Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest neesy111

Someone should dig up Pardew's quotes from a few days ago that were praising the fans, just to show how quickly the man will use something as an excuse.

:thup:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2265519/Alan-Pardew-wants-sign-new-players-transfer-window.html

'It’s been a tough scenario, but it’s not something that fazes me.

'You don’t want the stadium booing your substitutions but that’s what I have to accept and I will.

'I’ll be fine when I go back to work - probably in an hour.

'I have good staff and good players, but they need a boost. We’ve lost to a team who are below us and that has put us under pressure and put me under pressure.

'I will do what I have to do and do it well: I have to be strong and make sure my players are strong.

'If we had seven games left, I would be worried, but we’ve got a lot of games and we’re getting our heads around it.

'We spoke about how the stadium can turn on one moment, which it did really.

'We have to be able to cope with that. I think our stadium is a little bit more intimidating than others and you have to accept you’re going to get setbacks in games, even when you’re winning.

'It will be important to get as good a points total as possible before then, but I think we’ll be more hardened to the situation.'

:undecided:

We've lost to everyone else as well Alan, you useless twat. Still blaming the stadium as well I see. It wasn't his mentality or substitutions that changed the game, it was the fans.

Honestly man, this cunt is Souness in drag.

My immediate fury from Saturday having subsided a bit I do pity the man a little. He had the chance to achieve so much here, totally change his legacy as a football manager, but all of that's gone down the drain in an alarmingly rapid fashion.

It's also not untrue that he's had a lot of bad fortune. When unfortunate things start happening one after another, it's very easy to start thinking that the whole world is against you and that affects you a lot mentally. That "woe is me" feeling is probably why he's turned into an excuse machine lately.

That said, it's his own fault that he's adapted to a bad situation in the worst way humanly imaginable. No one would even be talking about sacking him if we were something like 13th or 14th with a comfortable 9 point buffer off the drop zone, which would be deeply disappointing but still vaguely forgivable given our injuries and bad form.

As it is, no amount of bad luck can explain away the embarrassing situation we find ourselves in right now and as much as I wish things had been different with him, ultimately the buck has to stop with Pardew.

My immediate fury from Saturday having subsided a bit I do pity the man a little. He had the chance to achieve so much here, totally change his legacy as a football manager, but all of that's gone down the drain in an alarmingly rapid fashion.

It's also not untrue that he's had a lot of bad fortune. When unfortunate things start happening one after another, it's very easy to start thinking that the whole world is against you and that affects you a lot mentally. That "woe is me" feeling is probably why he's turned into an excuse machine lately.

That said, it's his own fault that he's adapted to a bad situation in the worst way humanly imaginable. No one would even be talking about sacking him if we were something like 13th or 14th with a comfortable 9 point buffer off the drop zone, which would be deeply disappointing but still vaguely forgivable given our injuries and bad form.

As it is, no amount of bad luck can explain away the embarrassing situation we find ourselves in right now and as much as I wish things had been different with him, ultimately the buck has to stop with Pardew.

Good post.

Someone should dig up Pardew's quotes from a few days ago that were praising the fans, just to show how quickly the man will use something as an excuse.

Yeah, somebody should dig up everything Pardew's ever said and dissect it to a microscopic degree without any context so they can whinge on about it.

Oh hang on, that's already happened.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, somebody should dig up everything Pardew's ever said and dissect it to a microscopic degree without any context so they can whinge on about it.

Typical dig at other fans by yourself as usual Ian, you're starting to turn into a broken record.

Typical dig at other fans by yourself as usual Ian, you're starting to turn into a broken record.

Mate, I don't know how you have the cheek to even post that.

Guest firetotheworks

What a daft thing to say.

Good post.

What a daft thing to say.

I try to be reasonable most of the time, but sometimes I need to vent.

Guest tollemache

There are an awful lot more vehemently anti-Pardew broken records on here than than there are any other kind. Given the no. 1 topic of discussion on here is the varying degrees to which people dislike Pardew and want him out, talking about broken records doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean the whole forum is a broken record if you want to look at it that way, right?

There are an awful lot more vehemently anti-Pardew broken records on here than than there are any other kind. Given the no. 1 topic of discussion on here is the varying degrees to which people dislike Pardew and want him out, talking about broken records doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean the whole forum is a broken record if you want to look at it that way, right?

Yes, but for some reason the negative ones expect to get away with it. The amount of smug one-word posts, thumbs ups and lols that the anti-Pardew stuff gets is unreal - if that's not childish/irrelevant/daft then I don't know what is.

Like I say, I try to be reasonable most of the time.

Everyone on here saying Pardew should go, who would you like to replace him. Not many candidates out there for me (certainly not many who would be willing to work within the constraints of Ashleys regime)

Guest strongbow69

could somebody reasonably explain the managements penchant to sit back on a lead regardless of the opposition, an over arcing tactic we,ve seen employed this entire season  :hmm: