Alan Pardew

Dave

That's a f***ing mad result like. We did the top one with a significantly weaker squad last season. For me, he'd have to qualify for the CL to make up for the disgrace that this season has been, but I think we'll be in the bottom half with him again, and good players will leave.

For this squad to have any potential, we desperately need rid.

Qualify for the CL?  Really?

He himself was saying that in August and we've a much better team/squad now.

Was he just being an arrogant, smug cunt or did he really mean it?  :mystery:

He'd just finished 5th. Isn't it obvious he wasn't going to target a lower position? ??? Or does aiming to do better make him arrogant or a smug cunt?

Not sure it's because I'm older, but there seem to be less 'amazing' managers around then there used to be. A lot of very average managers/coaches in the game now. Nothing really to back this up, just the way I feel.

I'm not sure that's true as I don't think football has ever had too many amazing managers at any one time.

Guest neesy111

He needs to improve our cup record domestically next season.  Absolute garbage record from him so far.

Definitely. Couldn't really be much worse. :lol:

I hope he is embarrassed by it as it's something which really irks me as our record over the last 8 years is poor.

He needs to improve our cup record domestically next season.  Absolute garbage record from him so far.

Definitely. Couldn't really be much worse. :lol:

I hope he is embarrassed by it.

It'll be Ferguson, Sammy, Williamson and the u-15s' team fault, not his.

That's a f***ing mad result like. We did the top one with a significantly weaker squad last season. For me, he'd have to qualify for the CL to make up for the disgrace that this season has been, but I think we'll be in the bottom half with him again, and good players will leave.

Was he just being an arrogant, smug c*** or did he really mean it?  :mystery:

Just boost the players and fans confidence?  Unlikely to turn round after coming 5th the year before and tell everyone that we were aiming for 10th, was he?  People read far far too much into comments made by managers.  Stick a microphone in front of anyone on a daily basis and some crap will come out.

I find it baffling that people genuinely believe that we should be qualifying for the CL with this squad.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not sure it's because I'm older, but there seem to be less 'amazing' managers around then there used to be. A lot of very average managers/coaches in the game now. Nothing really to back this up, just the way I feel.

I'm not sure that's true as I don't think football has ever had too many amazing managers at any one time.

Yeah, probably the 'youth' part coming into it where everything seems more magical. Feel the same way about the Champions League. Certainly looked back at the early days of the Premier League, the names of the managers are very bland! Joe Royal, Trevor Francis, Howard Wilkinson....

Was he just being an arrogant, smug c*** or did he really mean it?  :mystery:

Just boost the players and fans confidence?  Unlikely to turn round after coming 5th the year before and tell everyone that we were aiming for 10th, was he?  People read far far too much into comments made by managers.  Stick a microphone in front of anyone on a daily basis and some crap will come out.

I find it baffling that people genuinely believe that we should be qualifying for the CL with this squad.

I still don't understand what's so difficult about taking a managers quotes for what they are.

"OMG HE SAID AMEOBI IS A TOP STRIKER, WTF!!!!? DESERVES SACKING JUST FOR THAT THE CUNT!!!1"

Yeah, probably the 'youth' part coming into it where everything seems more magical. Feel the same way about the Champions League. Certainly looked back at the early days of the Premier League, the names of the managers are very bland! Joe Royal, Trevor Francis, Howard Wilkinson....

The top managers that I remember in my lifetime in this country and in no particular order are:

Ferguson

Busby

Wenger

Mourinho

Revie

Clough

Shankly

Paisley

Robson

I may have missed a couple.

Why shouldn't we be aiming to qualify for it when we came within one game of it last season and have since strengthened significantly? ???

Look who we are up against.

It's the managers making the difference, man for man I think we've got enough to challenge.

Why shouldn't we be aiming to qualify for it when we came within one game of it last season and have since strengthened significantly? ???

What, Spurs, Arsenal and Everton?

We can't compete with them? Really?

It's the managers making the difference, man for man I think we've got enough to challenge.

I don't think that we have one of the top 4 squads in the league.  Definitely not.

I don't think that we have one of the top 4 squads in the league.  Definitely not.

Challenge.

Also, a better manager might off set that.

You've missed out Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea there.  And possibly Liverpool.

As I said earlier - at best, we have the 6th best squad.

We're 9 places below that 6th place, we're 6th bottom.

We're 9 places below that 6th place, we're 6th bottom.

I think everyone is aware of that - we've all seen the league table.  We've underperformed this season.  I would have thought that it would be sensible to see how we get on next season.

If he underperforms next season with this squad, I would have no qualms about moving Pardew on.

Let's say we compete with those next season (I would include Liverpool as well who will no doubt outspend us again this summer), would you say there is enough quality and depth with our current squad to definitely finish above any of them?

Would you be happy if we finished 8th but were half a dozen points off the highest placed team in that list?

Let's say we compete with those next season (I would include Liverpool as well who will no doubt outspend us again this summer), would you say there is enough quality and depth with our current squad to definitely finish above any of them?

Would you be happy if we finished 8th but were half a dozen points off the highest placed team in that list?

That would be 'challenging' so one would assume yes..!  :lol:

Guest Dontooner

Completing is more fitting, atm we are completing with the performances of the bottom 10 teams, can't see how this could all change next season. At one Point we were playing QPR for the team with the worst performances.