Alan Pardew

Dave

:lol: I don't think he's a very good manager, nor do I hate him. Have said before why I don't think he is very good and have also praised his good points. I don't see why both points of view can't be discussed without the extremism.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol: I don't think he's a very good manager, nor do I hate him. Have said before why I don't think he is very good and have also praised his good points. I don't see why both points of view can't be discussed without the extremism.

People think they know more about football then the next guy.

:lol: Exactly. The hatred is far too ingrained now, like. There's simply no way back for him with a few on here.

Winning the Waffa cup should do it like.

Oh, I see Ian and others have "left" this thread again. :rolleyes:

If only.

I'll give him credit where credit is due. Not seen many truly inspired decisions from him though.

Which managers out there (and would want to manage Newcastle) are you suggesting could do more with this team?

I have no idea which managers would want to manage Newcastle or not so anyone I suggest would be pointless :lol:

I think most managers with a track record of playing expressive attacking football would be a better choice though, preferably from the continent.

Pardew simply isn't amongst the top bracket of managers imo.

Guest icemanblue

:lol: Exactly. The hatred is far too ingrained now, like. There's simply no way back for him with a few on here.

If only.

You know fine well that would be down to the players who joined after we'd qualified from our group. :lol:

If only.

You know fine well that would be down to the players who joined after we'd qualified from our group. :lol:

Well, yeah :lol:

Marveaux sub against Chelsea? Gave us added forward impetus and better ball retention in midfield. Went on to win the game.

You could name Shola a few times too tbh (Spurs & Reading, he also helped us snatch a point from Everton) We could also of course ask the question "How has his management lost us games this season" :shifty:

As it currently stands he's doing well so I hope it continues, and if he does he should undoubtedly be given another season at least. He's not a shit manager by any means.

Which managers out there (and would want to manage Newcastle) are you suggesting could do more with this team?

I have no idea which managers would want to manage Newcastle or not so anyone I suggest would be pointless :lol:

I think most managers with a track record of playing expressive attacking football would be a better choice though, preferably from the continent.

This 100%.

Marveaux sub against Chelsea? Gave us added forward impetus and better ball retention in midfield. Went on to win the game.

Silly comment. Marveaux is human. You cannot guarantee performance.

You can just as easily say its pardews fault for bringing him on if he concedes a penalty.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Really I only put that down to try and stop people being lazy and just naming the best managers currently in the game, who I can't imagine would jump at the chance to manage us.

Are people wanting someone like Sousa or Martinez?

Guest icemanblue

Really I only put that down to try and stop people being lazy and just naming the best managers currently in the game, who I can't imagine would jump at the chance to manage us.

Relegation survival expert, Roberto Martinez? Of course, of course.

:lol: What?

Not sure if thats directed at me.

My point is, every sub is a gamble. Player can come on and positively influence the game, or negatively influence the game. There is no guarantee. There is no formula.

I don't really see how anyone could suggest its anything other than the new players that have seen an upturn in results. Unless of course its some crazy coincidence, where we just happened to get better overnight. And I dreamt seeing Shola/Cisse on the wing for us.

Are you suggesting that new players from France will always come right into the side, gel well, and start producing? I can think of 100 examples where that is no the case.

If he wins the Europa League considering it would be the first major trophy i would have seen us win i would suck his cock dry and announce him as the King Pardew the 1st of Wimbledon.

:lol: Duly noted.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

My point is, every sub is a gamble. Player can come on and positively influence the game, or negatively influence the game. There is no guarantee. There is no formula.

Isn't this where Man Management, pre-match preparation, in-game analysis and feedback and motivation become an important skill? To try and help that 'gamble' pay off?

Isn't this where Man Management, pre-match preparation, in-game analysis and feedback and motivation become an important skill? To try and help that 'gamble' pay off?

If there was a forumla, every manager would do it, and all would have successful subs. Even Sir Bobby did the triple sub a few times, some worked well, some didnt.

Let me put it simply: Are Ferguson/Mourinho bad managers when their players get sent off?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying exactly. I just think that it's not so open and closed as that. There are skills that a manager can use to help prepare a substitute to go on and do the 'right' job. Part of that is known the strengths and weaknesses of who you're bringing on. Knowing how THAT game is being played. Where the key points are, where the weak points are of the opposition. Knowing WHY you want to make a sub (rather then just rolling the dice and hoping).

The way you've suggested it works sounds like no manager ever would have any influence over how a substitute would perform.

I probably wouldn't want either. I don't think Martinez would be a bad choice tbh, although it really wouldn't be worth the gamble :lol:

It just seems the arguments for keeping Pardew seem to be "because he doesn't deserve to be fired" (he fucking did about 6 weeks ago) and "who else will come here?"

I sort of agree with the first bit now, he's starting to drag himself out of a massive fucking hole so it would be harsh to sack him, I do think that if Mike was a bit more adventurous we could find a better manager from abroad though. I'm not going to suggest who that manager would be as I honestly haven't got a fucking clue :lol:

i'm looking now at pardew having his  version of moyes's near relegation season (and i remember many a phone in with scousers wanting him "sackhhhhed"). next season there are few excuses given the squad we now have (and hopefully have come september).