Alan Pardew

Dave

We have loads of players on long contracts, Pardew has one himself. All the signs are the club is planning for stability, it would be a massive mistake to sack the manager at this point.

The biggest mistake would be to keep him and go down.

We have loads of players on long contracts, Pardew has one himself. All the signs are the club is planning for stability, it would be a massive mistake to sack the manager at this point.

When do you sack him? When we are 7 points adrift with 3 games to go?

Obviously if anyone knew we were going down, and would survive by replacing him, we wouldn't be discussing this.

So just keep him till we know we're down. Great plan batman.

Eh?

Guest neesy111

We are in a worse position now than when Pardew took over and the manager he replaced has a very average Norwich side 5 points above us.  We could be in the bottom 3 by xmas.

We were ok tonight but nothing to say we'd could go on a 2 or 3 match winning streak, not a chance.

Obviously if anyone knew we were going down, and would survive by replacing him, we wouldn't be discussing this.

We don't know either way, what we do know is that we're struggling against other struggling team. We're failing to win games which have become 6 pointers and have lost games which didn't look like 6 pointers at the time but they have become that.

Eh?

You can't answer when to sack him, therefore you would keep him till its too late.

When do we sack him? I how much trouble do we need to be in before its ok?

We don't know either way, what we do know is that we're struggling against other struggling team. We're failing to win games which have become 6 pointers and have lost games which didn't look like 6 pointers at the time but they have become that.

True I suppose, we are definitely losing games that we would 'expect' to win, there's no argument against that fact.

Eh?

You can't answer when to sack him, therefore you would keep him till its too late.

Oh, OK.

I don't really know when the point would come when I would decide to sack him, we'll have to see. I hope it doesn't come to that. All I know is that IMO it hasn't come to that point yet.

True I suppose, we are definitely losing games that we would 'expect' to win, there's no argument against that fact.

I'm not sure we expected to win them, we needed to and didn't and the tougher games are still to come.  I can only see us getting a maximum of 3 points between now and January and wouldn't be surprised if we only get 1.

Don't mean to put words in your mouth re: dominating them either :) but the 'excellent passing football pretty much from start to finish' is what I mean.

We were a poor passing side until they had the lead. We weren't a great deal better thereafter, but they had a lead and felt no need to press us while we aimlessly put balls in the box without bothering to get in behind their defence. Food and drink for the Hangeland.

Er well, thanks mate, you did put words in my mouth. :lol: I never said we dominated, my original post said we were excellent without being incisive.

All fucking season long we've been asking why we're hoofing the ball up - well tonight we played 433 and we kept the ball on the deck.  We hardly hoofed the ball at all and when we did it was more of a lofted ball from midfield than anything else, and even that was rare.

If you moan all season about us playing hoofball (as I have) then we start playing passing football throughout the game then it seems a bit fucking demanding to say you think our passing football isn't incisive enough.  Give it time man, hopefully we've reverted back to 433 and back to a passing style.  Tonight wasn't that much different to our game against West Brom away last season in terms of our approach, however Fulham had 8 or 9 men behind the ball at most times.  It was therefore difficult to open them up.

Moan too loudly and Pardew will go back to the hoof.  Stick with this and we can hopefully progress.

Don't mean to put words in your mouth re: dominating them either :) but the 'excellent passing football pretty much from start to finish' is what I mean.

We were a poor passing side until they had the lead. We weren't a great deal better thereafter, but they had a lead and felt no need to press us while we aimlessly put balls in the box without bothering to get in behind their defence. Food and drink for the Hangeland.

Er well, thanks mate, you did put words in my mouth. :lol: I never said we dominated, my original post said we were excellent without being incisive.

All fucking season long we've been asking why we're hoofing the ball up - well tonight we played 433 and we kept the ball on the deck.  We hardly hoofed the ball at all and when we did it was more of a lofted ball from midfield than anything else, and even that was rare.

If you moan all season about us playing hoofball (as I have) then we start playing passing football throughout the game then it seems a bit fucking demanding to say you think our passing football isn't incisive enough.  Give it time man, hopefully we've reverted back to 433 and back to a passing style.  Tonight wasn't that much different to our game against West Brom away last season in terms of our approach, however Fulham had 8 or 9 men behind the ball at most times.  It was therefore difficult to open them up.

Moan too loudly and Pardew will go back to the hoof.  Stick with this and we can hopefully progress.

:thup:

To me it looked like we played 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2 from HT onwards. Hard to tell though as no-one was on the right.

Our only problem with passing it around away these days is that teams are sitting a lot deeper against us this year as we're not a surprise package anymore.

Eh?

Oh, OK.

I don't really know when the point would come when I would decide to sack him, we'll have to see. I hope it doesn't come to that. All I know is that IMO it hasn't come to that point yet.

Now is the time to sack him if we were a proper club with an ambitious owner. Just before the window, chance to make big moves in the market, after unquestionable series of results, but we know it won't happen. The board has no drive, no ambition but to survive and unless that is severely threatened they won't act. Unfortunately it'll come too late, be a massively shit change that'll see us down, like last time. Rewind to this time of the season we went down, don't you wish we took more appropriate action?

Too good to go down: really we should never think like that again because we showed that phrase to be bollocks and we could easily do it again. I don't think we will (I'm very torn tbh) I think we will survive but it won't be pretty and that leads me to next year, the big name players will want out, leaving us with all the dregs to play football with...and still Pardew at the helm. Uninspiring, making the same shit mistakes over and over again while talking utter bollocks to cover his failings, and it'll be like that till 2020, with wonga on our shirts, shit football and no hope of ever living to our potential as a decent club. That is the future if we hang on to him, I think that's the future the board are quite happy to see unfold, as a fan it's something that makes me feel sick.

Guest neesy111

Eh?

Oh, OK.

Now is the time to sack him if we were a proper club with an ambitious owner. Just before the window, chance to make big moves in the market, after unquestionable series of results, but we know it won't happen. The board has no drive, no ambition but to survive and unless that is severely threatened they won't act. Unfortunately it'll come too late, be a massively shit change that'll see us down, like last time. Rewind to this time of the season we went down, don't you wish we took more appropriate action?

Too good to go down: really we should never think like that again because we showed that phrase to be bollocks and we could easily do it again. I don't think we will, I think we will survive but it won't be pretty and that leads me to next year, the big name players will want out, leaving us with all the dregs to play football with...and still Pardew at the helm. Uninspiring, making the same shit mistakes over and over again while talking utter bollocks to cover his failings, and it'll be like that till 2020, with wonga on our shirts, shit football and no hope of ever living to our potential as a decent club. That is the future if we hang on to him, I think that's the future the board are quite happy to see unfold, as a fan it's something that makes me feel sick.

If we were an ambitious club, Pardew would have never got the job.

All f***ing season long we've been asking why we're hoofing the ball up - well tonight we played 433 and we kept the ball on the deck.  We hardly hoofed the ball at all and when we did it was more of a lofted ball from midfield than anything else, and even that was rare.

If you moan all season about us playing hoofball (as I have) then we start playing passing football throughout the game then it seems a bit f***ing demanding to say you think our passing football isn't incisive enough.  Give it time man, hopefully we've reverted back to 433 and back to a passing style.  Tonight wasn't that much different to our game against West Brom away last season in terms of our approach, however Fulham had 8 or 9 men behind the ball at most times.  It was therefore difficult to open them up.

Black bold,  :spit:

Blue bold, give your head a shake. :lol:

We sharply changed from 433 in the first half.

To me it looked like we played 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2 from HT onwards. Hard to tell though as no-one was on the right.

Our only problem with passing it around away these days is that teams are sitting a lot deeper against us this year as we're not a surprise package anymore.

It was more difficult to tell the formation once Ameobi came on, however we kept passing it.  I could tell because I'm quite impatient with hoofs now and will normally shout "Enough of that shite" or words to that effect and barely did so tonight.

I swear we'd have beaten Fulham if they weren't in shite form, as perverse as it sounds.  They were so defensive it was untrue.

I feel like Ian W here. :lol:

Not going to stay in this thread to argue the point.  Interesting how people I normally get on alright with on here take a fairly immature, mocking tone when you dare to take a different stance.  Grow up.

Some of you are angry and beyond reason at the minute so I'm off. :lol: We tried to play good football this evening and it didn't pay off.  I can't remember being in a much happier (but obviously by association fairly disappointed) defeated away end than I was tonight.  There weren't any complaints about the performance.

It was more difficult to tell the formation once Ameobi came on, however we kept passing it.  I could tell because I'm quite impatient with hoofs now and will normally shout "Enough of that shite" or words to that effect and barely did so tonight.

I swear we'd have beaten Fulham if they weren't in shite form, as perverse as it sounds.  They were so defensive it was untrue.

I don't think there was one when Shola came on unfortunately, we lost that link between midfield and forward line for sure. Strange, strange substitution even moreso as you say we didn't just start belting it forward thus rendering Shola pretty much useless. We were on top and for me he had to bring Marveux on for a like for like to keep it going, that sub threw us for 5-10 mins while we regrouped. Exactly what a sub is not supposed to do when you're chasing the game.

The relegation process will officially start when Pardew's sacked.  JFK again. And this time I am pretty sure Ashley will never trust a manager, will just let the club rot and wait for any potential buyers.

Man, we are stucked. But the best thing you should do now is to support the player AND the manager on the pitch. Because we simply cannot bear the result.

Guest neesy111

The relegation process will officially start when Pardew's sacked.  JFK again. And this time I am pretty sure Ashley will never trust a manager, will just let the club rot and wait for any potential buyers.

Man, we are stucked. But the best thing you should do now is to support the player AND the manager on the pitch. Because we simply cannot bear the result.

Yeah, like the support in the 08/09 got us somewhere.

I feel like Ian W here. :lol:

Not going to stay in this thread to argue the point.  Interesting how people I normally get on alright with on here take a fairly immature, mocking tone when you dare to take a different stance.  Grow up.

Some of you are angry and beyond reason tonight so I'm off. :lol: We tried to play good football tonight and it didn't pay off.  I can't remember being in a much happier defeated away end than I was tonight.

The problem is that the result and performance don't exist in isolation because we needed to win tonight as it was our last realistic chance of an away win before the middle of January (and I'll tell you now that we'll get fuck all at Carrow Road). We're long past the point where we can take encouragement from any sort of performance unless we've given someone a real battering or been robbed by a ref and that certainly wasn't tonight. They missed much better chances than we did.