Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest Howaythetoon

There is nowt much more to add, the man is clueless when it comes to getting a team of talented footballers to play a progressive game. His specialty is the defensive side of the game. He'd make a canny number 2 or a decent defensive coach or even a lower league manager...

Fast losing patience with him.  Has no other suggestion than bunging Obertan and Shola on.  Times today he was stood there with a “well, this is it” expression.  Hate hate hate to peddle the 4-3-3 argument again but at the end of it all, it fucking worked.

Cisse off at HT ffs.  Seriously Shola has fuck all on the lad if utilised correctly.

Swear down I'll gan ballistic if he peddles this “but we played midweek!” bullshit again.

I don't have confidence in him to sort this out. I don't trust him at all and I hate how he talks the talk yet constantly serves up this shower of shit. It breaks my heart to see him ruin all this potential and it's even worse seeing him get an 8 year contract. He's an absolute clown.

Some players are repeatedly letting him down in fairness.

When are you going to crawl out of his arse?

I think I've been very fair tbh. He needs to take responsibility for the poor performances but players like Cisse, Cabaye and Tiote have all been poor this season. There's no real argument against that.

That's because they're footballers and need a side set up to play football. How good do you think Rooney or Nani would look if Man sat back and whacked the ball long rather than push forward and play passing football?

Obviously our style has never been particularly attractive, but it's the same tactics as last year and questions do have to be asked why the players are suddenly playing like s***.

because the opposition has worked Pardew out.  its that simple.

It's not the same tactics as last year though. The tactic of Ba on the left and Cisse up top hasn't been tried once this year!

The manager is as cowardly with his players as with his tactics if he won't play Ba there.

No pattern to our attack at all. No recognisable runs or effective pattern to our passing. We can't be doing ANY attacking drills. Every time we go forward it's like the players have only just met.

West Ham in contrast had a pattern. What's more, if that score was the other way around in the last 15 mins we wouldn't have defended with any where near the same discipline.

Fat Sam is better than this manager lark than Pardew.

Our squad deserves better than both of them imo.

Guest Dontooner

Anything that floats his boat mate, some like cheese some dont.

Standard Pardew 'tired' excuse will be coming no doubt. If he does say it then we may as well withdraw from European football because we can't handle it.

The way we play is as if each opposition team has been given knowledge of our starting line up and tactical plans to our game. Surely we can't be just that much off the boil or shit at the moment?

Awful to drop points at home to West Ham. Still confident things will turn around but players, manager and coaching staff have served up a lot of shit this season.

he has no clue how to change it does he? just stood on the touchline shouting "go on!" to the wingers.

fans will soon get on his back if this slide continues. sjp sounded very negative as well, wasnt much passion to get us back in the game or when we won it in the corner flag. all just seems deflated

It's not the same tactics as last year though. The tactic of Ba on the left and Cisse up top hasn't been tried once this year!

The manager is as cowardly with his players as with his tactics if he won't play Ba there.

if you think thats the answer to our problems then you've mistaken.  Ba did not play there for the majority of our season,  we got most of our points last season from 4-4-2. 

Standard Pardew 'tired' excuse will be coming no doubt. If he does say it then we may as well withdraw from European football because we can't handle it.

The way we play is as if each opposition team has been given knowledge of our starting line up and tactical plans to our game. Surely we can't be just that much off the boil or s*** at the moment?

Awful to drop points at home to West Ham. Still confident things will turn around but players, manager and coaching staff have served up a lot of s*** this season.

surprised no one has mentioned Pardew's most obvious excuse.

suspensions.

I think I've been very fair tbh. He needs to take responsibility for the poor performances but players like Cisse, Cabaye and Tiote have all been poor this season. There's no real argument against that.

That's because they're footballers and need a side set up to play football. How good do you think Rooney or Nani would look if Man sat back and whacked the ball long rather than push forward and play passing football?

Obviously our style has never been particularly attractive, but it's the same tactics as last year and questions do have to be asked why the players are suddenly playing like shit.

Our style was awful last season as well until the second half of the season where we stumbled onto a winning formula. Pardew knows how to set teams up defensively and that's his limit. After that, how to get the ball from defence to attack is purely down to the players to work out on the day by the look of it.

I really want him do to another phone in

What's the point - last time the things he said that were news to us, simply did not materialize - either that Cabaye friend, or the goal-scoring center-half. He could easily have lied to us - half a year later we're still not sure whether the 'board' has actually tried to sort these positions or not. So what's the f***ing point for these PR stunts??

we got most of our points last season from 4-4-2.

With a totally different team to what we have now, it's painfully obvious this team doesn't suit this stoke style of shit he's getting us to play at the moment.

Sort it out or we won't even get top 10 matter about top 6 or any of that crap.

The guy has no real plan or idea of how to implement football that involves decent passing and movement. Man manager at best, and that's it.

It's clear that he just stumbled onto that formation last year, and that's what carried us. he doesn't truly believe in that system, or we would have stuck with it regardless of Ba's whinging.

Can't believe we still started a game with both Ba and Cisse upfront. Pardew's lost.