Alan Pardew

Dave

It's disappointing that he hasn't gone today, or last night. If he isn't gone tomorrow then I think he'll be here until the end of the season at least. The future with Pardew is very worrying, either he keeps us up and we go in to next season expecting to sink without a trace, or he takes us in to the Championship and we fanny about outside of the top 6. Ashley needs to get real and push the button.

If he doesn't go then any potential signngs (if we get any of note) will just mask over his faults.  Just like all the players last season that had purple patches at the same time.

From the first couple of pre-season games, I could just tell it was going to be a god awful season. Players looking unfit and totally disinterested, and so it has continued.

If Ashley gets some quality in and then drops this chump for a proper coach, I just might believe he'd want us to succeed.

In other years where we've been poor I've not liked a lot of the squad, but this year is different. Got such good memories from most of the players, it'll be 100x worse than when we were relegated last time, I'd be gutted to see this squad broken up. It is all on the manager this time

Yip - I feel we're about 3 or 4 players and a decent manager away from something pretty special actually.  And amazingly we look like adding at least 2 qulaaity players in  this, the window of the lowest ebb.  Weird stuff

In other years where we've been poor I've not liked a lot of the squad, but this year is different. Got such good memories from most of the players, it'll be 100x worse than when we were relegated last time, I'd be gutted to see this squad broken up. It is all on the manager this time

Have to agree with this. Last time I was almost (I repeat: Almost) pleased when we went down because we could get rid of some of the cancerous dross that was holding us back. If we went down this year it would be heartbreaking to see the likes of HBA, Krul, Cabaye, Cisse, Coloccini, Santon and Debuchy leave.

Have to agree with this. Last time I was almost (I repeat: Almost) pleased when we went down because we could get rid of some of the cancerous dross that was holding us back. If we went down this year it would be heartbreaking to see the likes of HBA, Krul, Cabaye, Cisse, Coloccini, Santon and Debuchy leave.

Pretty sure we'll go down at this point and we'll lose them all, we won't replace enough again and we'll have way too thin a squad for the championship and potentially plummet further

ok I've given myself over 24 hours to calm down to really figure out my position on Pardew in or out and I'm utterly undecided and if a gun was put to my head to state my position I'd probably lean towards in for now. So I'm going to categorise my reasons he should go or stay

Reasons he should go

-10 losses in 13, no manager should be surprised if he got the bullet after that kind of record.

-Blaming the fans, stupid stupid stupid thing for anyone to say

-singling out younger players for criticism, unneccesary

-strange line ups and subs

Reasons he should stay

-Lack of credible realistic replacements, when Mark Hughes is the best available theres problems

-We are still producing performances, maybe not for an entire match but the team is still playing well often and its down to daft individual mistakes we've lost a few matchs

-A lot of this bad period we've had some major injury problems and thanks to a wasted summer we don't have the squad to deal with it-he's not the one who holds responsibility for the summer transfer failure and while injuries are not the sole reason and indeed his reaction to it or lack thereof has been troubling it is a contributing factor

-Last seasons performance, this will probably get a lot of ridicule but ultimately it has to be a factor in whether he should stay or go, some will say it was a fluke a one off but I don't think its likely that you can fluke some of the performances we showed last season, yes we had luck with injuries but as much as this seasons problems aren't the whole reason behind the bad form, the lack of injuries were not the whole reason behind the good form.

I could have listed more for each side but 4 seems enough for now. I did expand more on the reasons he should stay as the reasons he should go have been well argued in the last 24 hours and I do believe some case for the defence should be made. This post will probably get forum wide ridicule but hey ho.

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/720459168.jpg?key=524657&Expires=1358724075&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=hGE~WMfXNL8tBgNbp~6Aod9g9ESIDu7W8sQRvVZ13xcuuhYJFCWSjnkjdobS4IkW7Q9oNpBuagvThwPypDmu87SnRUTZu3WrXYYBOo5kI4tdWcJq-4BtD2mqsGwZz-PBd6vmyi1m9Nf5oJSBI0g~oAUHhhZ-tjMe4kr7W-Cq6bA_

ok I've given myself over 24 hours to calm down to really figure out my position on Pardew in or out and I'm utterly undecided and if a gun was put to my head to state my position I'd probably lean towards in for now. So I'm going to categorise my reasons he should go or stay

Reasons he should go

-10 losses in 13, no manager should be surprised if he got the bullet after that kind of record.

-Blaming the fans, stupid stupid stupid thing for anyone to say

-singling out younger players for criticism, unneccesary

-strange line ups and subs

Reasons he should stay

-Lack of credible realistic replacements, when Mark Hughes is the best available theres problems

-We are still producing performances, maybe not for an entire match but the team is still playing well often and its down to daft individual mistakes we've lost a few matchs

-A lot of this bad period we've had some major injury problems and thanks to a wasted summer we don't have the squad to deal with it-he's not the one who holds responsibility for the summer transfer failure and while injuries are not the sole reason and indeed his reaction to it or lack thereof has been troubling it is a contributing factor

-Last seasons performance, this will probably get a lot of ridicule but ultimately it has to be a factor in whether he should stay or go, some will say it was a fluke a one off but I don't think its likely that you can fluke some of the performances we showed last season, yes we had luck with injuries but as much as this seasons problems aren't the whole reason behind the bad form, the lack of injuries were not the whole reason behind the good form.

I could have listed more for each side but 4 seems enough for now. I did expand more on the reasons he should stay as the reasons he should go have been well argued in the last 24 hours and I do believe some case for the defence should be made. This post will probably get forum wide ridicule but hey ho.

Fair enough is that IMO.

Reasons he should stay

No, he's not. Why do people keep saying this?

whos a more credible option who's realistic based on the fact I think there is 0 chance of going for anyone in a job?