The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

Porto -1, Lyon DNB double for later.

Copied you.

:yao:

I've bet on Porto once this season. They've conceded 1 goal in 9 home matches, guess which game I bet on them to win to nil?

So I leave them for a few games and come back to them tonight. 2nd goal conceded at home.

And Lyon... what the hell are they playing at?

Good run or not, old habits die hard people.

I of course went for that double instead of Rayo who I thought were great value. Having a very decent season and Atletico have been pretty shit away from home recently. But no, I thought I'd be "safe".

Ah well.

Oh well, some very odd results (first time Porto have dropped any points at home) there but guess it evens a couple of unlikely small stakes ones I had over the past few days.

As for midweek:

Spurs to qualify against Lyon should be likely. Lyon looked gash tonight. I'll be backing Spurs in the home leg on Thursday @ evens.

I think Real are poor value at 4/6 vs Man Utd.

Likewise not keen on Juve at 5/6 at Celtic. You'd certainly expect them to get through but odds on at Celtic Park is a dangerous game. If they can beat Barca they can sure as hell beat Juventus.

Who knows, could be wrong on all 3 counts. :lol:

Benteke FGS @ 9/2 (Betfred double and triple that price respectively if he gets first then another goal or two goals)

Aston Villa / Man Utd double @ 4/1 (enhanced Betfred double)

Clean sweep for me yesterday! £32 profit, yay.

Surely it'd be poor value? As different players scoring in the same game are not entirely independent events.

Depends.

If you've got Ronaldo, Özil and Van Persie all to score, with Di Maria, Rooney, Kagawa and Benzema all not to score, you get odds of 63. Hhm...

Guest Rey Mysterio

Shame. Wonder how the odds compare when you compile an accy of all one teams players not to score against the other team's clean sheet market. Presuming you're allowed as many players as you like in your multiple.

bet365 - they're doing the free £50 in-play offer on Real Madrid v United. As usual it's place a pre-match bet and your first losing in-play will be returned up to the same value as your pre-match.

Might have to make an account in someone else's name to take advantage of this.

bet365 - they're doing the free £50 in-play offer on Real Madrid v United. As usual it's place a pre-match bet and your first losing in-play will be returned up to the same value as your pre-match.

Might have to make an account in someone else's name to take advantage of this.

Definitely worth doing if you can as they seem to give this offer 2/3 times a season.

Personally I'll lay my pre-match bet off on Betfair so that I'm not risking any of my own bank.Then either lay the free bet off and guarantee a return or lump it on a high odds market like FGS and have the chance to win some nice profit.

Haven't decided yet but most likely the latter  :naughty: