact that we are one injury away from Playing Williamson at CB for 60 games  :scared:

Wafer thin coverage on CB. Taylor is a crock and we know it, if Colo gets hurt then TOUGH

Guest Argileye

This is so depressing... I'm at work and I cannot stop reading this thread. I cannot shake off this overall feeling of gloom. Still have a faint hope for this to go through eventually, though. Foolish, I know!

I reckon some workmates are planning on raising some money and send it to Ashley. Our £600-700 might push this closer to Lille's valuation, who knows!

Lille doit mettre de l'ordre dans leurs affairs et montrer du professionnalisme: rêlache Mathieu quand même!  :jesuswept:

Why the hell would we walk away from this now after those quotes? :lol:

Because its been like this all summer and we will only end up losing with no new Right Back this summer

So we should start all over again on another, worse player? When all we need to do is bid at most £1.5m more? No logic what so ever to it.

Because its been like this all summer and we will only end up losing with no new Right Back this summer

So we should start all over again on another, worse player? When all we need to do is bid at most £1.5m more? No logic what so ever to it.

I see what your saying but Ashley won't be held to ransom, we have seen this before and we will end up with nothing I reckon

Guest Archie

I loathe it when Barcelona tap up players and lowball the clubs they play for.

Saying I dont mind when we do it would be double standards, I want us to get him but operating like this in every dealing is going to bite us in the arse sooner or later.

In this case, it might bite us for a year with Danny at RB..

Guest Archie

I see what your saying but Ashley won't be held to ransom, we have seen this before and we will end up with nothing I reckon

Held to ransom  :lol: The price for debauchy is 8 million euros, as quoted by the Lille President. Now we may bid lower but the fact of the matter is we dont and wont meet their valuation. Thats why this isnt going through, not because of backpedaling and twisting from their side.  You cant bid half of what they want then whine about it  :lol:

Guest Archie

Yeah we have upped it to only 25% less than they asked for now.

Its an improved one but they value him higher so they rest.

I just dont get why they should let him go for that much less.

If we quote suitors 15 mill for Tiote and they come offering 11 million, will people here argue its a decent offer as well  :rolleyes:

Try seeing it from their angle. FWIW I think their valuation is spot on, £6.2 million is a bargain for what we are getting and upgrading from.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7959261/Debuchy-waits-on-Lille-talks

Debuchy is unhappy that the offer has been rejected and wants to speak to Seydoux to reiterate his desire to be allowed to move to the Premier League.

"Actually the coach told me the news on Thursday afternoon," Debuchy told L'Equipe. "I met him in his office and he told me the chairman stopped the negotiations and he doesn't want me to leave anymore.

"One day I can't leave because the club has not found a replacement, the next day it is because the Newcastle offer is not enough. One day it is the coach who blocked me, the next day it is the chairman."

"So I called the chairman and left a message. I am waiting for him to call back to make the situation clearer because I can't understand.

"The coach told me yesterday that he didn't want to block me anymore, that he saw my desire to discover something new.

"Michel Seydoux states the last Newcastle offer does not meet his valuation. Again, I can't understand.

"One day I can't leave because the club has not found a replacement, the next day it is because the Newcastle offer is not enough. One day it is the coach who blocked me, the next day it is the chairman.

"I have the feeling everyone doesn't have the same words. I just want things to be clear.

"I have been at Lille for 20 years, a club I really love, for which I always gave my very best. I have never made a lot of noise and I don't want to start now.

"I have the opportunity to play in the best league in the world, playing regularly against the best opponents and I really want that.

"Today, I am still resolved to trying something new, to have another experience, and I would like to have a talk with the chairman for things to be clear between us."