Serie A 2012/13

Guest JS

Let's get this started  :smitten:

Can't predict anything other then another Juve title this season, Milan obviously weaker now without Ibra and Silva, Inter should do a little better and same old from Roma :yao:

Roma will be fun, father was hyping Zeman up so much, and its not often he gives any manager praise. Says he followed Zeman many years when he was a manager at Foggia in the 90s and then Lazio. 

Will be a good season, and Ill predict, Juventus as winner, Roma as top 3 and Pato as top goalscorer. (Zlatan can fuck off, Pato will be back at form, except if he gets an injury during the Olympics :lol:)

Roma will be fun, father was hyping Zeman up so much, and its not often he gives any manager praise. Says he followed Zeman many years when he was a manager at Foggia in the 90s and then Lazio. 

Will be a good season, and Ill predict, Juventus as winner, Roma as top 3 and Pato as top goalscorer. (Zlatan can f*** off, Pato will be back at form, except if he gets an injury during the Olympics :lol:)

FWIW I think he (Pato) will have a good season too, unfortunately, especially if he gets a good run in the team early and avoids any serious injury. I still don't know about Zeman man, although Enrique didn't have a proper handle on the squad I still feel he should have stayed another season at least. It's a shame that Ancelotti went to PSG after Ranieri was sacked :(

• 2 weeks later...

So the word over here now is Conte will be banned for possibly 1 year and 3 months after his bargain plea was turned down  :snod:

This year the title may belong to Inter. Just a hunch

If Conte is banned that long ouch. Big blow for Juve, but should have reported the match fixing...Will Juve appoint someone on interim and bring him back after?

On the interim I think. This league is never boring like :yao:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Roma is incomprehensible. Should be a dynamite squad, but so lackluster. Zeman's defense strikes again.

Tbf their defense on an individual level is trash too :lol: dat mid and fwd line though :fwap:

I should mentioned Totti too as he's been rolling back the years this season, been probably the best player in Serie A.

Drawing parallels with Roma and Newcastle in some ways at the moment. Both clubs have had a great opportunity to really build over the last few years and for one reason or another the boards have changed direction. As much as I appreciate Zemen I still think sticking it out with LE or preferably Montella would have yielded much better results over the long run with steady investment. Similarly, if Ashley wasn't such a cunt and just supported and backed Keegan sensibly when he came back I have no doubt we wouldn't be anywhere near where we are right now. Easy to say with hindsight I guess.

Anyway :yao:

Can't say I've actually had time to properly watch many games in Serie A this year, but it looks like Juve will still dominate for a while yet. Can't see Lazio sticking it out at the top for too long, especially come April

Napoli got their 2 points back though.... so they are level with Lazio and 3 points behind Juve. Not to mention Juve have really struggled without Chiellini and Asamoah.

Also i wouldn't call off Lazio so easily, they have been unbeaten for 2 months i think this title race has a long way to go yet and Juve far from have it in the bag.

I still think Juve will win it mind.

Just read this on another forum.

Roberto Baggio has resigned as technical director of the FIGC, he position he took in 2010. He cited a lack of willingness by some of those around him to move forward and revealed that a 900-page report recommending improvements to youth football in Italy was treated as a "dead letter".

He got his category 1 UEFA Pro Coaching Licence in July of last year meaning he is eligible to at least take charge of any club in Italy. I assume that extends to any club in Europe unless there are countries which require an additional special licence handed out by their own federation/a special coaching body.

Imagine The Divine Ponytail in management.  :love:

Just read this on another forum.

Roberto Baggio has resigned as technical director of the FIGC, he position he took in 2010. He cited a lack of willingness by some of those around him to move forward and revealed that a 900-page report recommending improvements to youth football in Italy was treated as a "dead letter".

He got his category 1 UEFA Pro Coaching Licence in July of last year meaning he is eligible to at least take charge of any club in Italy. I assume that extends to any club in Europe unless there are countries which require an additional special licence handed out by their own federation/a special coaching body.

Imagine The Divine Ponytail in management.  :love:

Aye. Shame he wouldn't fit in here :lol:

2-1 Roma - Inter in the Coppa Italia first leg  :smitten: