Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest neesy111

Claims our attacking play was "excellent" on nufcTV.

Mental.

Did we create any chances through actual good play? Colo hit the bar from a set-piece, then he was unlucky to hit it again from an effort of his own making.

But in terms of making chances through good collective footballing play I can't remember anything. He seems to think our shit crosses into the box and tame efforts from distance because we can't actually create anything in an attacking sense constitutes good attacking play.

I'm sick of watching this shit every week, it's unbearable.

I remember once we got in behind them, that's it.  Did we actually have a clear cut chance all game?

I still rate him.

As he integrates Anita into the side we are playing better football. Hes an option for the back 4 to play it out to and we've launched it a lot less in the last 2 games as a result. I doubted Anita, but hes starting to prove me wrong.

With the ball on the deck more Ba and Cisse are starting to show signs they can play together. There is still a long way to go here though, but credit to Pardew for not giving up on it.

The intensity (and ability) of our midfield covered a multitude of deficiencies last year. Cabaye and Tiote consistently covered more ground than anyone on the pitch, and Jonas would run miles too. We would win 2nd balls, put sides under pressure and control the middle against all but the best teams. Consequently a team containing Obertan, Best, Simpson, Taylor went 11 unbeaten.

We just haven't had that this season. But I think Tiote is starting to get back to what he was and Anita may be able  to forge an effective partnership with him.

He is showing too much loyalty to Jonas though, and it is costing us. Hopefully Marveaux can follow Anita into the side and complete an absolute turn around from their horror 1st half at Everton.

Get Cabaye back and 1 or 2 players in January without losing anyone, and I'm hopeful we'll look very good for the cups and 2nd half of the season.

Improved 2nd half performances make it clear the players are still playing for him, and I see plenty of signs of improvement and reasons to be positive.

Really don't understand a lot of the criticism in this thread.

Not a bad post at all. Some of things Pardew does annoy me (Jonas over Marv, the terrible set pieces) but in general he is nowhere near as terrible as people are saying.

We've gone from pushing for a Champions League place to hoping we win a relegation 6-pointer the week after the champions batter us. It's a shite state of affairs and the bloke who makes all of the decisions is to blame for it.

I now instinctively look at the team below us to see who can catch us nowadays. I've written off top-half. I also know we'll go out of Europe shortly thanks to the surrender at home to Maritimo.

Don't give me this shite  like it's ok and we're all over-reacting to a small blip. It's been fucking awful, call a spade a fucking spade ffs.

We should have got something out of the game though. We didn't obviously, but that was down to a deflected shot, giving away a soft freekick and a bit of bad luck hitting the woodwork multiple times.

Obviously his position will be worse now because of a defeat, but I don't think he showed anything that should make the fans dislike him any more.

I do dislike him more because it's another game where we've failed to get anything out of.  It’s another game where 80% of our training on defence has gone to s***.  It's another game where he’s cluelessly (I know it’s not even a word) thrown on shola in an attempt to get something from a game while we know that will work 1 game in 5.

He's clueless and I think he's only 2 or 3 games from having no effect on the dressing room rather than the little effect he has now.  I’ll be absolutely amazed if the players aren’t pissing themselves laughing behind his back today after his twitter rant.

Is Pardew on twitter?

I still rate him.

As he integrates Anita into the side we are playing better football. Hes an option for the back 4 to play it out to and we've launched it a lot less in the last 2 games as a result. I doubted Anita, but hes starting to prove me wrong.

With the ball on the deck more Ba and Cisse are starting to show signs they can play together. There is still a long way to go here though, but credit to Pardew for not giving up on it.

The intensity (and ability) of our midfield covered a multitude of deficiencies last year. Cabaye and Tiote consistently covered more ground than anyone on the pitch, and Jonas would run miles too. We would win 2nd balls, put sides under pressure and control the middle against all but the best teams. Consequently a team containing Obertan, Best, Simpson, Taylor went 11 unbeaten.

We just haven't had that this season. But I think Tiote is starting to get back to what he was and Anita may be able  to forge an effective partnership with him.

He is showing too much loyalty to Jonas though, and it is costing us. Hopefully Marveaux can follow Anita into the side and complete an absolute turn around from their horror 1st half at Everton.

Get Cabaye back and 1 or 2 players in January without losing anyone, and I'm hopeful we'll look very good for the cups and 2nd half of the season.

Improved 2nd half performances make it clear the players are still playing for him, and I see plenty of signs of improvement and reasons to be positive.

Not a bad post at all. Some of things Pardew does annoy me (Jonas over Marv, the terrible set pieces) but in general he is nowhere near as terrible as people are saying.

How terrible are people saying he is? Terrible enough to have us in a relegation fight?

Well I don't know exactly, he seems to have been getting a lot of stick. You're conflating two things in the second question though, obviously we are in a bad situation in the league, but that doesn't automatically mean Pardew is a bad manager. Martinez is lauded for keeping Wigan up every season, when we finished fifth it didn't make Pardew amazing either.

Comparing us to Wigan is cringe worthy.

Just as well I didn't do that then.

Look, obviously I'm not going to get anywhere right now with any Pardew-positives because people are angry about the result. Fair enough. But I watched a decent performance marred by some individual mistakes and some luck going the wrong way. I didn't see a shambles or a team that demonstrates their manager is clueless.

It's not about individual results or performances any more though is it Ian? If we lose 4 of the next 5 (very likely, let's be honest), it doesn't matter how we play in each game, there's a point where we have to draw a line in the sand and move to preserve our Premier League status and for me, we're past that point and have been for a few weeks.

Guest neesy111

I didn't know their was a deflection on Ben Arfa's goal - haven't seen a replay.

It puts the back spin all the ball for it to dip in, otherwise it's going over.

I still rate him.

We've gone from pushing for a Champions League place to hoping we win a relegation 6-pointer the week after the champions batter us. It's a shite state of affairs and the bloke who makes all of the decisions is to blame for it.

I now instinctively look at the team below us to see who can catch us nowadays. I've written off top-half. I also know we'll go out of Europe shortly thanks to the surrender at home to Maritimo.

Don't give me this shite  like it's ok and we're all over-reacting to a small blip. It's been fucking awful, call a spade a fucking spade ffs.

Who was it who got us pushing for a Champions League place though? Was he clueless then, and just incredibly lucky?

Guest Dontooner

Ian W is on the payroll. Move along...

lol

Definitely one or two of this ass lickers are on pay rolls

Absolute shit is coming from their mouths

Should we fuck have got anything like. Every game we have a couple of half chances and the usual suspects claim it was a roaring success and that we've turned the corner and ignore the fact that Krul is pulling off at least two one-on-one saves a game that he has no right to make.

No away wins and we're in the middle of December ffs.

Wake up.

Exactly. It's a sign of a team that will be relegated, losing but then constantly saying "well we played better there like".

Guest neesy111

I still rate him.

Who was it who got us pushing for a Champions League place though? Was he clueless then, and just incredibly lucky?

If we finish anything below 12th then incredibly lucky.

I still rate him.

We've gone from pushing for a Champions League place to hoping we win a relegation 6-pointer the week after the champions batter us. It's a s**** state of affairs and the bloke who makes all of the decisions is to blame for it.

Don't give me this s****  like it's ok and we're all over-reacting to a small blip. It's been f***ing awful, call a spade a f***ing spade ffs.

:thup:

I still rate him.

The main reason I dislike Pardew is that its very hard to see any intelligent or logical thought behind his tactics, beyond personal preference. Even when we were going direct with Hughton, we had a game plan, i.e. getting Barton to hit long diagonals at our front men to get behind their defensive line, or setting the team up to benefit from Carroll's flick-ons. Our defence had a proper game plan too; remember the high line, which was actually effective at pressuring the other team off the ball quickly? Or our triple-layered defensive line which made us impregnable in some games? When Pardew took over he brought nothing new to the team for a while and we did just fine.

That, and he's a smug egoistic prick who will never learn from his mistakes or put any blame on himself ala Souness.

I still rate him.

How terrible are people saying he is? Terrible enough to have us in a relegation fight?

Well I don't know exactly, he seems to have been getting a lot of stick. You're conflating two things in the second question though, obviously we are in a bad situation in the league, but that doesn't automatically mean Pardew is a bad manager. Martinez is lauded for keeping Wigan up every season, when we finished fifth it didn't make Pardew amazing either.

Look, obviously I'm not going to get anywhere right now with any Pardew-positives because people are angry about the result. Fair enough. But I watched a decent performance marred by some individual mistakes and some luck going the wrong way. I didn't see a shambles or a team that demonstrates their manager is clueless.

It's not about individual results or performances any more though is it Ian? If we lose 4 of the next 5 (very likely, let's be honest), it doesn't matter how we play in each game, there's a point where we have to draw a line in the sand and move to preserve our Premier League status and for me, we're past that point and have been for a few weeks.

You could say that yeah, we would just have to agree to disagree.

I suppose if someone better was guaranteed to come in then I would be with you, I'm not wedded to Pardew. I just think he's earned some leeway and their are some signs of improvement over the last couple of games.

Obviously the results themselves have been terrible, and if you believe that that should be a reason to sack the manager then it's a valid point of view.

I still rate him.

We've gone from pushing for a Champions League place to hoping we win a relegation 6-pointer the week after the champions batter us. It's a s**** state of affairs and the bloke who makes all of the decisions is to blame for it.

Don't give me this s****  like it's ok and we're all over-reacting to a small blip. It's been f***ing awful, call a spade a f***ing spade ffs.

How shocking can we get until this excuse is worn out?

I still rate him.

The more I see and hear of him the more I'm convinced he was just winging it last season. 

I still rate him.

You could say that yeah, we would just have to agree to disagree.

I suppose if someone better was guaranteed to come in then I would be with you, I'm not wedded to Pardew. I just think he's earned some leeway and their are some signs of improvement over the last couple of games.

Obviously the results themselves have been terrible, and if you believe that that should be a reason to sack the manager then it's a valid point of view.

Youdontsay.jpeg

I still rate him.

How shocking can we get until this excuse is worn out?

Isn't it a valid point though?

One amazing season and one poor half-season. Who's to say that the negative one is the real evidence?

The problem in sacking him is that there's no one better available mid season. I still say we stick with him and buy couple of players in January. If the second half of the season is as abysmal as the first we sack him and have all summer to find a proper replacement.