Alan Pardew

Dave

I can't stand having him in charge anymore, it's like no matter how well we do, nothing is ever safe.

I can only hope we scrape survival and replace him in the summer.

Doesn't feel like a corner turned or anything, he is simply out of his depth and turned what should have been an easy three points into a desperate and scraped over-achievement.

penny starting to drop with people just how clueless this cunt is now i see

problem now is this result buys him the spurs and chelsea games in the event the players can't drag us to any points in spite of this man...if pardew's tactics start to bite after those games the new lads might not be able to save us i'm afraid

I said to a few friends after the Reading game we'd be relegated 100% unless Pardew left or we signed some really good players to counter his atrocious management.  Luckily we did get some good players in but its still looking difficult with him in charge.

The French players have arrived with enough coaching (from their former clubs) not to be a danger to us till that wears off. ;)

I was thinking that watch Sissoko do this thing where he passes the ball, and then he does thing where he runs immediately after instead of standing still.

Evidence (if ever it were needed and frankly, if you think it was, you need to give your head a shake) that our disgusting performances this season are nothing to do with lack of investment and everything to do with the coward in the dugout.

Just cannot get my head around this argument.

What about the first-half then? Would have been interesting viewing without Gouffran and Sissoko on the field.

For the record, I agree that Pardew is pants.

Games don't last for one half though, that's Pardew's problem. His problem isn't necessarily getting the team playing, it's getting them playing for 90 minutes, it's getting them playing when we're behind and getting them playing when we're in front. :lol:

When something actually happens on the pitch, them scoring, us scoring, a substitution, them making a pass, he absolutely shits himself. We are a million miles from being the worst team in the league but we're by far the least effective in terms of actually getting results relative to the squad. We'd actually be better with a load of cloggers because that's what he knows - that's why he picks Perch and Shola so consistently.

This is two games in a row against, imo, the two worst teams in the league that we've lost one and deserved to lose the other having been winning without breaking sweat at half time. He's by far the worst manager in the league this season at actually getting points given what he has to work with.

Nailed it.

Nail on head.

He was given Tevez and Mascherano, look what happened then. No reason whatsoever to field the likes of Shola or Jonas. They're finished.

Credit to Lambert. He really fired his team up, made astute changes, got them believing they could get something from the game and they nearly did. Considering the age of their team too.

If they do go down but keep the core of the players, i think they'll bounce back up and much better side. Can see why he's highly rated.

There's giving credit where it's due, and there's taking it too far. He might end up a good manager, but he left out the two players who would clearly hurt us most and he set up his midfield to be dominated from the off.

First half they were limp, you're right. But the way he changed it, wow. End up a good manager? He IS a good manager. Despite that, i think they could go down. To give everything the way they did and still lose. They'll be shagged next game.

I understand why he's rated, but to me he's actually actively pursuing relegation. He's playing young players when they aren't really ready, and he's putting them in complicated formations they can't really handle.

Fair enough if they are prepared for relegation, but it might be very expensive for them.

I completely get what you're saying. I think in some ways it might be good for them to spend a season in the Championship. I think they'll dominate (if they keep the players he likes), gel as a team and come up a better prepared side. They've some good footballers there, but, as you said, too many of them are young, inexperienced and clearly feeling the pressure. Bit too emotional.

Yep, longer term they might end up stronger for it.

As you said though, it's a very long term view!!

I try and support Pardew as much as I can, but Cissé on the wing? I mean, honestly? Almost a sackable offence in itself.

He was out wide first half too...when we dominated the game, took a 2 goal lead and Cisse himself was one of the scorers.

Must have been watching a different game to me, mate.

The French players have arrived with enough coaching (from their former clubs) not to be a danger to us till that wears off. ;)

i think this is our best fucking hope

and teasy yeah, been saying it myself since before reading..if we stay up i'll give pardew no credit whatsoever given he's created this set of circumstances himself almost entirely imho

I try and support Pardew as much as I can, but Cissé on the wing? I mean, honestly? Almost a sackable offence in itself.

He was out wide first half too...when we dominated the game, took a 2 goal lead and Cisse himself was one of the scorers.

Aye, me too.

I was thinking that watch Sissoko do this thing where he passes the ball, and then he does thing where he runs immediately after instead of standing still.

We are like a real life subbuteo team at times. 

He was given Tevez and Mascherano, look what happened then. No reason whatsoever to field the likes of Shola or Jonas. They're finished.

that's a stick i'm not willing to beat him with, and i'm one of his biggest critics

that whole thing was a fucking circus

I can't beleive some of the utter crap spouted on here, so all of a sudden Cabaye, Colo, Taylor, Santon, Anita, Jonas, Cisse all became incapable of playing a pass and were suddenly masters of the converted try attempt.... Jeez!

Villa were playing well and with momentum in the second half, our confidence is shot and we couldn't answer with a passing game (which is what we should have done)... Don't blame it all on Pardiue... there are others responsible aswell!

Very rarely is anyone 100% responsible for anything.  But when you're manager consistently causes your team as many problems as possible it certainly doesn't fucking help!

Evidence (if ever it were needed and frankly, if you think it was, you need to give your head a shake) that our disgusting performances this season are nothing to do with lack of investment and everything to do with the coward in the dugout.

What about the first-half then? Would have been interesting viewing without Gouffran and Sissoko on the field.

Games don't last for one half though, that's Pardew's problem. His problem isn't necessarily getting the team playing, it's getting them playing for 90 minutes, it's getting them playing when we're behind and getting them playing when we're in front. :lol:

When something actually happens on the pitch, them scoring, us scoring, a substitution, them making a pass, he absolutely shits himself. We are a million miles from being the worst team in the league but we're by far the least effective in terms of actually getting results relative to the squad. We'd actually be better with a load of cloggers because that's what he knows - that's why he picks Perch and Shola so consistently.

This is two games in a row against, imo, the two worst teams in the league that we've lost one and deserved to lose the other having been winning without breaking sweat at half time. He's by far the worst manager in the league this season at actually getting points given what he has to work with.

To add to that, what's more worrying is that we quite often start games quite well, but the longer the game goes on, the more we fall apart. The opposition manager adjusts his team and then we are left floundering and resorting to making stupid changes which make no sense whatsoever. We concede an equaliser at home against Reading and he brings a defender on to shore it up (:lol:) and today we concede the midfield in the second half and he brings a big target man on and takes off a midfielder. It's insane.

Tbf, i do think we'd have played a lot better if Marveaux had played today. Think he'd have got an assist or possibly even a goal.

Yup Marveux for Guti and it would have been 3/4 goals in the first half.

Did we not dominate the first half?

He'd deserve fuck all credit for keeping us up because we're a team who should be challenging in the top 8.

Credit to Pards for turning a potential European side into PL strugglers, gotta hand it to him. We have a majority of players who are first team internationals FFS.

Guest hobshobs

I think villa in the second half played some very good football, were first into the tackle and went sink or swim... We just weren't able to counter that, we should have kept calm and passed the ball around to take the sting out of them but we panicked and got brittle again.

Don't actually think it was so much to do with his substitutions, although I was asking for jonas to be subbed, more that our confidence is so brittle.

Really?  :lol:  His substitutions were mind boggling.

Not at all, there was genuine reason behind them, just not his fault that we are so brittle we treat the ball like a hot potato when under a little bit of pressure.

Shola Turned out to be completely useless at the only thing he normally does well...

I wouldn't have taken gouffran off, jonas would have gone if I were the manager, but well...

Shola literally had to hold off the entire Aston Villa defence on his own, what was he supposed to do? There's absolutely no point in playing a (lone) target man when you're trying to counter.

The entire defence? Get real man. He's that s*** teams don't even bother marking him tightly. Even if he managed to control a ball first time it would take him ten minutes to turn and move, never mind get a shot away. Not even good enough for League Two.

:thup:

Fair enough, but I think the more good players we have the better - regardless of who the manager is. The difference it's made having Debuchy in there and Cabaye back has been pretty large already and now we've got the added influx of Gouffran, Sissoko and Yanga-Mbiwa. I can't see it doing anything other than helping us.

We're at a low, low ebb but we've somehow managed to come away with 3 points there - largely thanks to the club going out and spending money on some quality players. Without that we'd have seen Shola starting again and we probably wouldn't have taken anything from this game.

I'm not going to disagree about anything regarding Pardew's ability - or lack thereof - as a manager, but I will not ever be swayed into thinking I need to "give my head a shake" for believing that the lack of purchases made in the summer hasn't affected us negatively too. There's a lot more goes into the outcome of a match than just what the manager brings to the table.

Did we not dominate the first half?

We did.

Cisse played as the central striker first half though.

I am not defending him, cause his subs were weird again, but we have to remember when talking about tactics that there is another team on the pitch. Villa were really fighting for their lives at the start of the second half. From 60 minutes on they really didnt have that many good chances, of course we were so negative they could just launch it to Benteke and hope for a chance.