Everton 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/05/12 - post-match reaction from page 55

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

That second goal is probably the most pissed off I've been this season like. How fucking dare he celebrate that.

Disappointing performance today, but it's been a cracking season overall. No complaints here.

My feelings exactly. We did play better in the second half but it was still disappointing to see us finish the season in this fashion. Oh well, it's still been a fantastic season regardless (5th place man! :D) and credit to everyone at the club.

Guest BooBoo

Feeble performance where we never once looked like we believed we could make it a special day.Front three all turned in stinkers and a shame to bow out on another heavy away defeat. Everton to a man were miles better and deserved their win.

Great season but as always still lots that can be improved.

Guest firetotheworks

Feeble performance where we never once looked like we believed we could make it a special day.Front three all turned in stinkers and a shame to bow out on another heavy away defeat. Everton to a man were miles better and deserved their win.

Referee set the tone imo. They were still the better team, but from first to last they had absolutely everything go their way. Pathetic performance from the ref.

We didn't have a front 3 until the 2nd half when we played much better.

We didn't have a front 3 until the 2nd half when we played much better.

:thup:

We pretty much always look better in anything but a rigid 4-4-2.

Disappointing performance but a fantastic season!

You know what I mean ffs. As a trio, it was the poorest they've played.

I thought you were suggesting we played with a front 3 and we didn't in the first half.

didnt something happen between the two just moments before that incident

Yeah, Cahill made a horrible and late attempt of a tackle on Cabaye which Yohan didn't like at all. Ref only spoke to Cahill to calm him down, Cahill made it quite clear to Cabaye that he would get him after the match i think.

I suppose it's wishful thinking, but maybe our performance will show Ashley that investments will have to be made to mount a challenge for a CL spot next year.

I suppose it's wishful thinking, but maybe our performance will show Ashley that investments will have to be made to mount a challenge for a CL spot next year.

Eh? If owt it's the reverse.

How so? We were poor today, and I think our weak links showed today - Williamson particularly - and Ashley was there to see it.

We went into the last game of the season with a possibility of making third. How does that show Ashley we need to invest any more than we have in recent years? :lol:

Guest BooBoo

anyone mind saying giving a quick who played well, who shite etc?

at least a win wouldnt have changed anything

Nobody played well. We lacked heart and belief and bowed out on a downer. Marveaux returned and showed a couple of good touches. HBA was only rarely involved and Ba stunk the place out.

We went into the last game of the season with a possibility of making third. How does that show Ashley we need to invest any more than we have in recent years? :lol:

I was talking about the game in particular, not the season as a whole. Hence the the word "hoping" ;)

Guest bimpy474

How so? We were poor today, and I think our weak links showed today - Williamson particularly - and Ashley was there to see it.

I think he means if Ashley wants Champions League we need to invest, cant knock that attitude tbf. What Ashley thinks who the hell knows, definitely in your camp like.

I was talking about the game in particular, not the season as a whole. Hence the the word "hoping" ;)

Well even so, Williamson wouldn't be playing without a season-ending injury to Taylor who was playing really well at the time. I don't think seeing today will make much difference to our plans tbh.

anyone mind saying giving a quick who played well, who shite etc?

at least a win wouldnt have changed anything

Nobody played well. We lacked heart and belief and bowed out on a downer. Marveaux returned and showed a couple of good touches. HBA was only rarely involved and Ba stunk the place out.

cheers

Guest bimpy474

Well even so, Williamson wouldn't be playing without a season-ending injury to Taylor who was playing really well at the time. I don't think seeing today will make much difference to our plans tbh.

Unfortunately.....its about balancing the books for Ashley, if UEFA put the rules they are putting in place correctly then we will be well placed, i hope.