Alan Pardew

Dave

From my experience 'in the stands' the discontent is just as much aimed towards the board as much as it is Pardew.

I've heard plenty of people venting about Pardew when coming out of the ground and walking down Barrack Road after the match.

dont know if this have been discussed or explained, but i didn´t find that strange that arfa was subbed. Maybe planned before the game...no need to push after an injury...maybe that was the reason.

But putting Shola on with 20 -25 minutes left is probably the most stupid thing he has done so far. Marveaux should have been on and continued what arfa started.

I've given up with him now. This game week is now over and we are two points off the drop zone with impossible fixtures taking us right up to January 2nd, although we lost 5 winnable fixtures in the last few weeks so it's probably beyond that. Any manager who takes that squad of players and ends up in a relegation battle isn't good enough for the job.

The main problem is two-fold ; Pardew has demonstrated,at least for me, that he isn't going to cut the mustard as a topclass manager - that much is obvious by the constant below-par performances he gets from players who should be doing better added to the one-dimensional style of play which doesn't produce many chances.

The second part of the problem is that the people above him clearly have NO idea of how to run a football club the size of NUFC - they have demonstrated this time and again by their stupid decisions and a transfer policy which has been myopic at best and niggardly at worst.

Pardew is performing to type if you look back at his record with other clubs, but the crux of the matter is that very few fans trust the owner/MD to be able to replace him with anyone better....that is why he still hasn't really come in for flak from the fans, but I have no doubt that a series of bad performances/defeats over the next few games is going to change all that.

Given that both manager and board suit each other for differing reasons, we are unlikely to see him fired unless we are rooted in the bottom 3 by mid-Jan...even then, there is little chance that anyone decent would be either available or want the job, esp if the Jan transfer money has been spent so I reckon we are stuck with the situation for the foreseeable future.

There is a chance - a good chance - that this mess will lead to relegation and at the very least, the better players wanting to leave the club...some of them undoubtedly do already.

Seeing loads of key players leaving last time wasn't that bad because I didn't like them and they weren't that good anyway. The players who'd leave this time are some of my favourite ever players.

However, If we kept this squad and appointed a good manager it'd be like the Keegan days  :sweetjesus:

The main problem is two-fold ; Pardew has demonstrated,at least for me, that he isn't going to cut the mustard as a topclass manager - that much is obvious by the constant below-par performances he gets from players who should be doing better added to the one-dimensional style of play which doesn't produce many chances.

The second part of the problem is that the people above him clearly have NO idea of how to run a football club the size of NUFC - they have demonstrated this time and again by their stupid decisions and a transfer policy which has been myopic at best and niggardly at worst.

Pardew is performing to type if you look back at his record with other clubs, but the crux of the matter is that very few fans trust the owner/MD to be able to replace him with anyone better....that is why he still hasn't really come in for flak from the fans, but I have no doubt that a series of bad performances/defeats over the next few games is going to change all that.

Given that both manager and board suit each other for differing reasons, we are unlikely to see him fired unless we are rooted in the bottom 3 by mid-Jan...even then, there is little chance that anyone decent would be either available or want the job, esp if the Jan transfer money has been spent so I reckon we are stuck with the situation for the foreseeable future.

There is a chance - a good chance - that this mess will lead to relegation and at the very least, the better players wanting to leave the club...some of them undoubtedly do already.

Agree with all of that. The people saying that Pardew needs time aren't taking into account that a very low finish or relegation is going to gut the first team immediately. It will be really sad to have to watch next years carry on without the likes of Hatem.

Agree with all of that. The people saying that Pardew needs time aren't taking into account that a very low finish or relegation is going to gut the first team immediately. It will be really sad to have to watch next years carry on without the likes of Hatem.

Spot on.

I agreed with most of that apart from the relegation scenario. I'm far more concerned that we'll end up losing key players because the owners are too heavily invested in a manager who might fit their pay structure but who has fuck all idea how to assemble the complex parts delivered by the club's scouting policy.

Pardew is sooo up himself in every way. He has blamed our poor season on every f***ing thing in universe and beyond, except himself. He sounds like as if he's got absolutely nothing to do with anything that is not very good or f***ing awful.

Take some responsibility, at least sometime. Nah, just fuck off!