Alan Pardew

Dave

Investment in the defense and we'll be absolutely fine. Our attacking play has improved a hell of a lot and we're scoring a lot of goals, with players to come back.

Yes Pardew's totally ballsed up and i've lost almost all faith in that he's the manager to take us forward... but for the meantime, he's capable of keeping us up - providing he doesn't have to make in-game decisions regarding the defense.

If he didn't have woeful defenders to try and tactically protect, we wouldn't have lost either game. I'm not excusing his decisions, i'm just saying his lack of tactical nouse has been totally exacerbated by some of the abysmal, shamefully bad players he's had to manage.

I'm pretty much with you on that but if Pardew is to be believed then he's partly responsible for having only shit defenders at his disposal. If we don't sign a RB and at least one CB next month then any last ounce of faith I have in him or the board will evaporate.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm taking the positives from today

Against weaker teams we will be able to shore things up

In a weird way these last 2 games he has gone up in my estimations

Lets just hope he won't totally chicken out after conceding a few goals and go back to his tried and trusted 4-4-2

Transfer market Pardew quote prediction competition:

Jan 1: "want to bring in 3 players"

Jan 10th: "want to bring in 2/3 players"

Jan 20th: "will bring in 1 player for certain, maybe another 2"

Jan 20th: "hope to bring in 1 player, maybe 2"

Jan 25th: "working hard to sign a player

Jan 28th: "trying to sign players, but difficult"

Deadline day: "we tried"

Genuine question.

Do people really think if we play the same way we have done the last 5-6 games over the course of the next 19 games, we'll only average a point a game like we have?

Eh?

I'm asking because I'd only consider replacing Pardew at this stage if we were in real danger of going down. If I thought we'd only average a point a game from now until May I'd do that. I just don't see that myself, can see us making around the same total as the season before last.

I'm asking because I'd only consider replacing Pardew at this stage if we were in real danger of going down. If I thought we'd only average a point a game from now until May I'd do that. I just don't see that myself, can see us making around the same total as the season before last.

Where do you see our points coming from?

Do you not think the players performance has raised due only to the quality of the opposition?

Transfer market Pardew quote prediction competition:

Jan 1: "want to bring in 3 players"

Jan 10th: "want to bring in 2/3 players"

Jan 20th: "will bring in 1 player for certain, maybe another 2"

Jan 20th: "hope to bring in 1 player, maybe 2"

Jan 25th: "working hard to sign a player

Jan 28th: "trying to sign players, but difficult"

Deadline day: "we tried"

Aye. Pretty much nailed on.

Pardew learning from his mistakes and become a better manager is honestly far more likely than the board appointing a new manager that anyone on here will like.

He has my support until I'm convinced otherwise.

So basically it's...... yao jumping off a cliff?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Do you not think the players performance has raised due only to the quality of the opposition?

I actually thing having a creative influence in the middle of the park has had a huge impact

Marvel in this form would create against anyone, even more so against weaker opposition

I'm more confident about our ability to win games after the last couple of performances. Yes we shipped a bucketload of goals today but we actually dominated possession in the first half and looked dangerous. I can't see many teams outside the top 6 being able to live with us if we keep playing like that.

Still hanging on to my last thread of optimism

How I'm feeling at the moment. Was very pleased with the way we played for the vast majority of the game today. Have to hope Pardew will stick with the formation/style seen in the last two games, despite the results.

We can't win away from home, we can't come from behind, we can't defend, our biggest attacking goal threat is in danger of leaving, our second biggest attacking threat is injured - his replacement will probably be back on the bench when Jonas gets fit again.

How exactly are we going to be fine?!

Where do you see our points coming from?

You're right, we won't win any games playing like this, let's just sack him.