Alan Pardew

Dave

The point about Joe kinnear was well made....given our owner was the one who gave that dinosaur a job too.

Pardew suits Ashley's level of ambition perfectly. If you're looking for a better manager you best look for a better owner first.

Pardew really is an awful manager, the only thing worse than his tactical ineptness which we saw in the second half today, is his cowardice. We might not get relegated, with this squad we certainly shouldn't, though it will probably be close. However there is really nothing to look forward to with this clown in charge, no specific style of football, no going after a game and trying to thrash the opposition, just more of what we saw in the second half today. A bunch of fairly talented football players, hoofing the ball absolutely anywhere with no confidence gained (none installed by the manager anyhow) that they were so much better than Villa in the first half that all they had to do was continue to play the way they had been.

Pardew blamed for the second half but not praised for the first half.

The inconsistency of an agenda laid bare right there.

Guest neesy111

The point about Joe kinnear was well made....given our owner was the one who gave that dinosaur a job too.

Pardew suits Ashley's level of ambition perfectly. If you're looking for a better manager you best look for a better owner first.

Doesn't mean we can't hold Pardew to account though.

I'm not sure that Pardew does suit Ashley's ambition, I think his arse licking suits Ashley though.

Guest neesy111

Pardew really is an awful manager, the only thing worse than his tactical ineptness which we saw in the second half today, is his cowardice. We might not get relegated, with this squad we certainly shouldn't, though it will probably be close. However there is really nothing to look forward to with this clown in charge, no specific style of football, no going after a game and trying to thrash the opposition, just more of what we saw in the second half today. A bunch of fairly talented football players, hoofing the ball absolutely anywhere with no confidence gained (none installed by the manager anyhow) that they were so much better than Villa in the first half that all they had to do was continue to play the way they had been.

The common factor is his half time team talk...... 

This season has been bizarre... If we score early, I am gutted because I know we'll stop trying. Insane to play with 10 men around our own box and Shola by himself in the opposition half... We could have put this game to bed early with a third goal, but didn't even begin to try for that at all. Insanely lucky that we tried this horseshit against a terrible team like Villa, if we sat back and invited a decent team onto us like that we'd have been properly fucked and deserved every inch of it.

Hopefully at chelsea we don't score until the very end and nick a draw... maybe a 1-0 if the stars align. If we score first we'll lose 3-1.

Not at all. His problem isn't usually taking the lead but his terrified reaction to it, or indeed any change in circumstance.

An agenda would be to claim he's doing everything well or everything badly. As a match day manager he is diabolical and there's no getting away from it.

Did he or did he not?

The point isn't about whether or not he deserved them, but if he's genuinely incompetent for the job (as Mick vociferously asserts), then why would he even consider resigning from the role that has allowed him to be richly rewarded for other people's efforts?

In that instance, the only change we'll see is if the people running the club accept that Pardew isn't good enough and replace him - so Mick's complaint should be aimed at them.

Do you think Pardew is doing a good job?

In the short term (I.e. last match) - he sent out a starting XI and tactics that did enough to win the game in the first half, unsure about his second half adjustments but got the 3points. Good enough for a win.

In the medium term (I.e. last 3/4mths) - has had a difficult season in terms of performances AND results; some of it self-inflicted (like trying to shoe-horn Cisse out wide to accommodate Ba's goals, always trying to defend a lead rather than push on) but he's also had other factors to deal with which perhaps aren't directly his fault (lack of suitable playing squad for 3 competitions leading to overplayed players and out of form players, directly resulting in a bigger injury list particularly key players). Don't think he's done a great job of grinding out results, but has previous of this last season so not going to write him off just yet.

In the long term (I.e. last 18mths) - the awful Autumn run has taken some of the shine off what was a swift progression for the club on and off the field. Think he overachieved last season and will probably admit at the end of this season that he got caught up in all of the hype and excitement at finishing 5th (talk of top 4, etc). A mid-table finish and some signs of progress on the pitch would restore my belief that last season wasn't a one-off.

Nevertheless, he's also shown that he understands his role at the club and how the owner wants things to work, so that's another tick in the box as far as I'm concerned as I'm sick of changing the manager every other season. That's not to say I'm happy with a manager for the sake of continuity, but he's still in credit after his first 18mths for me.

The implication being Pardew says nowt in the week or the minutes before a game?

His game plan was spot on.  It was Lambert's half time team talk that changed the game, not pardews. 

don't even think it was lamberts team talk as much as the villa players had a break in order to regroup and knew they HAD to go for it.

Guest neesy111

The implication being Pardew says nowt in the week or the minutes before a game?

His game plan was spot on.  It was Lambert's half time team talk that changed the game, not pardews. 

:facepalm:

So why can't Pardew change game's at HT then as clearly proven by the stats?  Why can't he counteract to when the opposition make changes?

Why don't you look for a better owner? Given the one we've got I'm just pleased he's at least signing decent players. At least once your preferred owners step in they'll have a decent squad of players to work with.

We played well in the first half but Villa let us, they were terrified, had no confidence, and yes we scored a couple of good goals. The second half performance was inexcusable and we are very lucky to get away with all three points. Our players looked terrified, I blame Pardew for that, and it was the most one sided half I've seen for years, against a very poor team. Villa decided to attack, we panicked and hadn't got a clue what to do. Pardew's substitutions made absolutely no sense at all, we were getting overran in midfield so he takes Perch off?? Shola what was he meant to be doing? Jonas stayed on and even by his recent standards he was shocking. Anita when he came on had absolutely no idea what he was meant to be doing.

I'm not sure how anyone can defend the indefensible.

How was his game plan spot on?  His game plan was to lead at half time and then put everyone behind the ball.  That's always the game plan.

How fucking naïve to think that Villa's kids forced us into putting Shola on and blasting it away towards him?  Does the fact that it happens every game not ring any bells?

Guest neesy111

How was his game plan spot on?  His game plan was to lead at half time and then put everyone behind the ball.  That's always the game plan.

How fucking naïve to think that Villa's kids forced us into putting Shola on and blasting it away towards him?  Does the fact that it happens every game not ring any bells?

If people can't see the pattern with our games with tactics, subs etc.  Then they really aren't watching us enough imo.

People defending Pardew :lol:

Look at the f***ing mess that finished that match ffs it is literally indefensible, he was practically BEGGING Villa to score it was that bad. Any half decent side would have mind you, Villa (s***) were unlucky not to.

The only person with an agenda is anyone who would have the gall to excuse that second half shambles.