Alan Pardew

Dave

Not being funny, and I know it includes Hughton in the Championship, but...

Hughton - P64  W38  D11  L15 59.38%

Pardew - P66  W28  D19  L19 42.42%

Sort of stupid comparison for the reasons you already stated..... majority of Hughton's defeats was in the PL and majority of his wins was in the championship.

I'm not happy with Pardew either at the moment but lets not go there.

Thought he'd be getting more stick than he did at the game today tbf, only heard one little radgie kid shout anything and he got told to shut his face  :lol:

Same here. The group I was sitting with took the view that Ashley had hung him out to dry over the summer and there was little Pardew could do to turn things around with the players at his disposal.

The thing is, even if we do manage to bring in a striker, a CB, Debuchy and, by some miracle a CM I'd still not be confident that Pardew would get us the results we need to avoid a relegation scrap.

Getting rid won't solve anything. Hope he can turn it around(and in surprise most of us that he is capable)

That's not true but I do understand why some are worried about what we'd replace him with.

Guest Rey Mysterio

When you think about it, we're lucky to have as many points as we do. Everton's disallowed goal at Goodison, Cisse's goal off his arse against WBA, both helped paper over cracks at the time but they're wide open for all to see now.

Getting rid won't solve anything. Hope he can turn it around(and in surprise most of us that he is capable)

How long do we keep saying that we hope he can turn it round?

I mean, we all do. I don't think anyone cares who is in charge as long as we do well and win. But it's getting ridiculous now and he's showing no signs whatsoever of learning from his mistakes.

Wasn't there something a couple of years ago that finishing in the top 10 was a target every season? I wonder if he will be sacked when we finish well away from 10th this season. Despite the mess that is this season, I still fear for next year if Pardew is still here because if we lose some of our better players in the summer and have a team of lesser quality we are definitely going down.

Wasn't there something a couple of years ago that finishing in the top 10 was a target every season? I wonder if he will be sacked when we finish well away from 10th this season. Despite the mess that is this season, I still fear for next year if Pardew is still here because if we lose some of our better players in the summer and have a team of lesser quality we are definitely going down.

this is the baffling thing though, if we lost say cabaye and HBA and replaced them with people who were suited to pardew's horrific "tactics" we probably wouldn't get relegated

but as it is we're signing top class technical footballers and asking them to emulate wimbledon circa 1988 week in week out

it's fucking pitiful really

We can't get rid of Pardew - we'll replace him with someone who will get us relegated.

Er.... :lol:

:thup: I'd much rather the club took a fucking roll of the dice and failed than let us sink like a stone.

Could be a case of it being his last chance as well though tbf.

Possibly, but I just can't see Lithe Mike being so on the fence when he's planning on spending money. Writing off January signings in June would literally kill him.

Having said all this I don't even think Pardew has much say in transfers anyway and the next manager would have similar control levels so maybe it wouldn't be too much upheaval.

We can't get rid of Pardew - we'll replace him with someone who will get us relegated.

:thup: I'd much rather the club took a f***ing roll of the dice and failed than let us sink like a stone.

Changing it didn't work last time - and Kinnear was a far lesser manager (at that point) than Pardew, fwiw. I'd much rather we maintain stability because any 'manager' coming into this mess will take 10 games to figure out that Danny Simpson isn't England class and Shola hasn't 'got every attribute going'.

We'll end up with some c*** like Neil Warnock who'll put the players in ice baths and drop Coloccini for a bigger lad and p*ss away point after point - not even winning the easy ones. Pardew needs to go in the summer but we're best off with him until then.

in fairness, we're pissing away point after point now aren't we?  and we have a manager who seems to think shola is falcao :lol:

anyway it's an obvious thing to say but unless we were guaranteed a manager with an ounce of common sense then we have to stick with pardew, i agree with that

can't think of anyone available right now who we could even get, suppose curbishley is out of work :anguish:

:thup: I'd much rather the club took a f***ing roll of the dice and failed than let us sink like a stone.

Changing it didn't work last time - and Kinnear was a far lesser manager (at that point) than Pardew, fwiw. I'd much rather we maintain stability because any 'manager' coming into this mess will take 10 games to figure out that Danny Simpson isn't England class and Shola hasn't 'got every attribute going'.

We'll end up with some c*** like Neil Warnock who'll put the players in ice baths and drop Coloccini for a bigger lad and p*ss away point after point - not even winning the easy ones. Pardew needs to go in the summer but we're best off with him until then.

I just feel like they've either got a good recruitment plan or they haven't. I know generally speaking, there's more chance of getting a manager to jump ship in the summer than mid-season. But do you trust that this board is savvy enough to get a better manager in in the summer than they'd get now? Because I feel like the choice will be so fucking random that we might as well just get it out of the way now. :dontknow: Call it pure fucking apathy. :lol:

The more i reflect on Pardew's smooth talking in the press (ie. all the observations of lack of fluidity in attack, movement) the level of respect i have for Kinnear & Pulis grows, by default really. Pulis is just a c***, i had a soft spot for Kinnear though (in Crazy Gang Days) because he was more of a loveable rogue.

They're anti- football c***s but at least they never hid behind an avalanche of psuedo talk of how football should be played. I hate their philosophies, but they never pretended to be something they weren't.  In contrast Pulis and Kinnear were able to foster the 'you all hate my bruising antifootball, but you can all get f***ed'  rebellious attitude into the fibres of their clubs, and they accomplished this with great effect.

At least JK and TP's Us vs The Football World galvanised what were mostly blue-collar/british playing lists, and the supporters embraced it wholeheartedly.  Pardew has neither on both fronts ie. Carr's collection of technical footballers from the continent, and a supporter base that will have a gutfull of this in time.

The fact that he's still in charge now and we're giving "him" money to spend surely means he's here for the long haul  :jonas2:

The bigger problem isn't his 8 year contract, it's that Ashley and Llambias have shown no clue that they know how to appoint a football manager. So even if we sack him what's the chances they'll make a good appointment? All we can really do is buy enough good players and hope that Pardew picks enough of them in the right positions to win enough points to keep us up. From what I've seen the less management Pardew does, the better our chances.

I'm really holding on to the last of my patience with him now. It's so difficult when he does things like starting Shola and playing him for 90 minutes, keeping our lethal finisher out wide, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

We're constantly being told (by him) that because we're Newcastle there are a few teams we just can't compete with financially, and I accept that. There's even the fact that we're in the north east which could put players off who'd rather live in London, and I accept that too. The thing is though, we need to make up for these factors by having a manager who can make us more than the sum of our parts, the manager should be giving us an edge over opponents that we're fairly equal too, and giving us a fighting chance against the massive clubs.

He's not doing any of that. I expect us to pick up a few results in the next couple of months, but I don't think it'll be anything to do with him.