Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest bimpy474

It's like having Fat Sam's nicer looking much more charming twin in charge, same percentage football ethos though.

He's Pulis in a suit, cuz.

It's actually an insult to Pulis or Fat Sam tbh. At least they buy the players that suit the formation and have a genuine gameplan with it. And don't try to butter the supporters up with lies about the style of play they're aiming for.

That's where the "charming" bit comes on. :(

It's like having Fat Sam's nicer looking much more charming twin in charge, same percentage football ethos though.

But at least fat Sam is unashamedly honest about his approach, he doesn't bullshit people into thinking his team plays decent stuff.

Guest bimpy474

But at least fat Sam is unashamedly honest about his approach, he doesn't bullshit people into thinking his team plays decent stuff.

My post above this ;)

The main line of argument for keeping Pardew has become 'sacking managers hasn't worked for us in the past'. When that's all you've got left you know you're talking about a manager who's just not doing his job well enough.

That's one reason but also the horrendous injury problems we've had all season given the lack of investment made last summer in first team players and 3rdly finishing 5th last season and being manager of season which weren't fluke.

The main line of argument for keeping Pardew has become 'sacking managers hasn't worked for us in the past'. When that's all you've got left you know you're talking about a manager who's just not doing his job well enough.

That's one reason but also the horrendous injury problems we've had all season given the lack of investment made last summer in first team players and 3rdly finishing 5th last season and being manager of season which weren't fluke.

A few more...

1: Europe

2: Injuries

3: Youth players

4: Spies

5: Fans

6: Not running fast enough

7: Players heads turned

8: Agents

9: Lack of investment

10: Luck

11: Senegal

12: The Pitch

13: lack of Magic

14: Notting Hill Carnival

A few more...

1: Europe

2: Injuries

3: Youth players

4: Spies

5: Fans

6: Not running fast enough

7: Players heads turned

8: Agents

9: Lack of investment

10: Luck

11: Senegal

12: The Pitch

13: lack of Magic

14: Notting Hill Carnival

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I couldn't care less about the style of play at the moment if i'm honest.

I just want to see a team capable of winning away from home and quite frankly winning full stop, style of play is nice and all but some consistent positive results would be much nicer.

I didn't give a shit about style of play last season because we were not losing nearly every bloody week.

I want Pardew to improve the style of play as much as the next person but until i see a team capable of winning some games consistently its definitely at the back of my mind for now.

Some of us did, because we knew that if it didnt change, this was coming.

Exactly, if you go out to dominate the opposition with a fluent attacking gameplan then I'm convinced that it's more geared to long-term success than going out to fluke your way through games, taking advantage of a lucky bounce or flash of brilliance then defending it with your lives.

How was last season not a fluke? Has he done it before?

Really looking forward to next season, anyway. It can't possibly be this bad. Well, unless we're not even in the Premier League. :lol:

It could conceivably be worse to be honest. The team won't play any better football, he'll run out of excuses and everyone will start to get restless.

Really looking forward to next season, anyway. It can't possibly be this bad. Well, unless we're not even in the Premier League. :lol:

It could conceivably be worse to be honest. The team won't play any better football, he'll run out of excuses and everyone will start to get restless.

But at least change could be on the horizon. :laugh:

Finishing 5th wasn't a fluke but he's clearly not going to have us anywhere near there again unless he changes his outlook. We were a bit of a surprise package and were incredibly difficult to beat until the wheels came off, then we bought him a shiny new striker who tore the league apart and pushed us back up the table. It was hardly a Pardew master-class past the first dozen games or so, after that he's shown to struggle massively in getting the team to adapt to new styles of play and his preferred cautious approach is now being ripped apart by the likes of Southampton and Wigan.

But at least change could be on the horizon. :laugh:

It'll end up being another season of transition, and we've seen far too many of those. He needs to be replaced as soon as the season ends.

the only way next season will be as bad, is if we win the europa and have to play in it again. But having won it, we will accept another 40 yeears of fuck all anyway.  win/win

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/388524/Manchester-City-4-Newcastle-0-Euro-lottery-turning-sour-for-Alan-Pardew

“We’ve approached every Europa League game to try to win it,” said Pardew. “You can fault us for that, but we think it’s the right approach and we will carry that forward into Thursday.

“But we have lost bodies in this campaign. It has cost us points and, without a shadow of a doubt, we would not be in this position if we were not in the Europa League.

“There are simply too many games in the competition for a Premier League team. I’m never going to change my opinion on that, even if we win the thing. It needs to be looked at. We’ve lost too many players through injury.

“Unless we win it, we won’t be in it next season and we won’t have that pressure, so we can compete for the top 10, top eight, top five.” Pardew is sure that Newcastle will survive, even though the Tyne-Wear derby on April 14 has taken on an extra edge with Sunderland reacting to their owntailspin by sacking Martin O’Neill.

“After the Stoke game I said that was an important win for us and put us in a position where I felt 40 points was achievable – and I have not changed my opinion,” said Pardew.

“But I’m sure people will stir it up and suck us into it.”

What an utterly pathetic excuse of a set of quotes.

Don't even know where to fucking start.

Agree with Polics earlier post and of course were we to have a season of mediocrity in the same negative fashion of playing, you can wave goodbye to our better players, if indeed they are still here after this season's debacle.

the only way next season will be as bad, is if we win the europa and have to play in it again. But having won it, we will accept another 40 yeears of f*** all anyway.  win/win

I actually believe even if we ( by some f*cking miracle) get to the final and are in Europe again next year it will be a lot easier for Pardew to deal with next season.

Firstly the squad is a lot stronger and players like Debuchy and Gouffran won't be cup tied, also i would hope we would buy some players in the summer  and lastly i refuse to believe we will get anywhere near as many key injuries again.

Guest bimpy474

We're not 3 points away from relegation due to injuries.

I honestly don't know if another manager could have done better given the same circumstances ???

Wat ?

We're not 3 points away from relegation due to injuries.

I honestly don't know if another manager could have done better given the same circumstances ???

Wat ?

:lol: It's unbelievable, man.

We're 3 points from relegation and went through a period where we picked up about half a dozen points from 30 (it might actually be worse than that).