Alan Pardew

Dave

Of course we won´t play like Barca. But don´t be silly. Against Bordeaux, and how bad they were compared to the PL teams we have been playing, we should be able to control the game better, no matter what you says.

We controlled the game from start to finish. Your understanding of football on and off the pitch is apalling.

Thought he (Pardew) did very well in his selection tactics last night. An excellent result achieved very much with one eye on the next match. Well done.

I agree.

To clarify. I liked the way we started the game. But I still don´t like the backing off and letting the other team control and create. You may not be able to press hard all the game, but we never do that, so that not the point. The point is that we can´t hold on the ball. Or we should try to do that more when we have the lead.

Anyway. It was a big step up (if we can do this in the PL) but we can still make it better. We have to be better to create in the final third without playing it high and long, and keep the ball in the team when in the lead, or to set the tempo we want.

I think Pardew to often is playing after how the other teams are playing and trying to stop that, instead of be the team to dictate the game.

Against teams that are better then us on paper, fine, be more careful. Against teams we are better on the paper. Take the match to them!

Of course we won´t play like Barca. But don´t be silly. Against Bordeaux, and how bad they were compared to the PL teams we have been playing, we should be able to control the game better, no matter what you says.

We controlled the game from start to finish. Your understanding of football on and off the pitch is apalling.

Ok. Then I prefer us to control the game in another way if that was the case...

So in other words you would have preferred it if we closed them down in their half and used all our energy to put pressure on them for 90 minutes rather than control the game with patient and clever passing while not emptying ourselves for Sunday?

You reason as if the only acceptable approach is to push them into their own box while winning the ball at the half way line and constantly create chances for 90 minutes. Speaks volumes in terms of your understanding of the game, but I bet you've never played yourself which sort of explains it.

Result like tonight & your reaction is we're going to play turgid football for the majority of the season?  :lol:

Look up negativity bias instead

Fair enough if you're saying you dont mind us playing poorly to get points. Lets give the side time to work though before judging, people get to far ahead of themselves.

only person that got ahead is you.  you judge me for not creaming my pants after seeing us beat the frenches last night has no substance. 

there wont be too many teams in the prem like Bordeaux who just turns up with their pants down and roll over infront of us.

if you think last nights victory was some kind of sign of whats to come for the rest of the premiership season then you're in for a bit of an awakening.  :naughty:

I'm pretty confident if we played like we did last night against Villa, Norwich and Reading the end result would have been similar to last night.

Bordeaux are not a bad side you don't go 18 games unbeaten if you are and they also beat Brugge 4-0 who inturn beat the team we drew 0-0 with last week 2-0.

We performed to something like we can and we made them look bad.

I'm pretty confident if we played like we did last night against Villa, Norwich and Reading the end result would have been similar to last night.

Bordeaux are not a bad side you don't go 18 games unbeaten if you are and they also beat Brugge 4-0 who inturn beat the team we drew 0-0 with last week 2-0.

hey who said they are actually a bad side?, even great teams have bad nights like yesterday.

they started off well, and then their dodgy centreback practically gifted us 2 goals and it was all over.

when Villa, Norwich and Reading played us, they did not defend nowhere near as poorly as bordeaux did last night.

yeh i like to be positive too. but from the fans point of view, im not sure there was that much we can learn from last night.  other than:

during the first half, cabaye, tiote, anita looked very good as a trio in midfield.

and obertan looked very good playing on the left rather than the right side which he usually plays.

only person that got ahead is you.  you judge me for not creaming my pants after seeing us beat the frenches last night has no substance. 

there wont be too many teams in the prem like Bordeaux who just turns up with their pants down and roll over infront of us.

if you think last nights victory was some kind of sign of whats to come for the rest of the premiership season then you're in for a bit of an awakening.  :naughty:

You didnt look up negativity bias did you.  There is pretty obvious substance to us improving once we have our best midfielders in the side, which we havent had for much of this season. If you choose to ignore any positive indication from that in favor holding a negative pov regardless enjoy yourself. You're the one trying to avoid being let down instead of taking the clear positives where you can.

I agree with this. This is the first match I've watched this season which has given me some confidence we can reproduce some of last season's results. It's lazy to say that Bordeaux were poor. No they weren't, they were dominating the first 15 mins or so, but once we scored we grew visibly in confidence and we were prepared to pass the ball around far more than most games this season. I don't see why we can't do this in the Premier either. Other teams manage after all. Everton for example are knocking it about quite nicely this season. It all comes down to confidence in the players, and the manager giving them clear instruction how he wants it implemented.

So in other words you would have preferred it if we closed them down in their half and used all our energy to put pressure on them for 90 minutes rather than control the game with patient and clever passing while not emptying ourselves for Sunday?

You reason as if the only acceptable approach is to push them into their own box while winning the ball at the half way line and constantly create chances for 90 minutes. Speaks volumes in terms of your understanding of the game, but I bet you've never played yourself which sort of explains it.

We should have kept the ball. Fair enough for the second half. I really didn´t saw the last minutes and with a 3-0 lead it really doesn´t matter how the game works out. But I´m mainly talking about the first half when we had a 1-0 lead.

No I don´t we played that great after 1-0.

It's worrying that he's apparently studying/teaching in the field of sports science too.

The more he can learn the better really.

I found it quite strange he didn't celebrate the first goal, but did for the 2nd (3rd also?). Maybe he had a strong word with the team on what he expected from the game. Really happy with him tonight though, team and tactics seems spot on

He's talking about ATB.

:lol:

:yao: Alan Pardew, ATB, what's the difference?

It's worrying that he's apparently studying/teaching in the field of sports science too.

I found it quite strange he didn't celebrate the first goal, but did for the 2nd (3rd also?). Maybe he had a strong word with the team on what he expected from the game. Really happy with him tonight though, team and tactics seems spot on

He's talking about ATB.

A winning smile and a way with the ladies.

He's talking about ATB.

He's talking about ATB.

Nah, you should have seen me last night ;)

we are definitely lacking confidence, as these stats show we had been playing more long balls than a fat Sam Allardyce team.

Long Ball in the Premier League (With no mention of Madrid or Barca) | Stats

http://www.eplindex.com/19915/long-ball-premier-league-mention-madrid-barca-stats.html?

http://www.eplindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/6-Games-Long-Balls.jpg

Guest Dontooner

A team that has a great manager and a team that has a mediocre one.

Being school on how to pass into spaces and using talented players effectively.

Our players are fine, they just have half the guidance to play as a unit.