The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

:lol: I shouldn't be included in that list. I generally don't bother posting many of my bets beforehand these days. And half of mine are following others anyway. Certainly not Neil or Messi.

Watch Stu, Roger, Brett off the top of my head for horse racing. And Dinho Lad for golf.

Although my 6 years as a manager for William hill

Hey, you might be useful.

:lol: Thought that meself. Surely you'd know good markets to avoid/aim for and general tips to minimise idiotic, needless bets at least, even if you can't guarantee money?

:lol: Thought that meself. Surely you'd know good markets to avoid/aim for and general tips to minimise idiotic, needless bets at least, even if you can't guarantee money?

Yep, plus all of those dirty tricks that bookmakers get up to during the season.

I'll be no use man, it's been a good few years since I last worked in the betting shops. The only stuff I learnt is that 999 out of 1000 people who bet know absolutely fuck all about it, and that gambling addiction is a nasty business.

When I worked there I knew a lot about racing as I was watching it every day and reading the post from cover to cover. I'm well out of the loop. My wife is still working at hill's but she know nowt about sport. She doesn't even look at the bets man, just takes the money.

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: I shouldn't be included in that list. I generally don't bother posting many of my bets beforehand these days. And half of mine are following others anyway. Certainly not Neil or Messi.

Watch Stu, Roger, Brett off the top of my head for horse racing. And Dinho Lad for golf.

Thats harsh on Stu & Brett lumping them with my shit record  :lol:

Thats harsh on Stu & Brett lumping them with my shit record  :lol:

I still hold you in high esteem for that little run I had following you. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Those days were few and far between sadly. Mind listening to Messi's tips didnt help either last night, try to avoid really short priced horse the best of times let alone rubbish ones  :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: I missed that bit

Shortest price i have backed today is 5/2 and i dont like betting on those prices most of the time. Could do with a few winners today to start the new season off well.

Hopeless with football bets, will do a few accumulators now and then, sometimes a scorecast at the match as well, but that's it.

Forget who, but a few people on here were on about backing Farhh next time out after losing at Royal Ascot.  If you fancy it, he runs Saturday in the Eclipse, faces So You Think again though and Nathaniel.  Looking a class race so far. 

Guest Roger Kint

It was Stu and someone else i think. Theres another horse running on Saturday that i was going to back now you reminded me but i cant think of the name. Will have to wait til then to see the abc guide to find it.

Shortest price i have backed today is 5/2 and i dont like betting on those prices most of the time. Could do with a few winners today to start the new season off well.

Hmm, what 5/2 shot is this? :shifty:

In the Eclipse?  Not a betting race for me that.  Too much of a bottler this season to back SYT @ 10/11 (can't afford to bet big like I used to).  Plus Nathaniel probably needs the run after a long time off and is better at 12f.  Farhh looks classy, but not too confident he'll reverse form with SYT. 

Leaves Crackerjack King at 16s as an e/w shout, but will probably get stuffed and Bonfire at 14s.  Not convinced by the 3 year olds this year, so Bonfire doesn't appeal to me massively either.

Might do a £10 straight forecast with SYT and Farhh, but will probably just watch and enjoy...... 

I went to this meeting last year, lost a fair bit but enjoyed it.  Supporting races look terrible this year mind.

Guest Roger Kint

It was Stu and someone else i think. Theres another horse running on Saturday that i was going to back now you reminded me but i cant think of the name. Will have to wait til then to see the abc guide to find it.

It was Andymc and Ash

Guest Roger Kint

Its the dodgiest of dodgy favourites, Mohawke Ridge a Dods horse who rarely gets anything from short priced favs. Nothing else appealed to me and as for as i saw it was his only donkey out today :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

In the Eclipse?  Not a betting race for me that.  Too much of a bottler this season to back SYT @ 10/11 (can't afford to bet big like I used to).  Plus Nathaniel probably needs the run after a long time off and is better at 12f.  Farhh looks classy, but not too confident he'll reverse form with SYT. 

Leaves Crackerjack King at 16s as an e/w shout, but will probably get stuffed and Bonfire at 14s.  Not convinced by the 3 year olds this year, so Bonfire doesn't appeal to me massively either.

Might do a £10 straight forecast with SYT and Farhh, but will probably just watch and enjoy...... 

I went to this meeting last year, lost a fair bit but enjoyed it.  Supporting races look terrible this year mind.

Dont think it was in that tbh. Just remember reading something the last week about it running on Saturday. No idea of meeting or owt.

Is it you? Scoop your £400,000 winnings NOW!

Calling all ToteScoop6 punters – check your betting slips NOW!

We are urgently appealing for the mystery customer who placed a £2 bet in a Betfred shop in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne and picked the six winners of the Scoop6 races last Saturday to come forward...

Why so urgent?

-  Firstly, you’ve already won a whopping £394,487!

-  Secondly, if you don’t claim it before 2pm on Saturday you will miss your chance to go for the bonus fund and potentially win a further £251,996 or more! The bonus race will be the 3.20 Newcastle the John Smith's Northumberland Plate at Newcastle

“Usually punters are banging my doors down to collect their winnings and I’m really worried that our Scoop6 winner may not actually know they’ve won,” said Betfred boss Fred Done.

“I urge anyone who played the Scoop6 in the Newcastle area last weekend to check their tickets just in case they’re sitting on a massive windfall – especially as they only spent £2 on the bet!”

The winner needs to go to any Betfred shop before 2pm Saturday or phone 0800 028 4418. Betfred will also take the winner and their family to Newcastle Races on Saturday as VIPs when they will hopefully take their winnings to nearly £650,000!

Turns out the person that won this actually picked two of the winning horses by accident.  :lol:

Its the dodgiest of dodgy favourites, Mohawke Ridge a Dods horse who rarely gets anything from short priced favs. Nothing else appealed to me and as for as i saw it was his only donkey out today :lol:

I'm sold. :lol: