Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Newcastle could be set to lose out on Luuk de Jong with reports in Germany claiming he is set to join Borussia Monchengladbach instead.

by Tweet me @skygraemebailey6/28/2012 9:22:25 AM 10:22 AM

Anyone seen anything in the German press?

Plenty:

http://news.google.de/news/story?q=%22Luuk+de+Jong%22&hl=de&gl=de&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1440&bih=766&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ncl=dUiDd4QaU2_JSpMcVxCQ408ll8ofM&sa=X&ei=yirsT9_gLJSX0QW1sa36DA&ved=0CDEQqgIwAA

First Holliett is linked with them now him, are Borussia Monchengladbach stealing our targets?

They are in the Champions League, though I think playing in the Premier League is a bigger draw card than a single season in the Champions League.

To be fair I am disappointed the way we deal with transfers this summer. Bids here and there? It would have been nice to bid on one player and secure him and try another one. Just a thought.

The players we're trying for are wanted by other clubs too. We don't have the time to be doing that.

To be fair I am disappointed the way we deal with transfers this summer. Bids here and there? It would have been nice to bid on one player and secure him and try another one. Just a thought.

Quite right. Multitasking is for morons.

Are you mental?

No offence.

How rude.

Guest firetotheworks

Are you mental?

No offence.

Tbf, I often wonder if Ethigeordie is actually just a figment of all of our imaginations.

Guest Roger Kint

I don't get why people are looking down at the german league, in fact, it draws more average attendants then the premier league if I am not mistaken? Premier league is pretty much the biggest league for people outside of europe tbf.

Tbh i think its only aussiemag who is doing that.

Are you mental?

No offence.

Tbf, I often wonder if Ethigeordie is actually just a figment of all of our imaginations.

I can't belive how you can't think differently in this forum any more with out called names and everything... It is toxic you don't have to agree with my opinion or even more don't read them but call me this and that is childish and venidiction of low IQ.

Are you mental?

No offence.

I can't belive how you can't think differently in this forum any more with out called names and everything... It is toxic you don't have to agree with my opinion or even more don't read them but call me this and that is childish and venidiction of low IQ.

Respect mate.

Guest Roger Kint

Are you mental?

No offence.

The irony :lol:

Are you mental?

No offence.

Not sure if your original post there was a woosh, and if so I'll happily bite regardless, but how is tracking certain targets for a long time anything different from what we did in last summer's (widely considered hugely successful) summer transfer window, i.e. when we had long drawn out sagas with the likes of Gameiro and Gervinho, and ended up with other very good players seemingly out of the blue?

Sorry Ethi, I didn't mean anything by it. I just find the idea that a football club should only be pursuing one signing at a time ever so slightly crazy.

I've no idea how high my IQ is now you mention it.

That how we delat with last season first Cabaye and then Ba then Marvoux and then no player until Oberton and then almost finally Santon. I just don't think we could have pull off all this players had we bid as the same time early June and wait and see. I might be wrong but it is better to swallow what you have in you mouth before you add on extra food.

Sorry Ethi, I didn't mean anything by it. I just find the idea that a football club should only be pursuing one signing at a time ever so slightly crazy.

I've no idea how high my IQ is now you mention it.

That how we delat with last season first Cabaye and then Ba then Marvoux and then no player until Oberton and then almost finally Santon. I just don't think we could have pull off all this players had we bid as the same time early June and wait and see. I might be wrong but it is better to swallow what you have in you mouth before you add on extra food.

My IQ must be lower than I thought because that doesn't make sense to me at any level..