Alan Pardew

Dave

We've played utterly shit and won in must win games before and they've gained no confidence from it.

How can you get any confidence from being thoroughly outplayed for 45 minutes by a team of kids who've just been beaten over two legs by Bradford City and were recently beaten 4-0 at home by bloody Wigan. You can be pleased at dragging yourself over the line against Man United but not this Villa side.

I know a win was the most important thing, but we've heard it all before after West Brom, QPR etc, "now we can kick on" - we never do. Last night gives us nowt to go into Chelsea feeling particularly positive about, it will just enhance the fear if we take the lead, but beating them 4-0 would have done us the world of good.

We've played utterly s*** and won in must win games before and they've gained no confidence from it.

How can you get any confidence from being thoroughly outplayed for 45 minutes by a team of kids who've just been beaten over two legs by Bradford City and were recently beaten 4-0 at home by bloody Wigan. You can be pleased at dragging yourself over the line against Man United but not this Villa side.

I know a win was the most important thing, but we've heard it all before after West Brom, QPR etc, "now we can kick on" - we never do. Last night gives us nowt to go into Chelsea feeling particularly positive about, it will just enhance the fear if we take the lead, but beating them 4-0 would have done us the world of good.

Fair enough, I just see it differently.

Fucked off to bed last night without posting this because I was too fed up with the prick.

In the second half when it was obvious Villa had changed tactics, and I'm not talking about upping their game but the wing play, all Pards had to do was consider a simple tactical response. I was calling for Sissoko to be dropped deep alongside Perch, giving our midfield more width and protection for our full backs. Jonas off Anita on. Pretty much problem solved. 10 minutes later on strolls Shola (for Perch ffs) in yet another Pards masterstroke.

Pards took off useful outlets and replaced them with pointless players. Can barely wait for the day this twat is gone from the club.

It was a game that reminded me of several performances from last season. Score, then cling onto that goal.

He rides his luck and relies on Krul and Coloccini - just like last season. It's shit and without doubt, we have the most cowardly negative manager in the League.

Fucked off to bed last night without posting this because I was too fed up with the prick.

In the second half when it was obvious Villa had changed tactics, and I'm not talking about upping their game but the wing play, all Pards had to do was consider a simple tactical response. I was calling for Sissoko to be dropped deep alongside Perch, giving our midfield more width and protection for our full backs. Jonas off Anita on. Pretty much problem solved. 10 minutes later on strolls Shola (for Perch ffs) in yet another Pards masterstroke.

Pards took off useful outlets and replaced them with pointless players. Can barely wait for the day this twat is gone from the club.

Amen to that part in bold. Really does fuck me off how negative this man is. It's disgusting and shameful with the players we have.

We've played utterly s*** and won in must win games before and they've gained no confidence from it.

I know a win was the most important thing, but we've heard it all before after West Brom, QPR etc, "now we can kick on" - we never do. Last night gives us nowt to go into Chelsea feeling particularly positive about,  it will just enhance the fear if we take the lead, but beating them 4-0 would have done us the world of good.

Utter Utter Utter Garbage

We held on after being under the cosh, having gifted them a goal - if Simpson had done what Debuchy did he'd be getting crucified on here, Krul actually made some saves for once. We won away from home, Cabaye and Sissoko were excellent until they tired.

We won after a team came back at us, previously a team scores and we fold, this time we didn't.

Laugahable !!, when we lose it's Pardew's fault, when we win it's despite Pardew.

WE WON A GAME, AWAY FROM HOME, NO LESS !!!

If winning 4-0 is your benchmark of acceptability, you may as well pack in and start watching basketball.

Confidence is an incremental thing and I'll quite happily take some scraped results whilst it builds.

The thought that scares me the most and takes away much of the excitement for me is this.

We have such a talented squad, we have a brilliant scouting system and a board capable of pulling off the most incredible deals for exceptional players.

As long as this man is our manager, we're more than likely to throw everything away. It won't matter what players are put in his lap - the tactics, hesitation, negativity and tactical confusion will remain.

Game after game, he puts on players in positions they're not suited to. He changes the formation to something not even remotely looking like a footballing side. He reverts to hoofing as soon as we score. He worries about the opposition, never has them worrying about us.

These are his characteristics as a football manager. It only gets you that far. He's at fault for our position and struggles this season and he will not be able to take us forward in any shape or form.

Builds. :lol:

We'll get turned over by Chelsea and Spurs so good luck with building it from that.

Are you saying that teams should never ever score 4 goals - or even attempt to? No wonder you're so happy with this negative manager.

f***ed off to bed last night without posting this because I was too fed up with the prick.

Pards took off useful outlets and replaced them with pointless players. Can barely wait for the day this t*** is gone from the club.

No he didn't, he replaced them with players you don't like, end of, there is no balanced view, just reactionary nonsense.

Where's the Debuchy outrage for last night, when does Santon get as much stick as Williamson (coz sure as hell he's cost us as many, if not more, goals this season as Williamson has).

Impartial views: Nigel Pearson Talkshite: "I though Newcastle were excellent"

BBC text - "Newcastle retaining the ball much better in the final third since Ameobi came on"

We won a game away from home. :lol:

Wow, at the end of January! He's doing a great job!

Who would do better??.

When we have a fully fit squad starting next season IF results remain poor, he'll be gone. He was manager of the year last year, as voted by his peers, I'll take their judgement over some randoms off the internet.

Patience is not a noted virtue for football fans, the sort who would have had SAF out at Man U in his early time. I am prepared to give him time (especially given the lack of depth and injuries we've had to KEY players).

Guest neesy111

f***ed off to bed last night without posting this because I was too fed up with the prick.

Pards took off useful outlets and replaced them with pointless players. Can barely wait for the day this t*** is gone from the club.

No he didn't, he replaced them with players you don't like, end of, there is no balanced view, just reactionary nonsense.

Where's the Debuchy outrage for last night, when does Santon get as much stick as Williamson (coz sure as hell he's cost us as many, if not more, goals this season as Williamson has).

BBC text - "Newcastle retaining the ball much better in the final third since Ameobi came on"

:facepalm:

Why don't you just go on twatter to get any views that suit you.

Builds. :lol:

We'll get turned over by Chelsea and Spurs so good luck with building it from that.

Are you saying that teams should never ever score 4 goals - or even attempt to? No wonder you're so happy with this negative manager.

Don't be silly, nowhere near what I meant (and you know it) but you should NOT expect a team to score 4 and then cry when they don't.

Guest neesy111

:lol: We were horrendous 2nd half, there's no disputing it.

Which follows into a pattern recently:

Everton

Norwich

Reading

Villa

All dog shite 2nd halfs.

I was interested in how we reacted to taking the lead and going behind last season so I produced a chart...

http://i50.tinypic.com/5zl8r4.jpg

The largest majority of games were ones in which we took the lead and held on to it for a win.  Exactly half our games.

In just under a quarter (21%) we went behind and lost.

11% saw us recover from a losing position to draw.

We lost 3 games from a winning position, and drew only 1 from a winning position.

Being able to retain those slender leads was the basis of our success.

This season to follow....

I know a win was the most important thing, but we've heard it all before after West Brom, QPR etc, "now we can kick on" - we never do. Last night gives us nowt to go into Chelsea feeling particularly positive about,  it will just enhance the fear if we take the lead, but beating them 4-0 would have done us the world of good.

Utter Utter Utter Garbage

We held on after being under the cosh, having gifted them a goal - if Simpson had done what Debuchy did he'd be getting crucified on here, Krul actually made some saves for once. We won away from home, Cabaye and Sissoko were excellent until they tired.

We won after a team came back at us, previously a team scores and we fold, this time we didn't.

Laugahable !!, when we lose it's Pardew's fault, when we win it's despite Pardew.

WE WON A GAME, AWAY FROM HOME, NO LESS !!!

If winning 4-0 is your benchmark of acceptability, you may as well pack in and start watching basketball.

Confidence is an incremental thing and I'll quite happily take some scraped results whilst it builds.

Either you have as much comprehension of tactical changes as Pardew has or you never actually watched the second half.

Actually, I didn't word that very well. I didn't mean the players were pointless, I meant the positional changes were. When we're increasingly under pressure in front of our back four he pulls off Perchy and puts on Shola???

Looks like I missed the drug party at the beeb last night then

It's difficult to try and retain a balanced view when we have looked dreadful at some points this season. But we also looked dreadful at certain points last season, at least as bad as this season. However when you're in the top 6 and scraping wins, with the odd excellent performance (Man Utd, Liverpool etc.) then people tend to worry about it less.

So far this season we have had the Euro games to contend with, the terrible summer transfer window, injuries to key players (Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Taylor), the Ba situation to deal with (and by that I mean accommodating his wishes at the expense of Cisse in the hope he would re-sign in the summer), the recent Colocinni situation (which I think has affected his form a little over the season), and a serious drop in form by some squad players who managed to do a competent job last year even though they are not fan favourites (Williamson, Shola, Jonas).

Is that bad management, or is that something outside of Pardew's control? We can't just ignore it and say it has no affect, it must do.

Has Pardew become a bad manager over the summer? Has he been "found out"? I doubt it, and to suggest that he has also suggests that last season he had an element of tactical genius which other managers couldn't work out, but now they have. Hardly likely is it?

You might say he was lucky last year, that the team performed well in spite of Pardew. Seems a bit unfair, to suggest that if we do well then its the players dragging  us along despite Pardew, and if we do badly its due to Pardew and not the players.

The most likely answer is probably the lease interesting - Pardew is not a terrible manager and he is not the best manager in the league. We overperformed last year, and the joy of finishing 5th tends to erase the memory of some dreadful performances, and some lucky scraped wins. How many points did Ryan Taylor win us? Move forward a season, throw in a load of Euro games, and squad depth becomes a hell of a lot more important. Add to that a drop in form of the sorts of players who make up the squad depth, then you can see how it can start to affect performances. It would take a top top manager to take that scenario and turn it into a season the fans would be pleased with, and Pardew is not one of those managers. However, very few of those managers exist, and those that do are not coming to Newcastle in the near future.

Michael Laudrup is the current hot name in management. How do you think he will do if he is still at Swansea next year, they are likely to be in Europe, and lets just assume they have the same lack of strengthening we had this year, and the same issues to deal with. I've seen nothing to suggest that he would cope any better than Pardew, and I would say the same about most managers in this league, perhaps Moyes and Ferguson aside.

When you're pissed off with the manager it is always easy to point to specific perceived tactical errors that do not work out. Sending Shola on last night and taking Perch off looked like a bad decision in hindsight. However with Shola on a good day (as was the case at some points last season) it sometimes worked well, and he defends corners well and if he holds the ball up properly it takes pressure off the midfield and defence. However, he didn't do that job well last night, so it will go down as a bad decision.

Trying to give a balanced view probably comes across as relatively Pro-Pardew, which I'm not. I just think that unless you bag a really top drawer manager then the best you can hope for is a manager who is reasonably competent and that the players want to play for, and Pardew would fit that bill.