Alan Pardew

Dave

Everton didn't have a full strength team, their right side was a makeshift one.  Neil said that.

I would say Jagielka at rb is an upgrade on hibbert

Naysmith has been playing nearly every game

Who else do they have there?

Mirallas - he's been brilliant when fit.

Genuine question - do people think our problems would be solved by a new manager or do people think a few new faces would do similar? A gross oversimplification of the situation, perhaps, but was just wondering what a few on here thought.

Genuine question - do people think our problems would be solved by a new manager or do people think a few new faces would do similar? A gross oversimplification of the situation, perhaps, but was just wondering what a few on here thought.

new manager - assuming he was half decent we'd improve right away with the existing players at his disposal imo

new players same manager - well we'll fucking see won't we?  my feeling is we'll continue to struggle but might scrape up in spite of pardew

Just watched his NUFCtv interview

Hit the nail on the head about everything

-pretty much said Simpson is gash. Santon not being helped because he is out only offensive fullback. Gives him chance to concentrate in defending more

- Baines and Fellaini the difference

- not right for a club as big as this to have that bench last night even though Bigi and Sammy did well

- we need 3 players

- spirit and effort were there, just lack experience and more 'good' players

And so what does this all have to do with starting Shola upfront and Cisse on the right?

The guy is a fraud. I'd honestly have confidence in a good number of posters on here doign a much better job.

Our players are seriously underated I reckon.

Our defence is really the only are where we are desperate for additions.

However we have enough quality attackers to put serious pressure on the opposition, which would actually give our defence more of a break, and not invite as much pressure onto them.

To think we could still have potentially had a front three of Obertan, Cisse and Marv, with Tiote Anita and Bigi, despite all these injuries we keep hearing about.

Lining up this way would have allowed us better posession, and play, which would have eased pressure on our defence.

Instead he allows Baines and Pienaar the easiest of nights by having Cisse tracking back there, and then Shola up top not working hard enough and keeping posession well enough.

How does he not realise this invites pressure onto our team on the whole and the defence more importantly?

Anyone who thinks we are "too good to go down" only has to read those stats.  Also if anyone thinks our players injured coming back will make the difference, it won't, we were shit when we had these players available.

I'm in the Pardew out group now for sure.

Guest reefatoon

His love for Shola is massively affecting a lot of his decisions. I love how he always demeans fans as well by trying to suggest we know nothing if we criticise Shola.

Totally agree. There will be parties in the streets when this useless cunt hangs up his boots.  Totally depresses me when I see his name on the team sheet, you just know exactly what you are going to get when the useless twat starts a game.

Shola is a nice guy, and behind the scenes I'm sure everyone loves him.

I'm sure he does a great jo of stroking the managers ego, and is a right teacher's pet.

However, this is no reason to play him! As some sort of buddy buddy love in.

The guy should only be coming on when all else has failed and hell has frozen over.

The stick that he is getting for straight swapping Shola for Ba is way over the top.

He had prepared the formation all week to include Ba in the center and Cisse on the right, an hour before kick-off he can be forgiven for not wanting to switch too many player roles for this week.

If he cant switch things in a couple of hours what chance has he got during a game, explains his s*** subs etc

He could have changed it, but what about the players? Would they be comfortable with an entirely different set of instructions, for a different position, a couple of hours before a game? He made the right, if unpopular, call last night.

That's laughable, how long do you think it would have taken to tell and coach Cisse to play in his usual position? :lol:

Guest icemanblue

The stick that he is getting for straight swapping Shola for Ba is way over the top.

He had prepared the formation all week to include Ba in the center and Cisse on the right, an hour before kick-off he can be forgiven for not wanting to switch too many player roles for this week.

If he cant switch things in a couple of hours what chance has he got during a game, explains his s*** subs etc

He could have changed it, but what about the players? Would they be comfortable with an entirely different set of instructions, for a different position, a couple of hours before a game? He made the right, if unpopular, call last night.

That's laughable, how long do you think it would have taken to tell and coach Cisse to play in his usual position? :lol:

Yeah, and the others?

Yup. It boggles the mind how someone can actually use that as an excuse, and even more that some believe it to be true. It would be more believable had he said he played Shola from the start as a gesture of good will having told him he wasn't going to the only major tournament he will ever have the chance to play in. Dave mentioned it I think, and I could see that being the case. Not this preparation guff.

Yeah, and the others?

What others? Sammy, Obertan or Marveaux would have played in Cisse's place. And?

-pretty much said Simpson is gash. Santon not being helped because he is out only offensive fullback. Gives him chance to concentrate in defending more

- not right for a club as big as this to have that bench last night even though Bigi and Sammy did well

- we need 3 players

- we need 3 players

I don't think our players were significantly worse than Everton's, far from it, actually. It's how they are used that's the problem.

Everton were at full strength last night, they had no-one out

- we need 3 players

I don't think our players were significantly worse than Everton's, far from it, actually. It's how they are used that's the problem.

That makes a massive difference

That makes a massive difference

Coleman/Hibbert would have replaced Heitinga and allowed Jagielka to play in his normal position.

Mirallas would have played instead of Naismith who is a reserve.

Gibson would have played instead of Neville who is also a reserve these days.

In fact, Gibson is as important to EFC as Baines and Fellaini is.

Guest palnese

Hardly slept at all last night, fuming over this useless fraud of a man. Even had a go at my boss this morning. Fuck.

Guest icemanblue

Yeah, and the others?

What others? Sammy, Obertan or Marveaux would have played in Cisse's place. And?

Obertan had been playing on the left, in this formation. Marveaux had been playing as part of the midfield three. Sammy is Sammy. If we'd taken Marveaux out of the midfield three, someone would have had to replace him. That would have been Perch. But, wait, Perch was playing right back. So, who do we play there? Santon, and bring Fergie in? Who knows. My point is that Shola for Ba was a straight swap, and the work in training could be retained. If we'd went for Cisse up top, then we'd have had to make at least three other changes.

Never once got the impression Pardew fears for his job. Not once.

This. Says a lot tbh - not least the rather blasé attitude towards our current predicament. That said, I reckon he's reluctant to admit that we're in the shit - not least because it'll draw attention to the fact he's doing a piss poor job atm. That does bring with it it's own difficulties, however. Redknapp has admitted QPR are in a dog fight - its created a siege mentality among the players and giving them a sense of belief. We're not nearly as prepared if things don't turn our way over the next couple of games.

This is why a reckon he should be binned now - before we sink further into the mire. Statistics, questionable tactics, results and style of play all suggest we're ever less likely to pick up. I'm not even confident that a few new faces through the door will result in us staving off a relegation scrap.

Yeah, and the others?

Obertan had been playing on the left, in this formation. Marveaux had been playing as part of the midfield three. Sammy is Sammy. If we'd taken Marveaux out of the midfield three, someone would have had to replace him. That would have been Perch. But, wait, Perch was playing right back. So, who do we play there? Santon, and bring Fergie in? Who knows. My point is that Shola for Ba was a straight swap, and the work in training could be retained. If we'd went for Cisse up top, then we'd have had to make at least three other changes.

I'd agree that Shola was a straight swap for Ba had he been a player of similar quality. Being a big bastard doesn't justify the straight swap however. Shola's movement (lack of) up front dictated our forward play. The only time he got into a good position he fluffed his shot wide.

Guest icemanblue

Yeah, and the others?

I'd agree that Shola was a straight swap for Ba had he been a player of similar quality. Being a big bastard doesn't justify the straight swap however. Shola's movement (lack of) up front dictated our forward play. The only time he got into a good position he fluffed his shot wide.

And?