Alan Pardew

Dave

Yes, he does take some responsibility. Nobody is denying that. But there's other reasons too. Yesterday, we didn't lose because of Alan Pardew.

The rant on Pardew is not on yesterday's game but his poor season .

Oh okay, aren't you bored of that by now? Aye, he's been poor overall.

Surely not one single person looks at Alan Pardew's CV, how we play, this season etc. and even the performances in the main last season, and sees a good manager?!

I doubt it. It seems that the same posters who tell us constantly that there's no chance of him being replaced (this may or may not be true) are also the ones telling us to go easy on him.

Thing is, if we are stuck with him (which, so long as we're in this division, will always be the case imo) - it's pointless getting on his back. The leniency from the SJP crowd this season is as surprising as it is welcoming.

I'll never be convinced of Ashley's desire to progress as a football club. Which is why I can see him sticking with Pardew so long as our heads are above water. As long as we're safe (and party to the TV cash influx), Ashley's got no need to upgrade the manager. The January signings were made to ensure we were amongst the recipients of the new money - they weren't designed to push us forward. If the primary goal was to progress - we'd have signed them all in the summer.

This is from the other thread I started a few weeks back:

http://i.imgur.com/mNnvqTf.png

So nearly three quarters of voters reckon a push for the EL spots is about the best we could hope for. I'm pretty confident next season under Pardew will be back close to that. If he's holding us back, it won't.

We'll see.

That's a fucking mad result like. We did the top one with a significantly weaker squad last season. For me, he'd have to qualify for the CL to make up for the disgrace that this season has been, but I think we'll be in the bottom half with him again, and good players will leave.

For this squad to have any potential, we desperately need rid.

That's a f***ing mad result like. We did the top one with a significantly weaker squad last season. For me, he'd have to qualify for the CL to make up for the disgrace that this season has been, but I think we'll be in the bottom half with him again, and good players will leave.

:thup:

Push for Europa league spot is PAR at best.

That's a f***ing mad result like. We did the top one with a significantly weaker squad last season. For me, he'd have to qualify for the CL to make up for the disgrace that this season has been, but I think we'll be in the bottom half with him again, and good players will leave.

:thup:

Push for Europa league spot is PAR at best.

Absolutely, I would say even qualification is par, but the best we can hope for? ???

And people say I'm PESSIMISTIC?! No wonder it seems like I'm always complaining if people are so happy to accept results that clearly are not good enough.

That's a fucking mad result like. We did the top one with a significantly weaker squad last season. For me, he'd have to qualify for the CL to make up for the disgrace that this season has been, but I think we'll be in the bottom half with him again, and good players will leave.

Chelsea in particular were ridiculously bad last year though, there's really no reason we should expect to finish above them normally. So that would drop us to 6th straight away. Liverpool were shite too.

Don't get me wrong, we did brilliantly. But it's not quite as straightforward as saying we could do it again (indeed IMO that's where the board fucked up in the summer) and should now improve on it because we have some better individuals.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This squad only has 1 goal scorer.

How many have Everton got?

How many do many team have to be fair. Think Man U are the only team in the Premier League where I can say 'yes, they have 2-3 goalscorers'.

Guest Dontooner

1.Man Utd - Ferguson

2.Manchester City - Mancini

3.Chelsea - Benítez

4.Tottenham - AVB

5.Arsenal - Wenger

6.Everton - Moyes

7.Liverpool - Rodgers

8.Swansea - Laudrup

9.West Bromwich Albion - Steve Clarke

10.Fulham - Jol

11.Stoke City - Pulis

12.West Ham - Sam

13.Norwich - Hughton

14.Mackems - O Neill

15.Newcastle - Pardew

16.Southampton - Pochettino

17.Wigan  - Martinez

18.Aston Villa -  Paul Lambert

19.Reading - Brian McDermott

20.QPR - Harry

These are the Managers we have in the League by League position now. The top 8 definitely have better Managers than us, add Jol and Harry in the foil of being better.

That is where Pardew class belongs slightly below average.

With the Squad we have now, i think we should at least be in the top eight. We have a top 8 squad but a below average Manager.

Whilst Pardew has really disappointed me this season, his seasons with us go as follows: one average half season; one brilliant season and one crap season (as it stands). So in essence, he's brought us the best and worst already - two ends of the spectrum if you will. Next season is make or break for him really - next season will truly define who Alan Pardew really is as a manager.

Like Dave says though, we'll see.

Qualify for the CL?  Really?

Guest Dontooner

1.Man Utd - Ferguson

2.Manchester City - Mancini

3.Chelsea - Benítez

4.Tottenham - AVB

5.Arsenal - Wenger

6.Everton - Moyes

7.Liverpool - Rodgers

8.Swansea - Laudrup

9.West Bromwich Albion - Steve Clarke

10.Fulham - Jol

11.Stoke City - Pulis

12.West Ham - Sam

13.Norwich - Hughton

14.Mackems - O Neill

15.Newcastle - Pardew

16.Southampton - Pochettino

17.Wigan  - Martinez

18.Aston Villa -  Paul Lambert

19.Reading - Brian McDermott

20.QPR - Harry

These are the Managers we have in the League by League position now. The top 8 definitely have better Managers than us, add Jol and Harry in the foil of being better.

That is where Pardew class belongs slightly below average.

With the Squad we have now, i think we should at least be in the top eight. We have a top 8 squad but a below average Manager.

TBH those who Verbally support Pardew where do you see him on the list?

And where do you see the squad strength of our team on the list?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Pardew is anything particularly special and a top tier manager could definitely get more from this squad. But doesn't that apply to most clubs? I think he's a decent enough manager, and not as bad as some make out. The jury is certainly out at present as he's had a good year followed by a shit year so it's hard to judge what his real level is. The players seem to like him though and perhaps most importantly the club seem to trust in him (mostly) which counts for a hell of a lot with these oddballs in charge. I still think removing Pardew would create far more problems than it would solve. Hopefully both he and his bosses have learnt lessons from the disaster that has been 2012/13 and we'll be back up and around where the squad should be next year.

Who knows, we could still win the... nah never mind.

He himself was saying that in August and we've a much better team/squad now.

Was he just being an arrogant, smug cunt or did he really mean it?  :mystery:

Guest neesy111

He needs to improve our cup record domestically next season.  Absolute garbage record from him so far.

He himself was saying that in August and we've a much better team/squad now.

Was he just being an arrogant, smug cunt or did he really mean it?  :mystery:

Add the word 'incompetent' and it's always this.

We won't get rid though. The board just need to bring in lots more talent to compensate for him. Whether they will/won't this summer, who knows.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not sure it's because I'm older, but there seem to be less 'amazing' managers around then there used to be. A lot of very average managers/coaches in the game now. Nothing really to back this up, just the way I feel.