Alan Pardew

Dave

Has this been posted?

"From Grim's final season...

Souness - P24 W7 D5 L12 PTS 26

Pardew - P21 W5 D5 L11 PTS 20"

It's time for Paolo...

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/resources/images/1811832/?type=articleLandscape

Just as an aside - do people think Ashley and Llambias are on board with Pardew's successful mission to throw the game today, or was Pardew trying to hide it?

He'll be getting a magnum of champagne from them, I don't doubt.

I couldn't give a toss about his record against Poyet. :lol: I'm more worried about his record against the other Premier League teams. What dd Poyet do when he came up against Kenny Dalglish in the next round last year? Oh yeah: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17001835

:lol: You're the one crowing for us to appoint a very average Championship manager. "He's better than Pardew" ffs. Wow! What credentials!

So who would you recommend? A straight answer would be helpful.

Guest chicken little

He's doing a good job Di Canio despite being a mentalist.

maybe i'm old-fashioned, but i'd stick with any pile of shite over getting a self-confessed fascist in, like

he still here? ffs

talking about replacing him and the list of available managers di matteo is literally the only choice to the end of the season if you ask me...just proved he can galvanise a team to achieve something short-term

question is would he want to work for another arsehole and/or another short-term gig?

Not convinced about that, pretty certain there would be plenty of foreign coaches that would take the job( our set up is very continental anyway)

The thing is would Ashley and his chronies have a clue who to target, but i'm pretty certain there would be plenty of coaches across Europe who would be interested especially French.

With how we are setup we don't need a manager anyway.

not really sure they would have anticipated having a long-term managerial candidate requirement so soon, given their faith in pardew so if he went i'd expect another kinnear-esque short-term appointment to the end of the season

as stated, not sure you'd get much better than di matteo for that

We all - at least, 90% of us according to the poll - know that Pardew isn't up to the job after having 2 years at a club and his record proves that.

We all also know that he suits Llambias and Ashley down to the ground and for that reason - and that reason alone - he won't be going anywhere unless we lose against Reading and Villa because Ashley will then start worrying about the financial implications of relegation.

I just wonder how much humiliation is going to be heaped on the fans' heads before a large percentage finally lose patience and either walk or start getting on Pardew's back as well as the board.

Make no mistake, the admission of defeat by selection of a poor side against a second-rate club who did the same to us in the same stage of the Cup last season is shameful for a club the size of Newcastle United and even with the team selected we should have been able to get a result at Brighton, let alone be comprehensively beaten once again.

You can understand a club like Wigan having to make do and mend in order to try to stay in the PL, but one that regularly gets 50,000 through the gates ? Come on....

Whether people accept it or not, we are a laughing stock of a club currently - rubbished by Ferguson, Ba leaving and also denigrating us by implication, crawling back to get Debuchy after messing it up in the summer for a mess of pottage and meekly accepting defeat to Brighton...not to mention conceding 13 goals in 3 PL games.....

It has now got to the stage where you start thinking 'where to after this'?.....

Up until 1981, we held the joint record for the most FA Cup wins in the history of the competition with 6....now, there is nothing so sure that we will be out before the 5th round - in the 80s, a joke started which was to the effect that a tea-bag was in the cup longer than NUFC...you can see why this started.

It is hard to see an end to the sort of humiliation that the fans of the club have suffered over the past season and all that is left is a relegation battle and a hope that we don't get drawn against a decent side in Europe but unless we lose the 2 crucial games in the PL which are coming up, Pardew will still be here in April because the clowns at the top know nobody else worth having will join them - De Canio wouldn't last 5 minutes working under either of them.