Alan Pardew

Dave

Had enough of this man.

Builds an entire season around a man that he said is always at risk of losing due to his contract.

What a genius.

:lol:

Sounds bonkers when you put it like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Newcastle_United_F.C._managers

Since 2006 (6 years), we've had 7 managers: Roeder, Allardyce, Keegan, Kinnear, Shearer, Hughton, Pardew. Out of those, Pardew is the only one that has started and finished a season as full time manager. He finished 5th and we nearly got into the champions league.

This season has been poor, for which Pardew must take some of the blame. Frankly though, is there any manager out there who:

1) Would have got more points on the board, taking into account the total lack of a squad capable of competing, decimated by injuries

2) Would fit in with "the system" and be willing to work under Fat Mike and Dekka for peanuts

3) Would manage to produce better attacking football, taking into account the glaring squad weaknesses, decimated by injuries

4) Would be worth the loss of credibility due to sacking someone who has got us our highest league finish in years, taking into account all of the above.

I think for Newcastle, changing the manager has always been the solution, and frankly its never really worked. The grass may be greener, but given that Ashley has hired and fired Allardyce, Keegan and Hughton more or less because he doesnt get on with them and they dont fit in the system, surely its only a matter of time before whichever mediocre manager we were to appoint gets the boot.

For anyone looking to make a name for themselves in management, they arent going to want to come here, work under Ashley with minimal investment in players, and then eventually be made the scapegoat when it doesnt work out as planned.

We've got through managers faster than Ashley gets through pies and when they've left its hardly been onwards and upwards each time. Allardyce and Hughton seem to be doing very well because they are at much better run clubs.

For me, Ashley's last of many chances was when he appointed Pardew after sacking Hughton, Keegan and Allardyce in a short space of time. His whole regime's credibility depends on Pardew's success, because surely after so many poor decisions and dismal failures, there wouldn't be anyone who would want to come here amid the turmoil and who would be a success.

If Pardew goes, Ashley has to go as he will have consistently mucked it up over numerous years with many chances and lost all credibility. Since I don't see this realistically happening, Pardew has to stay for me.

I think a better solution would be a striker in January, finishing off a crap season, reviewing in Summer, building a squad with Pardew and then this time next season if we aren't considerably better then Pardew and Ashley can both fuck off.

The elephant in the room though is that Pardew being left in charge will probably relegate us.

Right now I'd probably agree but do you honestly think anybody else could do better given the squad we have available? and if so who?

It's a clusterfuck for sure, but I'd be inclined to stick than twist at the minute.

Guest neesy111

The elephant in the room though is that Pardew being left in charge will probably relegate us.

Right now I'd probably agree but do you honestly think anybody else could do better given the squad we have available? and if so who?

It's a clusterfuck for sure, but I'd be inclined to stick than twist at the minute.

I'd bet quite a few managers could get those available to function as a team, even Glenn Roeder bloody did it.

Remember this bad run also started with most of the squad available.

Well you couldn't do any worse.....

This is our problem, we're trying to stay up but we basically can't count on getting a point from a single away game which narrows our survival down to very few home games.. I honestly believe we can't do much worse than what we already have, we may just have to take a risk that our owner can get someone remotely decent in.

Out of interest how many points do people think we need to survive? And what games can we get these points from?

I'm still undecided about that. I'm terrified when I think about where our points could be coming from but I'm still pretty convinced that the alternative is worse. All that turmoil guarantees nothing, and I dread to think of who they'd approach. They've no plan for anything.

One thing is for certain, the rest of January is fucking huge. Aside from any transfer activity there are three massive, winnable matches with no Europe to disrupt preparations. Time to get new players in and injured players fit.

If we don't show something against Norwich, beat Reading and at the very least avoid defeat against Villa then my mind will certainly start to be changed.

I'd bet quite a few managers could get those available to function as a team, even Glenn Roeder bloody did it.

Remember this bad run also started with most of the squad available.

Aye. Someone who can, at the very least, motivate the players would get better results imo. Pardew has lost them and they're not coming back.

I'm still undecided about that. I'm terrified when I think about where our points could be coming from but I'm still pretty convinced that the alternative is worse. All that turmoil guarantees nothing, and I dread to think of who they'd approach. They've no plan for anything.

One thing is for certain, the rest of January is fucking huge. Aside from any transfer activity there are three massive, winnable matches with no Europe to disrupt preparations. Time to get new players in and injured players fit.

If we don't show something against Norwich, beat Reading and at the very least avoid defeat against Villa then my mind will certainly start to be changed.

:thup:

Guest bimpy474

Had enough of this man.

Builds an entire season around a man that he said is always at risk of losing due to his contract.

What a genius.

Breath the fresh air of realism.....aint it grand.

Good post :thup: My comments in blue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Newcastle_United_F.C._managers

Since 2006 (6 years), we've had 7 managers: Roeder, Allardyce, Keegan, Kinnear, Shearer, Hughton, Pardew. Out of those, Pardew is the only one that has started and finished a season as full time manager. He finished 5th and we nearly got into the champions league.

I'm not sure what this adds to the debate of what is best for this club in the present day? A past history of a revolving door of managers means nothing in practical terms. It's probably given more credibility than it deserves. You'll often hear the examples of Ferguson, Wenger and Moyes - but they're not doing well with those clubs because those clubs kept them on, they've been kept on because they continue to perform (relative to their resources). Look at Chelsea - they're ridiculed for chopping and changing, but they win trophies! I think too much of an emphasis is placed on 'how the club appears to the outsider' personally. It reminds me Willy Loman, getting himself in deeper and deeper debt buying items on credit to keep up with the Jones', making poor decisions to appease the onlooking outside world..

I think it is relevant when it comes to what you've written below though regarding who Ashley would choose. That is a serious worry, quite frankly. :thup:

This season has been poor, for which Pardew must take some of the blame. Frankly though, is there any manager out there who:

1) Would have got more points on the board, taking into account the total lack of a squad capable of competing, decimated by injuries

2) Would fit in with "the system" and be willing to work under Fat Mike and Dekka for peanuts

3) Would manage to produce better attacking football, taking into account the glaring squad weaknesses, decimated by injuries

4) Would be worth the loss of credibility due to sacking someone who has got us our highest league finish in years, taking into account all of the above.

I think points one and three are complete non-points, IMO. Injuries like ours would hurt anyone, but there are dozens of managers who would have made more out of what we had last season than Pardew did, and would have us better set to deal with the injuries we've experienced as a consequence - and we wouldn't be in a relegation struggle. I'm not especially concerned with how we look in respect of point four - and I'd hope whoever came in was equally strong-willed to see through BS/hypocrisy anyhow.

Point two is a problem.

I think for Newcastle, changing the manager has always been the solution, and frankly its never really worked. That's true, but to extrapolate that changing the manager now won't work because it hasn't previously is bad science. I agree that there's no sense to it if we replace them with a Kinnear, mind you. We don't have to though. Ashley doesn't have to appoint a Kinnear. The grass may be greener, but given that Ashley has hired and fired Allardyce, Keegan and Hughton more or less because he doesnt get on with them and they dont fit in the system, surely its only a matter of time before whichever mediocre manager we were to appoint gets the boot.

For anyone looking to make a name for themselves in management, they arent going to want to come here, work under Ashley with minimal investment in players, and then eventually be made the scapegoat when it doesnt work out as planned.

We've got through managers faster than Ashley gets through pies and when they've left its hardly been onwards and upwards each time. Allardyce and Hughton seem to be doing very well because they are at much better run clubs.

For me, Ashley's last of many chances was when he appointed Pardew after sacking Hughton, Keegan and Allardyce in a short space of time. His whole regime's credibility depends on Pardew's success, because surely after so many poor decisions and dismal failures, there wouldn't be anyone who would want to come here amid the turmoil and who would be a success. Interesting perspective - but it's not like Ashley has nine lives, there's no pressure/media ridicule/conceivable fan upset that could force him out. He has infinite lives. He doesn't care about the credibility of his regime. He could pay the right manager to not care too.

If Pardew goes, Ashley has to go as he will have consistently mucked it up over numerous years with many chances and lost all credibility. Since I don't see this realistically happening, Pardew has to stay for me.

I think a better solution would be a striker in January, finishing off a crap season, reviewing in Summer, building a squad with Pardew and then this time next season if we aren't considerably better then Pardew and Ashley can both fuck off.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/291635/

I’ve never experienced a run of injuries and incidents.

“The injuries have been unprecedented in my time. We have lost key players to sendings-off. We’ve got to keep a steady head.

“We’re working round the clock to get players in and back, because there is no doubt about it, the form we are in and the momentum we have, we are in a fight.

“We’re fighting to stay in the Premier League.”

A quite remarkable claim. ;)

“The injuries have been unprecedented in my time. We have lost key players to sendings-off. We’ve got to keep a steady head.

“We’re working round the clock to get players in and back, because there is no doubt about it, the form we are in and the momentum we have, we are in a fight.

It's nice to have a manger with such a positive outlook...

:anguish:

Incidents  ???

Guest bimpy474

Can he not just stop talking for just one day. It's a daily spew of utter nonsense and misery with him, even if some of it's close to the truth.

It feels like all we're getting are constant soundbites of 'We're a mess. I don't know what to do. It's all going against me. The players I've got aren't good enough.....We're in this together and must turn this around'. How's that going to help motivate?

It feels like all we're getting are constant soundbites of 'We're a mess. I don't know what to do. It's all going against me. The players I've got aren't good enough.....We're in this together and must turn this around'. How's that going to help motivate?

Basically. He's not showing any fight or signs that he can fix this.

Guest bimpy474

Actually seems like his ego has kicked in and he is taking no blame whatsoever. Cowardly if you ask me.

Why does that sending off comment make me think he's including shola in that :lol:

because he is :) the dude f***ing loves Shola!

Ive got a feeling pards done this so when he goes to ashley, hes more likely to get more funds. Most probably not true, but theres got to be a reason for fielding him, no manager is that bad.

collo and cissie knocks on a game they would have made a differance and shola upfront on a game where he wouldent? Got to be a reason